Page 163 of 223 FirstFirst ... 63113153158159160161162163164165166167168173213 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2227
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Thought for the Day

As the article linked below complains, the attack on the US is not far off being a year old, yet Sedition as a fact has yet to land the anti-American, New Wave Fascists in Court, raising the question -can the US survive the attack as a Union of 50 States?

The Constitution is clear-

"The federal law against seditious conspiracy can be found in Title 18 of the U.S. Code (which includes treason, rebellion, and similar offenses), specifically 18 U.S.C. § 2384. According to the statutory definition of sedition, it is a crime for two or more people within the jurisdiction of the United States:

• To conspire to overthrow or destroy by force the government of the United States or to level war against them;
    • To oppose by force the authority of the United States government; to prevent, hinder, or delay by force the execution of any law of the United States; or
    • To take, seize, or possess by force any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof."
    • https://www.findlaw.com/criminal/cri.../sedition.html

Why wasn't Trump taken in chains from Mar-a-Lago to the Courthouse? At what point are these people going to face the full force of the law?

This man is worried-

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/merrick-ga...011410192.html

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post

Why wasn't Trump taken in chains from Mar-a-Lago to the Courthouse? At what point are these people going to face the full force of the law?

This man is worried-

I skimmed the article but it kind of makes Garland's hesitancy seem at least tied to his view of the role of the President and the President's official discretion. I wonder if he's just scared.

If Garland doesn't really go after the people who incited the capitol riots I will think it's because he doesn't have the courage. People can accuse you of partisanship all they want and in the Trump administration doing one's job was made political. But if we're ever to return to some normalcy the law has to be enforced. I'm not sure that will lead to the best outcome or whether it would bring about political chaos but the Attorney General should have a more narrow focus than that. He's a prosecutor. If crimes have been committed, it's his job to bring charges.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Terribly Mysterious Veteran Poster Nick Danger's Avatar

As the article linked below complains, the attack on the US is not far off being a year old, yet Sedition as a fact has yet to land the anti-American, New Wave Fascists in Court, raising the question -can the US survive the attack as a Union of 50 States?

The Constitution is clear-

"The federal law against seditious conspiracy can be found in Title 18 of the U.S. Code (which includes treason, rebellion, and similar offenses), specifically 18 U.S.C. § 2384. According to the statutory definition of sedition, it is a crime for two or more people within the jurisdiction of the United States:

• To conspire to overthrow or destroy by force the government of the United States or to level war against them;
    • To oppose by force the authority of the United States government; to prevent, hinder, or delay by force the execution of any law of the United States; or
    • To take, seize, or possess by force any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof."
    • https://www.findlaw.com/criminal/cri.../sedition.html

This man is worried-

Garland's too busy playing Gestapo to Biden's Hitler to pursue any meaningful cases. Most of his agents are staking out school board meetings right now to ensure that the Democrats' false racism narrative isn't inconveniently interrupted by teaching anything worth knowing.

I don't think the Capitol rioters should be charged with anything. They undoubtedly assumed that rioting was now legal, since the Democrats had been doing it for months on end with no consequences whatsoever.

You're 100% a hypocrite, Stavros. Where's your "outrage" about the Democrats' MUCH MORE VIOLENT AND COSTLY RIOTING? It was all okay because a white cop killed a black man? What if the Capitol riot (singular) was because a black man killed a white cop, would that have been okay?

Truth is it wasn't much of a riot. Couple heart attacks, an overdose, one police shooting - I guess Republicans just aren't as good at rioting as Democrats.

You know, Stavros, for a guy who doesn't even live in the USA and I doubt has ever even visited here, you certainly have some strong opinions about what we ought to be doing. Drag Trump off in chains? For calling for a PEACEFUL protest? Oh the humanity.

We are number one. All others are number two or lower.

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    I skimmed the article but it kind of makes Garland's hesitancy seem at least tied to his view of the role of the President and the President's official discretion. I wonder if he's just scared.

If Garland doesn't really go after the people who incited the capitol riots I will think it's because he doesn't have the courage. People can accuse you of partisanship all they want and in the Trump administration doing one's job was made political. But if we're ever to return to some normalcy the law has to be enforced. I'm not sure that will lead to the best outcome or whether it would bring about political chaos but the Attorney General should have a more narrow focus than that. He's a prosecutor. If crimes have been committed, it's his job to bring charges.
    Thanks, Broncofan, for your short but intelligent reply. As a lawyer, I think you can confirm that in the US as in the UK, prosecutors are reluctant to take a case to Court if they are not confident of a conviction. To that end, evidence must stack up, and that may be a cause of reasonable delay, so it might just be the language and the tone of the DoJ that is causing frustration. The prima facie evdence that Trump is a crook has often had to deal with the fact that there is a difference between a criminal act and a scam. Trump University was a scam, but was it illegal? So far, Trump has 'gotten away with it' in relation to numerous claims, though he or his officials in his business might have broken the law if they claimed a building was worth more or less than its actual value in order to avoid paying taxes, or whatever the detail is for each of the buildings concerned.

