Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Donald Trump: Political Intolerance

To be fair Trish, Senestro did refer to Muslins, which you can now buy in packs of 5, without added boat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Muslin-Blanket1.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	940693

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

So, uh, Trish... Ya figger the fact that Hillary's been vetted to death already might have some slight effect on the trumpeteers' hillarphobia? Just seems to me that unless you really need the typing practice, replying to the Kool Aid drinkers is pretty much an exercise in futility that can't do anything but raise your blood pressure. Wouldn't want anything bad (like a hemorrhage) happening to my favorite girl. Get Zen baby girl. Let those eyes roll back in your head & follow the tunnel to the inner light.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmm...

Of course it you get there & see a pale image with a duckface & bad hair, babbling something incoherent about walls, & telling you you're fired...
    Well then... I'm sincerely sorry.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Every once in awhile you gotta counter Chief Little Hands' branding strategy and chomp the head off of one of his soft, marshmallowy peeps.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Avatar is not representative of the available product - contents may differ

Funny, all of us who belong to or support the LGBT community who constantly remind people to be tolerant of others as well as their beliefs and associations; then come to make postings such as this speaking of distancing themselves from "friends" for exercising their Constitutional rights in supporting a Presidential candidate that does not match our own. The next time any of us wish to remind others to be tolerant, perhaps we need to remind ourselves of it first.

2 out of 4 members liked this post.
    Last edited by SHEMALES YUM-YUM; 06-16-2016 at 01:57 AM.

So we should congratulate our friends for supporting the candidate who wants to build a wall - a huge wall? Who wants to ban Muslims from coming into the country? There is a distinction between friendship and tolerance of the freedom of others to express their views - a distinction which I think your post overlooks. No one telling to go out make friends indiscriminately, we're just telling you not to hate indiscriminately.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    So we should congratulate our friends for supporting the candidate who wants to build a wall - a huge wall? Who wants to ban Muslims from coming into the country? There is a distinction between friendship and tolerance of the freedom of others to express their views - a distinction which I think your post overlooks. No one telling to go out make friends indiscriminately, we're just telling you not to hate indiscriminately.
    As you can tell, I'm having trouble expressing myself today. I'll try again. No one is telling you to go out and make friends indiscriminately, we're just advising you not to hate indiscriminately.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by SHEMALES YUM-YUM View Post
    Funny, all of us who belong to or support the LGBT community who constantly remind people to be tolerant of others as well as their beliefs and associations; then come to make postings such as this speaking of distancing themselves from "friends" for exercising their Constitutional rights in supporting a Presidential candidate that does not match our own. The next time any of us wish to remind others to be tolerant, perhaps we need to remind ourselves of it first.
    What does it mean to tolerate intolerance? To enjoy a man standing on a podium mimicking the staccato, poorly controlled actions of someone with a disability?

It's not only constitutional to support Donald Trump for President, it would be constitutional to support David Duke for President. And while Trump is not as nakedly hateful as Duke, each of their actions are constitutional and support of both men is also constitutional. It would be unconstitutional to muzzle them, through prior restraint, through prosecution, or civil action for their indecency.

But you know what isn't unconstitutional? Choosing not to associate with people for any number of reasons, including their adherence to viewpoints one finds repugnant or their support for someone who embodies all of that ugliness.

Do I have a right to not want to affiliate with those Trump supporters on twitter who see my Jewish last name and decide to send me pictures of ovens with trails of dollar bills leading to their insides? Or to someone who responded to me saying I'm going to wear orange in support of gun control by saying, "if you see a Jew wearing orange shoot'em"? Is it okay if I don't invite this asshole into my home?

You know what, nevermind. Go fuck yourself for not even trying to understand why people might be disturbed by Trump and his supporters. And double fuck yourself for not understanding the constitution. F-

Gold Poster

The next time any of us wish to remind others to be tolerant, perhaps we need to remind ourselves of it first.
    Tolerance is intended to apply to things that are morally neutral such as race, nationality, religion, or sexual orientation. One is tolerant if he does not pass judgment on a gay man for marrying his partner. One is not intolerant if they are disgusted by somebody mocking a disabled reporter, or people who are insensitive to that.

Enjoy it and by god please tolerate it.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

then come to make postings such as this speaking of distancing themselves from "friends" for exercising their Constitutional rights in supporting a Presidential candidate that does not match our own.
    So I have to affiliate with (your buzzword is tolerate) anyone who does anything that they are constitutionally allowed to do? So if someone says they think genocide is funny, or that they hate Mexicans, it is intolerant to not want to associate with them? Funny fucking world you live in.