Page 6 of 222 FirstFirst 12345678910111656106 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Re: Thought for the Day

Quote Originally Posted by sukumvit boy View Post
    http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...iter-tells-all
    Excellent New Yorker article.
    Tony Schwartz who ghostwrite "The Art of the Deal" felt compelled to speak out about the "sociopath , compulsive liar and bully" he came to know.
    Unbelievable that people actually think he is "great". Are so many lacking basic observational skills?

Senior Member Silver Poster

They're rewriting the history books on the American Election process, EVERYBODY with a lick of sense laughed at Trump, yet here we are.
    The new history books will not be printed, they will be downloaded onto apps, or Applephones, or whatever it is you kids are linked into these days.

...See?.... This crazy shit is what happens when you put a jig in the White House!!!
    The World is upside down, and traveling a thousand miles an hour below your feats.
    Feel it now?
    VOTE!!!!!!!!!!

And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
    Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there;
    O! say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
    O'er the land of the freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    and the home of the brave?

World Class Asshole

Rude Gurl Professional Poster Yvonne183's Avatar

My thought for the day.

Roses are redish
    Violets are Bluish,
    If it wasn't for Jesus,
    We'd all be Jewish

One thing about Trump some might not understand. What everyone says on this group is quite correct about him being a liar, a bully and whatever else bad that was mentioned,, but what you guys don't understand is we don't care. People who like Trump don't care whatever bad things is said about him even if it's true. We just don't care what is said, Trump is who we/they want.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

You can't always get what you want.
    No, you can't always get what you want.
    You can whine and stomp,
    And act like a chump,
    And that's just what you'll be,
    ~you're a chump~
    Yeah, that's just what you'll be,
    ~what a chump~
    Yeah, Trump made a chump out of thee.
    ~ooohh yeaaah~

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne183 View Post
    My thought for the day.

Roses are redish
    Violets are Bluish,
    If it wasn't for Jesus,
    We'd all be Jewish

One thing about Trump some might not understand. What everyone says on this group is quite correct about him being a liar, a bully and whatever else bad that was mentioned,, but what you guys don't understand is we don't care. People who like Trump don't care whatever bad things is said about him even if it's true. We just don't care what is said, Trump is who we/they want.
    On one level, Yvonne you are right, because most people do not think intellectually or analyse what candidates say, they vote with their gut -in the UK people voted Labour in 1997 not because they knew or cared what Tony Blair and the Labour Party said they would do, but because they were fed up with Tories holding office for 13 years and arguing among themselves. Again, many voters in the UK voted to leave the EU because they took the view there were too many immigrants in the country, the EU was responsible and voting to leave would 'solve' the problem -no amount of evidence or argument showing the argument to be wrong was needed, one wonders if the tv debates were a waste of time.

On the other hand, in the US election, it is not clear if there are enough 'angry white men' in the US, or anyone else who supports Trump, to swing it his way. And whereas in the UK we have a 'first past the post' system which means one vote is enough, in the US Presidential election the Electoral College makes the final decision. Unless there is some extraordinary event that fells Mrs Clinton's campaign, I don't see how she can lose. But who knows what will happen, could Trump just walk away from the campaign some time between now and November? He is already trying to duck out of the tv debates with Mrs Clinton.
    But yes I think a lot of people have made up their minds already, but the 'unknown unknowns' remain a potent part of the electorate.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Rude Gurl Professional Poster Yvonne183's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    On one level, Yvonne you are right, because most people do not think intellectually or analyse what candidates say, they vote with their gut -in the UK people voted Labour in 1997 not because they knew or cared what Tony Blair and the Labour Party said they would do, but because they were fed up with Tories holding office for 13 years and arguing among themselves. Again, many voters in the UK voted to leave the EU because they took the view there were too many immigrants in the country, the EU was responsible and voting to leave would 'solve' the problem -no amount of evidence or argument showing the argument to be wrong was needed, one wonders if the tv debates were a waste of time.

On the other hand, in the US election, it is not clear if there are enough 'angry white men' in the US, or anyone else who supports Trump, to swing it his way. And whereas in the UK we have a 'first past the post' system which means one vote is enough, in the US Presidential election the Electoral College makes the final decision. Unless there is some extraordinary event that fells Mrs Clinton's campaign, I don't see how she can lose. But who knows what will happen, could Trump just walk away from the campaign some time between now and November? He is already trying to duck out of the tv debates with Mrs Clinton.
    But yes I think a lot of people have made up their minds already, but the 'unknown unknowns' remain a potent part of the electorate.
    Whether there is enough of any type of person to get Trump elected remains to be seen.

What I tried to say in my comment is people seem to say bad things about Trump as if their words will change the minds of people who support him. Even if the words are true about Trump, people won't be swayed by what others say about Trump.

