Page 171 of 223 FirstFirst ... 71121161166167168169170171172173174175176181221 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 2226
    Gold Poster

Default Re: Thought for the Day

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
    Do you guys also celebrate premature ejaculation on your timeline Flighty? You must be doing a real victory dance behind your senile overlord’s abject failure to pass his signature legislation.
    I suppose we can talk about any subject we want including Joe's cognitive ability. Just because he has a stutter doesn't mean he hasn't also lost mental acuity. Anyone who is 79 will have but as someone who stutters it's probably difficult for him to mask it.

Trump showed an enormous number of signs of cognitive impairment. He would say things that didn't make sense, he was unable to speak in complete sentences, he'd engage in obvious bluster to hide the fact that he didn't know what he was talking about. But to fool the average Republican one only needs to speak with confidence and Trump's willingness to brazenly lie kept him from having to think about what he was saying.

Trump was pleased that he was able to remember five words in sequence. Trump, Palin, Bush, and Reagan lowered the bar so much that being able to speak clearly like Obama was seen as elitist. If we want intelligent leaders in this country, the Republican talent pool is pretty shallow.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by broncofan; 12-20-2021 at 05:06 PM.

Terribly Mysterious Veteran Poster Nick Danger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    I suppose we can talk about any subject we want including Joe's cognitive ability. Just because he has a stutter doesn't mean he hasn't also lost mental acuity. Anyone who is 79 will have but as someone who stutters it's probably difficult for him to mask it.

Trump showed an enormous number of signs of cognitive impairment. He would say things that didn't make sense, he was unable to speak in complete sentences, he'd engage in obvious bluster to hide the fact that he didn't know what he was talking about. But to fool the average Republican one only needs to speak with confidence and Trump's willingness to brazenly lie kept him from having to think about what he was saying.

Trump was pleased that he was able to remember five words in sequence. Trump, Palin, Bush, and Reagan lowered the bar so much that being able to speak clearly like Obama was seen as elitist. If we want intelligent leaders in this country, the Republican talent pool is pretty shallow.
    I honestly don't think Trump's lost a step, he's always been blustery like that, I think I may have mentioned my family is based in NYC, so I have a long history of watching The Donald in action. I think he very often launches into a statement having no idea where it's going to end, he just knows he has to say something, he knows what general message he wants to portray, so he opens his pie-hole and hopes today is one of the days he catches a groove. Has nothing to do with age, it's just casual narcissism and a laissez faire attitude toward fucking up.

Biden on the other hand is definitely losing it. I mean I could link a video of Biden gaffes if you want but pretty sure we've all seen them. Suddenly drawing a blank mid-sentence, telling the same (false) story over and over - you know the one I'm talking about, the famous Amtrak story. Saying inappropriate things completely by accident; as opposed to Trump who did it on purpose. These are all real signs of what we commonly call senility. I can definitely visualize Biden sitting in a meeting with Putin and just rattling off some top secret shit then saying, "Oh, I shouldn't have told you that!" while smiling an impish grin.

It's not going to get any better. But it's definitely going to get worse.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by Nick Danger; 12-20-2021 at 11:25 PM.
    We are number one. All others are number two or lower.

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/20...idterms-525815

That’s for you, Stavros. My thought for the day is that it’s time you opened your eyes to the fact that your beloved Democrats are rutting around in the same gerrymandering mud as Republicans.

As you peruse the article, which I pulled directly from a Democrat-controlled source for your maximum enjoyment, note the varied opportunities for corruption of the “independent” process and the fact that the buck stops at Nancy Pelosi.

I know you’re allegedly hibernating but you’re lurking. No reply is required, Merry Christmas, Stavros.

filghy2 Silver Poster

As you peruse the article, which I pulled directly from a Democrat-controlled source for your maximum enjoyment, note the varied opportunities for corruption of the “independent” process and the fact that the buck stops at Nancy Pelosi.
    Except that nothing in the article says any such thing. That is pure invention by you. The changes were approved unanimously by a panel of 5 Democrats and 5 Republicans. The only mention of Nancy Pelosi was some Republican complaining that it would help her keep her majority.

You are a pathetic clown, Merry Xmas.

