Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Bill Kristol Predicts...

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Step forward David French...yes indeed, that David French. Bet you never saw that coming...

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7060311.html
    Well...at least it wasn't Mitt Romney

If that's the case, I'm surprised they didn't drag William F. Buckley Jr.s corpse out, dust him off and prop him up.(Although Buckley had a good sense of humor and might have enjoyed that).

Look, if that really is the choice (haven't heard from Kristol yet and French neither), then I hope they're just doing it to give themselves and others who weren't going to vote at all, someone to fill in the blank for at the polls...Not because they're delusional enough to think that it would sway things...because many Trump voters (at least the first few waves) probably don't read 'National Review', 'Weekly Standard, WSJ (or any newspaper at all...lol)...they view commonly perceived intellectuals as smug (probably Europeans who print unfavorable articles about him also) and push for him harder because of, and in spite of, that.
    BTW...I believe that is somewhat true of Sanders voters too (except they probably believe that they are intellectuals, because their parents never told them the truth)...they can't see beyond their protest signs and Facebook catch phrases (Oligarchy, Big [bad] Pharma...etc.)...Wall Street is Evilllll, Bankers are nasty folks....lol.

All they would do is possibly sway it more towards Hillary Clinton. That may be the idea, I don't know.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by fred41; 06-02-2016 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Used 'they're' instead of 'their'...flogging myself over it even as you read this

P.S. I don't really believe all Sanders and Trump voters are cartoons. Many are just legitimately tired of the establishment way of running things. They see continuous re-election campaigns and drives for unspeakable amounts of money...and constant strays into the truly (if not illegal) unethical (though, in at least Trumps case, they don't care about ethics either) . They want to poke the establishment in the eye and maybe hope it becomes a wake up call...
    ...I guess.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

The machine of speculations continues to turn...now the question is who will Trump choose to be Vice-Presidential nominee?...step forward Newton Leroy 'Newt' Gingrich....and why not? He has all the credentials -old, white, conservative, Washington insider, dodgy remarks about women...also on wife no 3....but I like the comment about another alternative-

Other names in the frame include Iowa Senator Joni Ernst, a rising star in Republican ranks. She has the perfect political back story after having spent time serving in the military and is well liked by many in the party. She’s also sufficiently bonkers to appeal to Trump, once pulling together a campaign video announcing she “grew up castrating hogs on an Iowa farm.”
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/pol...l-decision-ye/

hmmm...hogs...castration...three-day seminars at university to teach you how to become a millionaire- isn't this the cue for one of those hysterical Jenners and Kardashians to enter the frame? There are enough of them...

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    ..I believe that is somewhat true of Sanders voters too (except they probably believe that they are intellectuals, because their parents never told them the truth)...
    Good one. I think the same is true for Sanders himself.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

I spent the last several days with some of the best minds in politics.

And it clearly had no impact on his ability to think before writing...looks like the US has lost nothing here, but does appear to confirm a deficit in brilliant people willing to step forward to take on the hardest political jobs.