Page 219 of 224 FirstFirst ... 119169209214215216217218219220221222223224 LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 2231
    Senior Member Gold Poster KnightHawk 2.0's Avatar

Default Re: Thought for the Day

Not surprising at all the Speaker In Name Only MAGA Mike Johnson was at Mar A Largo to bend the knee and kiss the ring of his leader Donald Trump,instead of doing his job which is bringing the bipartisan bill for funding for Ukraine,Taiwan and Israel to the house floor for a vote and pass it,and sent it the White House so President Joe Biden can sign it. And The MAGA Caucus continue to keep kissing their leader's ass,it is going to end up costing them control of Congress in the General Election.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by KnightHawk 2.0 View Post
    Not surprising at all the Speaker In Name Only MAGA Mike Johnson was at Mar A Largo to bend the knee and kiss the ring of his leader Donald Trump,instead of doing his job which is bringing the bipartisan bill for funding for Ukraine,Taiwan and Israel to the house floor for a vote and pass it,and sent it the White House so President Joe Biden can sign it. And The MAGA Caucus continue to keep kissing their leader's ass,it is going to end up costing them control of Congress in the General Election.
    They must be hoping for a political miracle. It may be true that Biden has some issues related to his age, but his team in the White House is made up of mature men and women. Trump and his supporters can only base their confidence on some manipulation of the votes when they are counted, for I don't see the man improving on his previous tally. We still don't know what the outcome of his legal cases will be, which I assume is one reason why Haley does not drop out.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    They must be hoping for a political miracle. It may be true that Biden has some issues related to his age, but his team in the White House is made up of mature men and women. Trump and his supporters can only base their confidence on some manipulation of the votes when they are counted, for I don't see the man improving on his previous tally. We still don't know what the outcome of his legal cases will be, which I assume is one reason why Haley does not drop out.
    Agree that is exactly what the MAGA Caucus is hoping for in the General Election,because they think it will help their leader Donald Trump get elected president and back into power. And also agree that President Joe Biden has some issues related to his age,but his cabinet in the White House is made up of mature men and women who are qualified and have experience. Donald Trump and his brainwashed supporters can only base their confidence on some manipulation of the votes when they are counted,which didn't turn out in their favor in the 2020 general election,and also don't see him improving on his previous tally. And we don't know the outcome of his legal cases will be,and is one of the reasons why Nikki Haley hasn't drop out.

Last edited by KnightHawk 2.0; 02-22-2024 at 01:53 AM.

The annual CPAC offers some juicy headlines for those interested in what the lunatics are planning - Liz Truss, once upon a time the Prime Minister of the UK has attacked 'the deep State' for undermining her when she was in No 10, claiming among other things that the Civil Service these days is populated by Trans Activists, and the Quangos who evidently have more power than the Govt and who do all they can to maintain the status quo -one which to some people means the rich get richer and the poor get nothing. She was a member of successive Govts from 2012 but never managed to persuade any of her colleagues to get rid of all those Quangos, so I guess she really was a failure.

Prize for the best nugget must go to Steve Bannon, who like Truss wants the 'administrative state' to be smashed if Trump returns, only he is both promising it will happen and that when it does it will be bloody-

"“The administrative and deep state after President Trump wins, starting on the afternoon of the 20th of January, every day will be like Stalingrad. It will be a war to the knife.”"
    Britain’s ‘deep state’ thwarted my plans, Liz Truss tells US far-right summit | CPAC | The Guardian

How about that for the Republican campaign slogan in the election:

Our Promise to America Stalingrad Every Day

or

Our Promise to America: A War of the Knife

A reminder of what happened

Battle Of Stalingrad Facts You Should Know | Imperial War Museums (iwm.org.uk)

"The Alabama Supreme Court has ruled that frozen embryos can be considered children under state law, a decision critics said could have sweeping implications for fertility treatment in the state."
    "“Unborn children are ‘children’ ... without exception based on developmental stage, physical location, or any other ancillary characteristics,” Justice Jay Mitchell wrote in Friday’s majority ruling by the all-Republican court."
    Alabama frozen embryos ruling: What it means for fertility treatments | AP News

There are times when I wonder what some Americans use for brains, but I can't work it out.

Shock, anger, confusion grip Alabama after court ruling on embryos - The Washington Post

Trump.&.The End Of Democracy: Very scary and downright terrifying,and what could happen if Donald Trump wins a second term.

Last edited by KnightHawk 2.0; 02-24-2024 at 05:02 AM.

Tucker Carlson, American History, and why he can't be a traitor for cuddling Putin in his rhetorical arms-

""The idea that I've been flacking for Putin when my relatives fought in the Revolutionary War. I’m as American as you could be. [Atlantic staff writer] Anne Applebaum calls me a 'traitor.' It's just, like, so dumb.""

-You can read the other responses here-
    'Benedict Arnold': Carlson slammed over claim he can’t be a 'traitor' since his family fought in Rev war (msn.com)

Some years ago while walking from Marylebone Station to Oxford St in London, I passed a house on Gloucester Place where Benedict Arnold used to live, graced by a plaque. There are other places in London that celebrate the loyalty of Mr Benedict to His Noble, and Most Gracious Majesty, King George. And why not? After all, I don't know about Tucker Carlson or his relatives, but George Washington was a Traitor to the King. Deal with that, Amerique.

Start your tourist trail here-
    Benedict Arnold-American Patriot in London? The View From Chelsea Title

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Another African country legalizes hate, is anyone surprised? The continent will soon match much of the Caribbean as a 'No-go' destination for LGBTQ+ people -and their supporters and admirers.

Ghana’s parliament passes anti-homosexuality bill (yahoo.com)

George Galloway has won the by-election in Rochdale, hammering the Labour Party in the process. With a low turnout the result is not surprising, nor was it surprising to hear Galloway exploit the very real crisis in Gaza for his own political purposes. He has form when it comes to the Middle East, having supported Saddam Hussein and Bashar al-Asad in the past. His Parliamentary record is poor as when he was an MP before he often either was not in the House, or had nothing to say. His stance on Iraq, Syria (a conflict which led to the effective dissolution of a previous party over internal disputes), and Palestine has been shaped more by a love of opposition than any coherent solution to 100 years of conflict, while a previous charity he founded for Gaza allegedly never did anything there. He was also in favour of the EU Referendum and opposed to more EU integration. He is not so much an Ace in the Hole for those disillusioned by two-party politics, as an Ass in the Hole of a House of Commons that is on its last legs.

This Guardian article does a reasonable job of describing his classroom politics. Nothing to be worried about here, as it remains to be seen if Gaza is going to be a deal breaker for Labour, much as it may affect Biden in some parts of the US but be irrelevant in others.

George Galloway: constituency-hopping campaigner who is rarely far from controversy | George Galloway | The Guardian