Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Professional Poster irvin66's Avatar

Thumbs up Leicester City FC

What is going on??? Nobody likes football here? Leicester won the Premier League and it is well deserved, there was no one upfront who thought that such a small club could do it.....

They are certainly heroes here in Norway and they have been much in the newspapers and on television. English football is big here in Norway and Arsenal is the club in my heart ......

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Harry hol schon mal den Wagen...

Senior Member Gold Poster Laphroaig's Avatar

Default Re: Leicester City FC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	931886

Last edited by Laphroaig; 05-05-2016 at 07:45 AM.

Junior Poster

It is a feel good story and for those guys that laid down money when the odds ere 5,000:1; good for you.

Born of a broken man, but not a broken man
    Born of a broken man, never a broken man

Latrodectus mactans

Senior Member Professional Poster peejaye's Avatar

Let us see if they can match what Nottingham Forest did back in the late 1970's and win the European Cup next season!
    Oh, not forgetting Forest were promoted the season before!
    I'm not peeing on Leicesters glory but the media over here have never mentioned that, despite it becoming a week long documentary!

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

In the late 1970s it was easier for Nottingham Forest to go on to win the European Cup than it would be today, because the volume of foreign players that European clubs could hire was restricted and the top European teams were more evenly matched, albeit limited to England, Italy, Germany and the Netherlands:

The Pre- Bosman rule era also had restrictions, which applied to foreign players. For example, if an English club was playing in The Champions League they could only field three foreign players and two ‘assimilated’ foreign players per match. A club could sign more than five foreign players, but were restricted to a per match basis.
    https://ballsoutinpublic.wordpress.c...tball-forever/

The Bosman Ruling in 1995 became the turning point in European club football, and paved the way for the 'galactic' teams that have dominated the Cup competition through their ability to sign the best players with galactic money. If Leicester remain united and committed, I see no reason why they should not reach the quarter-finals at least, though I think if they came up against teams like Barcelona or Bayern Munich their strongest factors -a solid defence and lightning, breakaway forwards might be severely tested. I think England have a better chance of winning the Euros.

Junior Member Rookie Poster

Tottenham til I die, Leicester will never happen again. Gonna get raped in Champions League, hats off to them, they achieved a miracle, it will never happen again

Senior Member Gold Poster holzz's Avatar

like spurs would get raped in champions league too?

spurs haven't won the league i doubt in your lifetime.....leicester has that one over you, i bet.

Senior Member Professional Poster peejaye's Avatar

To be fair Leicester haven't met any substantial opposition in the Champions League yet. Just hope they don't get Barcelona too soon, they made Man. City look like a pub side!

great achievement, but they could get relegated. Vardy/Mahrez....should have done like Kante and left haha.

still think they can/will go down.

i'd want sunderland to stay up.