I first came to this group thinking that my words could sway people to see things my way, all I learned is people are set in their ways and no amount of rhetoric will change their minds. Also I woke up and realized I don't know anyone here from Adam and why waste my time responding to people I honestly don't give two craps for,, but you are cool Starvos, I kinda like you.

In a way people who like Trump won't be swayed just as people will vote for Hillary who is clearly a criminal. And just cause she wasn't indicted doesn't mean anything, Al Capone was never charged with being a murdering gangster. People are basically sheep and will follow a few certain candidates, just look at the web sites including this site, most people are aligned with one of two groups dems or repubs, very few independently thinking people out there.

One reason I like Trump is cause of his stand against big business that want to close up shop and move out of the country. Whether he is actually able to do something remains to be seen but at least he talks about it, while Hillary takes as much money from said companies. Bernie Sanders comes close to this but he seems to just want to tax companies for the sake of getting money from them. Trump is a nationalist but I feel he might do something good, we've tried all the rest of the bozo's and none seem to have worked, maybe I have faith that Trump will be different. Also he is a New Yorker and for some reason people don't fully understand when a true New Yorker talks, there is a lot of grain of salt to be taken, one can't take everything said literally word for word. I just hope he's right on the things that matter.

Also I am tired of the dynasties, like the Clintons, the Bushes, the Kennedys, the Coumos. I am tired of politics seeming like it's a royalty thing.

Good day to you Starvos

...people seem to say bad things about Trump as if their words will change the minds of people who support him.
    One rarely engages in discussion to persuade an 'opponent', but rather to sway reasonable onlookers. On the other hand memes are generally used to reinforce the already decided or troll the 'opponent.'

I am tired of politics seeming like it's a royalty thing.
    Difficult to believe of any Trump supporter.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Oh Boy, A fight!!!
    Yvonne, if I'm ever on trial for Murder, I hope you're on the Jury
    (wink wink)
    As long as it was a black man I killed, I'm golden.

I have mixed feelings that the Republicans are running Trump, and not a Lincoln or an Eisenhower,
    one the one hand Trump is going to be easy to beat, but on the other hand, it proves what a fucked up undercurrent is going on beneath the scum covered surface that is the Congressional Pond.

"There is no security, only opportunity" -Gen Douglas MacArthur

This would be a fantastic time to destroy the Republican Party and send Hot Yvonne out into the Wilderness for eight years, just like I was when THE BIG W was in the Oval Office.
    I love you Yvonne, and I want you to loosen your monkey grip on the insanity you crave so much.
    President Trump WILL NOT HAPPEN.
    The Republican Fund Raising Division has metastacized into a cancer that is murdering the Country.
    Time to start cutting.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    World Class Asshole

Trump will, and already has, hurt the GOP - deeply. But he won’t kill it. The death of the Republican Party has been proclaimed many time before. It lives because it has its Congressional seats sewn up and neatly packaged into oddly shaped, little gerrymandered pieces. It’ll take one lucky shot to slay that Goliath.

Here’s my conspiracy theory: Once he’s in office, the GOP is planning to impeach Trump at the earliest opportunity (Trump will provide them with plenty of impeachable offenses in just his first 100 days). Donald ousted, Pence will take office, a fiscal and social conservative. Problem solved.
    You don’t have to tell me - I know it’s malarkey - I just right now made it up - but it is a fun thought for the day.

Those red states you see on the electoral map will always be Republican, with Senators and inbred House members,
    my conspiracy theory is that the Russians have the best hacked Hillary emails waiting for a Nov 7 release.
    Ummnggghhh!
    The BIG MONEY side of Republican Politics might cozy up under the sheets with Hillary. Career Politician Hillary will spread her legs for cash. Obama has had Big Business sitting on their hands for eight years. (God, I'll miss Obama.) Wooing Republican Investors would take the fangs out of the Republican Party, just like taking ISIS' oil bucks is what will fatally kill them. Karl Rove is having a hard time making an impassioned speech to Donors when Trump spends the money on Miralago parties.

Trump voters don't have much of an explanation as to why they would vote for Trump except for "He's one of us"
    I'm going to have to sit down some time when I have a calm moment and figure out why that makes sense, or why that makes absolutely no sense, yet it must make sense and I can't figure it out, or why it makes absolutely no sense on one level but perfect sense on another level...... I kinda get it, but politics is all about blind spots. I'm getting a headache.

I just started Blood Meridian, thanks Trish, cool book, I also bought a book on 1/43 scale model cars, it was cheaper to buy it from England, even with shipping charges, because of Brexit's devaluation of the Pound......
    Maybe Putin really is behind all this craziness!

World Class Asshole