Scotland poses a similar problem. Some years ago I was told by a Scot that Scotland's law requires a precision not found in English law, and the wrangle over the use of the Proceeds of Crime Act of 2002 exposes the rift between those who are keen to force Unexpained Wealth Orders on Donald Trump with regard to his purchases of gold clubs in the country, and those that are more concerned with the precise application of the law. When he was First Minister, Alex Salmond enabled Trump to begin work on the renovaton of a golf cub at Menie north of Aberdeen, but they fell out soon after when Trump objected to the creation of a wind farm off the coast. As Salmond put it

"The former MP was also asked if he regretted courting the business tycoon. Mr Salmond responded: “If I’d have known then what I know now, yes.
    He added: “I remember the Donald Trump of ten years ago. When I first met him, he was a registered Democrat, an opponent of the Iraq War and a donor to the Clinton Foundation.”
    Speaking of Mr Trump’s investment at Balmedia, Mr Salmond said: “What was being promised was billions of dollars in investment and thousands of jobs.
    “You can either say we should not have believed what Donald Trump or the Trump organisation said to the public inquiry, or alternatively you can blame the people who made the commitment and didn’t come through with it.”
    https://www.scotsman.com/news/politi...-trump-2512058

The story of Trump's cash mountain and his promise to spend a billion in Scotland when he was allegedly short of money, plus his grubby behaviou toward the people of Scotland is detailed here and worth a read-
    https://www.motherjones.com/politics...ttish-resorts/

In a debate in the Scottish Parliament, this captures the essence of the problem for Trump-

"To turn to the substance of the debate, I of course agree that Scotland is a law-abiding country that stands against corruption, tax evasion, money-laundering and other financial illegalities. In Martyn McLaughlin’s article in
    The Scotsman yesterday, he wrote that, since Mr Trump incorporated his first company in Scotland 16 years ago, none of his companies has turned a profit, and publicly available accounts show that they have run up losses of £55 million and
    “owe £157 million to US-based limited liability companies and trusts in Mr Trump’s name.”
    Companies House records for Trump’s golf course resorts showed that neither has paid a penny in UK corporation tax. The Avaaz campaigning report on his transactions in Scotland makes for really interesting reading, and I encourage everyone who can to read it. A couple of paragraphs are really important because they show that, when Balmedie and the Turnberry resort were being purchased, there was misconduct in Mr Trump’s inner circle. As a result of the inquiry, Mr Trump’s former campaign manager has pled guilty to money laundering, his former deputy campaign manager has pled guilty to conspiring to defraud the United States, and his personal lawyer has pled guilty to eight criminal counts, including campaign finance violations and tax fraud."
    https://www.theyworkforyou.com/sp/?id=2021-02-03.20.0

Given the criminal convictions of his staff, including those related to the 2016 Election Campaign, how is that the man himself as so far escaped prosecution? We watch, and we wait.

"The Auschwitz Memorial slammed the Fox Nation host Lara Logan after she compared White House chief medical advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci to the infamous Nazi doctor Josef Mengele.

Logan said during a Monday segment of "Fox News Primetime": "This is what people say to me, that he doesn't represent science to them. He represents Joseph Mengele, the Nazi doctor who did experiments on Jews during the Second World War and in the concentration camps. And I am talking about people all across the world are saying this."
    The Auschwitz Memorial's official Twitter account wrote in response: "Exploiting the tragedy of people who became victims of criminal pseudo-medical experiments in Auschwitz in a debate about vaccines, pandemic, and people who fight for saving human lives is shameful."
    "It is disrespectful to victims & a sad symptom of moral and intellectual decline."
    https://uk.news.yahoo.com/auschwitz-...105918443.html

I support this condemnation of Murdoch's miserable mouthpiece, but what more can one expect from the supporters of Sedition, Sleaze and Lies? Not much more.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Thanks, Broncofan, for your short but intelligent reply.
    Where's my thank you, Stavros?

Given the criminal convictions of his staff, including those related to the 2016 Election Campaign, how is that the man himself as so far escaped prosecution? We watch, and we wait.
    Not being American, Stavros, you wouldn't be aware that it is a longstanding tradition in this country to ignore any awkward messes left behind by one's predecessor. Prosecuting ex-Presidents is bad business for everyone, not the least of whom is yourself as the new President, who in this case is every bit as much a criminal as the last one if not moreso - https://nypost.com/2021/11/29/joe-bi...chinese-giant/. And I know that's a conservative link, but then again, the liberal media simply won't report on Hunter Biden's indisputable criminal dealings with China on behalf of "The Big Guy."

You don't run down the last President, it makes the entire country look bad. You don't waste time prosecuting the last guy's advisors either. Don't you have better things to do Mr. President?

Trump followed the tradition, you didn't see him flinging dirt at Obama did you? Did you think there wasn't any to fling? Don't be obtuse, being President of the USA means you WILL do some shady shit, and you WILL have meetings with senior advisors about plausible deniability. You didn't see Obama flinging dirt at George W. Bush, or GWB flinging dirt at Bill Clinton, or Bill Clinton flinging dirt at Bush Sr. Hell, even Nixon got a pardon. You don't fling that dirt unless you are the absolute worst President this country has ever had, which is exactly what Joe Biden is.

