Page 83 of 224 FirstFirst ... 3373787980818283848586878893133183 ... LastLast
    Gold Poster

Default Re: Thought for the Day

The BBC is releasing a documentary on whether Labour is anti-semitic. There is some question over the use of non-disclosure agreements being used to prevent people from talking about Labour anti-Semitism. Oftentimes ndas are used to protect patent processes or trade secrets, but are typically not allowed to shield whistleblowing activity. Whether it is whistleblowing activity will depend on what is contained in the documentary.

I've seen large numbers of Labour members, in advance of the documentary, try to find different grounds for accusing the documentary makers of bias (one accusation was disqualification by Jewishness, which was probably even embarrassing for some of the worst rabble rousers). I'm always a bit suspicious when someone wants to discredit something whose findings they don't know yet. But maybe Labour supporters have been disingenuous when asking to see the evidence and really they know what it is. In my experience they should sometimes be told "you're the evidence". I've seen the same accusations about the pending statutory investigation by EHRC. With such an attitude they seem to hold out no hope for exoneration.

Related to this, the Guardian published a letter signed by a relatively small number of signatories from the Jewish community claiming the accusations of anti-Semitism are a smear campaign. This is not the first time they've published such a letter, often with the same signatories, but this is the first time they've pulled the letter, after it was reported one signatory was a Holocaust denier and one had publicly admitted to pretending to be Jewish because of its usefulness. I think one was a 9/11 truther but that doesn't necessarily make them less Jewish.

A few resignations today as well. I'm curious to see the documentary and the findings of the EHRC investigation. If I were compiling evidence, I would have enough to make the argument so I have to imagine a team of people will dutifully report it.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by broncofan; 07-09-2019 at 08:33 PM.

Gold Poster

One of the signatories of the letter in the Guardian wrote "Rothchild funded both the British and French Napoleonic Wars", that "Jews do not pray to Jesus, they killed him", "thankfully the Hispanics are outbreeding Jews in New York" and "Zionists are animals to be exterminated".

This was by the signatory of a letter hoping to exonerate Labour!!! I wonder what the opinion is of the broader public about what's going on there.

Senior Member Silver Poster

I just heard we were demoted to 29th in the United Federation of Planets,...Damn you Trump!!!
    Scientists must admit we are trained animals.
    My thought?
    Break training.
    I honestly don't know what's going to happen with Trump, I've been wrong so far. I think Robert Mueller is chugging a bottle of Maalox about now, thinking about the good old days in Viet Nam. Everything Trump says, even the lies, is about 37% right. That makes him 100% wrong.
    Those Clowns Trump hangs with make a million bucks on a phone call.
    Nobody believes in the Devil but they all know his name.

World Class Asshole

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Latest from the President of the USA: 'I can do anything I want'.

Is this true, and is it because nobody in over 200 years ever thought a man so corrupt would be President that the Constitution would allow anything and everything that is not specifically not allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Latest from the President of the USA: 'I can do anything I want'.
    Is this true, and is it because nobody in over 230 years ever thought a man so corrupt would be President that the Constitution would allow anything and everything that is not specifically not allowed?
    pretty much.

World Class Asshole

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    pretty much.
    So you changed one number in Stavros' quoted text and wrote pretty much three indents from the left. What is going on here? From my abode in Denver this seems awfully suspicious

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    So you changed one number in Stavros' quoted text and wrote pretty much three indents from the left. What is going on here? From my abode in Denver this seems awfully suspicious
    You said you didn't live in Colorado...…
    I was actually thinking the same thing Stavros was thinking, Trump isn't the President who acts like an asshole, he's an asshole who acts like a President.His election is completely unbelievable. This can't happen.
    I think Mueller has everything. The taxes, the money laundering, the Putin connection, as well as other crimes farmed out to New York. They were sloppy. And they will receive no mercy in Court.
    Mueller even ponied up the dough to pay the 25 million price tag from the Paul Manafort seizures. Nice touch.

World Class Asshole

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Some powerful and emotional responses in defence of Baltimore following the dog's attack, though one should pause to recall that typical volley of abuse was provoked by Rupert Murdoch's 'news' infotaintment., just as one marvels at the claim he made when Obama was President that if he was flown into the city he would 'fix it quick'! Whereas David Simon said if he was flown into West Baltimore where they shot The Wire, the President would 'wet himself'.

The full version of Blackwell's passionate response is here-
    https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/28/p...ets/index.html

The editorial in the Baltimore Sun is surely the most astonishing attack on a sitting President in the press, maybe worse than anything said by Nixon? I copy it below having had to work round the fact the Baltimore Sun is not available from the UK (I had to use the Cached function on google).