Last edited by filghy2; 12-22-2021 at 07:24 AM.

filghy2 Silver Poster

You must be doing a real victory dance behind your senile overlord’s abject failure to pass his signature legislation.
    Memory quiz: What was the main Republican legislative priority in 2017, and how did that go?
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...lace-obamacare

filghy2 Silver Poster

According to this article, gerrymandering has given the Republicans a 16-17 seat advantage in the House Of Reps (out of 435) over the past decade. The worst cases of gerrymandering bias are in Republican- controlled states. Both sides have done it, but not to the same degree.
    https://www.brennancenter.org/our-wo...ring-explained

filghy2 Silver Poster

I can definitely visualize Biden sitting in a meeting with Putin and just rattling off some top secret shit then saying, "Oh, I shouldn't have told you that!" while smiling an impish grin.
    Of course the Donald would never reveal top secret info to the Russians. Here's another memory refresher for you. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald...ed_information

Last edited by filghy2; 12-22-2021 at 09:39 AM.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    Of course the Donald would never reveal top secret info to the Russians. Here's another memory refresher for you. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald...ed_information
    This had gone down the memory hole for me. Thanks for this. It showed an appalling lack of discretion, intelligence, judgment, common sense, aptitude, and competence. And no I did not consult a thesaurus for this last sentence though there may be some redundancy there.

Yes Joe is not a public speaker but Donald Trump is the king of having a prefrontal cortex that looks like swiss cheese. In fact Trump's brain leaked the recipe for swiss cheese to the Swiss.

Except that nothing in the article says any such thing. That is pure invention by you. The changes were approved unanimously by a panel of 5 Democrats and 5 Republicans. The only mention of Nancy Pelosi was some Republican complaining that it would help her keep her majority.

You are a pathetic clown, Merry Xmas.
    High blood pressure, Flighty. It gets them all in the end and it will get you too. Those veins standing out on the sides of your forehead are not for keeping flies out of your face.

Once again your reading comprehension skills embarrass you when it came to something as simple as reading a news article carefully. There are also 4 Independents on that commission. Who controls the Independents controls the vote. There's a price for everything in America. No one is actually independent at that level of politics. They may be unaffiliated with a political party but that's just the equivalent of a hooker who operates without a pimp. You think you know what's what over there in your little backwoods country where the stakes are nothing, but we're trying to run the biggest economy in the world here and people want their cut.

Here's some more recent gerrymandering news for you - this time it's the redistricting delegates themselves zoning districts just so they can run in them and likely win. https://www.politico.com/news/2021/1...wmakers-525960. You remind me of Meatwad on Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Flighty - proactively gullible.

Memory quiz: What was the main Republican legislative priority in 2017, and how did that go?
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...lace-obamacare
    2017? SRSLY? That's literally almost half a decade ago. You've missed the bus, Flighty, I'm pro-Obamacare now.

According to this article, gerrymandering has given the Republicans a 16-17 seat advantage in the House Of Reps (out of 435) over the past decade. The worst cases of gerrymandering bias are in Republican- controlled states. Both sides have done it, but not to the same degree.
    https://www.brennancenter.org/our-wo...ring-explained
    So Democrats are inept at gerrymandering but they still do it. This is your contention in support of what argument?

Trump disclosed that information to throw the KGB off the scent of our man inside the Kremlin, who was planting a bug in Putin's sex chair during the meeting. Or hell, maybe he disclosed it because he wanted to act like a big shot. But whatever the reason, he didn't do it because he's senile, he had a reason, valid or not.

If he were senile do you think he would have thought of stealing a huge chunk of Mark Zuckerberg's market share from conservatives who are sick of being censored on Facebook? The man is a goddamn prodigy, I bet he makes billions off of Trump Media & Technology Group - enough to finance Don Jr.'s 2028 run, you can bet on that. You know what, wouldn't surprise me at all to see a Trump/Trump ticket in 2024.

We are number one. All others are number two or lower.

Gold Poster

If he were senile do you think he would have thought of stealing a huge chunk of Mark Zuckerberg's market share from conservatives who are sick of being censored on Facebook? The man is a goddamn prodigy, I bet he makes billions off of Trump Media & Technology Group - enough to finance Don Jr.'s 2028 run, you can bet on that.
    I don't understand this hero worship. You say you want to invest like Warren Buffett who actually is a genius at valuing businesses but then idolize someone who has been very lucky. I thought to myself during his 2020 run that he'd have to be an idiot not to be able to cash in on his populism. His entire campaign message was that insofar as the media disagrees with him they can't be trusted. Even fox news is untrustworthy when they say there's no evidence of election fraud. Of course he should be able to parlay that into money.

He is not the only billionaire in this country but for years he's exaggerated his wealth and railed against people richer than him. You clone Warren Buffett and Donald Trump and put them in families of average means and Warren Buffett's chance of getting rich is probably greater than 90% while Trump's is probably less than 5%.