The only thing I can figure is that Biden is fairly confident that he'll be dead before the end of his Presidency (I know I'm pretty confident about that - brain-dead in any case). Because if he's not, the next administration - which might very well BE Trump - will absolutely CRUCIFY him for what he's trying to do. The endgame here is actually going to be Biden's ass on the line, and the man barely even has an ass.

"The Auschwitz Memorial slammed the Fox Nation host Lara Logan after she compared White House chief medical advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci to the infamous Nazi doctor Josef Mengele.

Logan said during a Monday segment of "Fox News Primetime": "This is what people say to me, that he doesn't represent science to them. He represents Joseph Mengele, the Nazi doctor who did experiments on Jews during the Second World War and in the concentration camps. And I am talking about people all across the world are saying this."
    The Auschwitz Memorial's official Twitter account wrote in response: "Exploiting the tragedy of people who became victims of criminal pseudo-medical experiments in Auschwitz in a debate about vaccines, pandemic, and people who fight for saving human lives is shameful."
    "It is disrespectful to victims & a sad symptom of moral and intellectual decline."

I support this condemnation of Murdoch's miserable mouthpiece, but what more can one expect from the supporters of Sedition, Sleaze and Lies? Not much more.
    Let's look at Fauci's track record as this country's "Covid Czar." First of all, he financed the gain-of-function research that created the virus in the first place, then lied to Congress about it. Secondly, 780,000 Americans have died of Covid despite all the lockdowns and ineffective vaccines and mask-wearing that Fauci has forced the decent citizens of this country through for nearly two years now. Is that a good number? A bad number? People say it's a bad number. So that means Fauci sucks at his job. Not to mention that he's a smug asshole millions of Americans would love to punch in the face.

Considering that Fauci is essentially responsible for the entire pandemic, I don't think the Mengele comparison is too far out of line. He wanted to make the bat coronavirus contagious to humans - https://nypost.com/2021/10/21/nih-ad...eated-denials/. God knows what his insidious reasons were, but he succeeded. Maybe he's not so incompetent as he portrays. In any case he's got quite a lot to answer for whenever we get a real government again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cornholio.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	1355301

Senior Member Gold Poster KnightHawk 2.0's Avatar

Conspiracy Crackpot and Fox Propaganda Nation host Lara Logan deserved to get slammed by the Auschwitz Memorial for the idiotic and dangerous comment she made,And i also support the condemnation of Murdoch's despicable mouthpiece. Not much more because supporters of sedition,sleaze and lies are going to continue to believe the misinformation coming from the Fox Propaganda Nation.

Senior Member Professional Poster peejaye's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
    The only thing I can figure is that Biden is fairly confident that he'll be dead before the end of his Presidency (I know I'm pretty confident about that - brain-dead in any case). Because if he's not, the next administration - which might very well BE Trump - will absolutely CRUCIFY him for what he's trying to do. The endgame here is actually going to be Biden's ass on the line, and the man barely even has an ass.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cornholio.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	1355301
    Hey, WTFk have people done electing this fella? I watched something last weekend where Biden said he was looking forward to celebrating his upcoming 58th birthday? He's almost 80 isn't he? Is he an alcoholic? I can't understand anything he says? He doesn't seem to finish a sentence? Everytime he appears on our TV here, everyone laughs ? Is it true Trump got 8 million more votes than the last election he won? WTFk?
    Keep up the good work Nick, I look on here sometimes just to see if you're on.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Dating trans girls doesn't make you gay.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by peejaye View Post
    Is it true Trump got 8 million more votes than the last election he won? WTFk?
    Trump lost the popular vote by more than 7 million votes. Biden got millions more votes than Hillary because there was much more turnout in this election. I see the red brown alliance is alive and well.

This guy peejaye thinks moderate democrats are right wing. What do you think Nick's politics are?

Quote Originally Posted by peejaye View Post
    Hey, WTFk have people done electing this fella? I watched something last weekend where Biden said he was looking forward tPeo celebrating his upcoming 58th birthday? He's almost 80 isn't he? Is he an alcoholic? I can't understand anything he says? He doesn't seem to finish a sentence? Everytime he appears on our TV here, everyone laughs ? Is it true Trump got 8 million more votes than the last election he won? WTFk?
    Thanks Peejaye. I enjoy coming here and bantering with this little group of containment-board liberals. They are very much UNaware that there actually is a silent majority of people who understand the value of fiscally conservative government.

His age is one of the few things Biden doesn't lie about. He can't lie about it, he's been a Washington bureaucrat for almost 50 years now, his birthday is definitely a matter of public record. He's currently 79 years old, one year older than my father - a man who has had 4 at-fault auto accidents this year (the most recent of which was a roll-over accident with no other vehicles involved) and still won't give up his driver's license.

So yeah, we've got a senile old man for a President now. But that's okay, the most important thing is that we give all our nation's money for the next 30 years to the lazy low-lifes threatening our statues.