Page 175 of 224 FirstFirst ... 75125165170171172173174175176177178179180185 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2233
    Gold Poster

Default Re: Thought for the Day

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    If you grow tired of debating with us perhaps you can have deep and meaningful discussions with him on the merits of fiscal conservatism. Good luck with that.
    I was having trouble finding a laughing emoji so this is the best I can do.

I know you think peejaye is more motivated by his animosity than whatever faux leftism he was touting but the possibilities are exciting. I find the potential for a Donald Trump George Galloway 2024 campaign appealing. I'm tired so I only have the first minute of a Trump Galloway strategy session:

Galloway: Joe Biden is a two bit senile warmongering popinjay driving the US imperialist apparatus.

Trump: No George, he's simply a loser.

Galloway: Well you certainly have a way with words. I admire your indefatigability sir.

Trump: I like you George but if you call me fat I'll kick your ass.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by broncofan; 01-08-2022 at 03:46 PM.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
    Peejaye's just finding his way toward the right side of The Force. Political opinions change with time and life experience. Peejaye might very well be smarter than you, Flighty, at least he's opened his mind to non-toxic ideas.
    If you're a real friend you'll help him set up an ebay account so he can sell his che guevara tshirts and hats along with his Ken Livingstone posters and custom made berets. Or cash them in for shirts that say "abortion is murder", "forced vaccination is like Auschwitz", or "Obama founded Isis" or something pithy like that.

Terribly Mysterious Veteran Poster Nick Danger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    If you're a real friend you'll help him set up an ebay account so he can sell his che guevara tshirts and hats along with his Ken Livingstone posters and custom made berets. Or cash them in for shirts that say "abortion is murder", "forced vaccination is like Auschwitz", or "Obama founded Isis" or something pithy like that.
    Obviously you guys have a history with Peejaye. I don't. He's been quite reasonable from my perspective. Have you considered the possibility that his political beliefs have sincerely evolved? Or do you just hate the guy too much to give him a break?

We are number one. All others are number two or lower.

Gold Poster

Obviously you guys have a history with Peejaye. I don't. He's been quite reasonable from my perspective. Have you considered the possibility that his political beliefs have sincerely evolved? Or do you just hate the guy too much to give him a break?
    I was never really sure what his political beliefs were to begin with. He told us what politicians he liked and then which ones he didn't like. The reason he provided for not liking the ones he didn't like was that they were right wing. And if he didn't like someone's posts he would become verbally abusive and he eventually got around to nearly everyone who disagreed with him.

The evolution of his political beliefs would be analogous to a single-celled organism evolving into another single-celled organism.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

The evolution of his political beliefs would be analogous to a single-celled organism evolving into another single-celled organism.
    This made me snort a french fry out of my nose.

filghy2 Silver Poster

You know you don't have to speculate on what he really thinks. He obviously comes here regularly and talks to you (I think he's blocked the rest of us). What's stopping you from asking him what he thinks about fiscal conservatism? Go on, we need some entertainment.

filghy2 Silver Poster

I was never really sure what his political beliefs were to begin with. He told us what politicians he liked and then which ones he didn't like. The reason he provided for not liking the ones he didn't like was that they were right wing. And if he didn't like someone's posts he would become verbally abusive and he eventually got around to nearly everyone who disagreed with him.
    Actually, he didn't like those who were moderate left or centrist either - possibly hated them as much as the Conservatives.

His grudge-holding has been through three distinct stages over the past few years:
    1. Verbal abuse of people disagreeing with him (favourite word c**t).
    2. Mass down-voting of their posts.
    3. Sucking up to any right-winger who showed up here to disagree with us (eg Mr Fanti, CD Sasha).

You know you don't have to speculate on what he really thinks. He obviously comes here regularly and talks to you (I think he's blocked the rest of us). What's stopping you from asking him what he thinks about fiscal conservatism? Go on, we need some entertainment.
    Not sure what you think you've seen, Flighty, but Peejaye and I have had a total of two interactions in this life, and you have been here to witness both of them. Surely with your bibliophilic approach to this forum, you know the extent of what's been said. If you guys have some big problem with Peejaye, it's, uh, not my problem. Besides, you're quite entertaining enough for me.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Actually, there's been three interactions, though the previous one was 4 years ago. Not only did you spurn the poor man's request to be his pen pal, but you can't even remember doing so. http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/sho...23#post1859123

Quote Originally Posted by peejaye View Post
    Why oh why do you waste time on RUBBISH like this Nick? Check your PM box & hopefully we can suffocate these two fucking lunatics

America first, as it should be for all Americans.
    I don't think of this as a waste of time, PJ. This board is an echo chamber when it comes to politics. There are a few conservatives here but none who care to peel their eyes away from all the ass long enough to pose a counter-argument to...well, pretty much everyone else on the board. I can't even remember the last time someone replied to me in agreement, or if it's ever happened at all. No surprise.

My experience tells me, though, that sometimes people will go out of their way to read what I write, even if they don't agree with me, because I try to say things with a little flair and I'm no fool. And these are the people I want to talk to about the problems with liberalism. T-girls are my favorite girls. I'm hoping some of them will realize that there are more important things than which bathroom they use, or whether they're welcome to join the Army they never wanted to join in the first place. The prosperity of the USA affects everyone here much more than minor considerations about civil rights. My message is basically yes, Republicans are assholes. But they're professional assholes, and you need professional assholes in charge of your country whether you realize it or not. Apply some perspective to your vote.

I like Stavros and Flighty. They will NEVER admit that they are wrong about something, and I respect that, I really do. A man isn't a man if he doesn't hold firm on his beliefs. Hell, I drop logic bombs on them non-stop, but they're immune. In this very thread, I had to straighten out Stavros for calling me a liar about Obama increasing troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. Showed him the articles and everything. He weaseled out of the call-out by fudging the meaning of my original statement a bit, and yeah I could have called him out again. But I let it slide, because backing Stavros into a corner is not what I'm here for. I'm here because I believe very firmly that we need a big Republican win in the mid-terms. Then 4 more years of Trump. After that I'm content to let the Democrats take over for a term or two, give the non-self-reliant and sympathy-driven citizens what they want for a few years. The ebb and flow is important, you can't keep social progress on the back-burner for too long (nor can you shove it down people's throats too hastily).

Anyway, thanks for joining the conversation, PJ.
    I take it you are not very confident about him really being a convert.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Actually, there's been three interactions, though the previous one was 4 years ago. Not only did you spurn the poor man's request to be his pen pal, but you can't even remember doing so. http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/sho...23#post1859123 I take it you are not very confident about him really being a convert.
    Well, I can certainly visualize a scenario in which someone might pop onto this board and start expressing unpopular opinions and get tag-team verbal raped by you lot. If I had the inclination I suppose I could go back and study the dynamics of the relationship between you guys and Peejaye, take sides, get involved, spend many hours discussing it. But, uh, I'm not going to do that. If Peejaye wants to have a presence in this forum he's going to have to make himself present.