But here is the thought: what is the thinking behind all this racist garbage? Is 2020 really going to be fought on issues around 'the browning of America' and the allusion to disloyalty to America based on colour and religion? Can the people advancing this be so utterly ignorant of their own history? Murdoch and his dog hate government, and will do anything they can do denigrate, demean and undermine the concept of it as well as its actual practice -they want a world without taxation, regulation (and without tariffs and quotas) where even defence of the 'nation' is provided by organized militias. Congress and its Congressional Representatives are USELESS, that is the key message from the Murdoch-Dog kennel.
    The silence from the bulk of the Republican Party is expected, but is it not also a violation of their oath to not respond when the USA is being attacked like this? Is it not time to impeach, if not the President, members of Congress for violating their oath of office?

Baltimore Sun Editorial
    "In case anyone missed it, the president of the United States had some choice words to describe Maryland’s 7th congressional district on Saturday morning. Here are the key phrases: “no human being would want to live there,” it is a “very dangerous & filthy place,” “Worst in the USA” and, our personal favorite: It is a “rat and rodent infested mess.” He wasn’t really speaking of the 7th as a whole. He failed to mention Ellicott City, for example, or Baldwin or Monkton or Prettyboy, all of which are contained in the sprawling yet oddly-shaped district that runs from western Howard County to southern Harford County. No, Donald Trump’s wrath was directed at Baltimore and specifically at Rep. Elijah Cummings, the 68-year-old son of a former South Carolina sharecropper who has represented the district in the U.S. House of Representatives since 1996.
    It’s not hard to see what’s going on here. The congressman has been a thorn in this president’s side, and Mr. Trump sees attacking African American members of Congress as good politics, as it both warms the cockles of the white supremacists who love him and causes so many of the thoughtful people who don’t to scream. President Trump bad-mouthed Baltimore in order to make a point that the border camps are “clean, efficient & well run," which, of course, they are not — unless you are fine with all the overcrowding, squalor, cages and deprivation to be found in what the Department of Homeland Security’s own inspector-general recently called “a ticking time bomb."
    In pointing to the 7th, the president wasn’t hoping his supporters would recognize landmarks like Johns Hopkins Hospital, perhaps the nation’s leading medical center. He wasn’t conjuring images of the U.S. Social Security Administration, where they write the checks that so many retired and disabled Americans depend upon. It wasn’t about the beauty of the Inner Harbor or the proud history of Fort McHenry. And it surely wasn’t about the economic standing of a district where the median income is actually above the national average. No, he was returning to an old standby of attacking an African American lawmaker from a majority black district on the most emotional and bigoted of arguments. It was only surprising that there wasn’t room for a few classic phrases like “you people” or “welfare queens” or “crime-ridden ghettos” or a suggestion that the congressman “go back” to where he came from.
    This is a president who will happily debase himself at the slightest provocation. And given Mr. Cummings’ criticisms of U.S. border policy, the various investigations he has launched as chairman of the House Oversight Committee, his willingness to call Mr. Trump a racist for his recent attacks on the freshmen congresswomen, and the fact that “Fox & Friends” had recently aired a segment critical of the city, slamming Baltimore must have been irresistible in a Pavlovian way. Fox News rang the bell, the president salivated and his thumbs moved across his cell phone into action.
    As heartening as it has been to witness public figures rise to Charm City’s defense on Saturday, from native daughter House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to Mayor Bernard C. “Jack” Young, we would above all remind Mr. Trump that the 7th District, Baltimore included, is part of the United States that he is supposedly governing. The White House has far more power to affect change in this city, for good or ill, than any single member of Congress including Mr. Cummings. If there are problems here, rodents included, they are as much his responsibility as anyone’s, perhaps more because he holds the most powerful office in the land.
    Finally, while we would not sink to name-calling in the Trumpian manner — or ruefully point out that he failed to spell the congressman’s name correctly (it’s Cummings, not Cumming) — we would tell the most dishonest man to ever occupy the Oval Office, the mocker of war heroes, the gleeful grabber of women’s private parts, the serial bankrupter of businesses, the useful idiot of Vladimir Putin and the guy who insisted there are “good people” among murderous neo-Nazis that he’s still not fooling most Americans into believing he’s even slightly competent in his current post. Or that he possesses a scintilla of integrity. Better to have some vermin living in your neighborhood than to be one."

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by Stavros; 07-29-2019 at 12:52 PM.

I think what I hate most is that Trump is getting away with it. Behind the clown tweets he and his are on a four year smash and grab heist, seeding away millions where no-one will ever find it. Money for a rainy day. A grand old time. And we're all watching. How can anybody jack off to Shemales and enjoy it when that's what he wants us to do!!!!

World Class Asshole

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    How can anybody jack off to Shemales and enjoy it when that's what he wants us to do!!!!
    If you spent more time in the general discussion section rather than always loitering in the political section you might be aware that "shemale" has not been an acceptable term on this forum for some time.