Page 160 of 224 FirstFirst ... 60110150155156157158159160161162163164165170210 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2231
    Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Default Re: Thought for the Day

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    You flatter me, Sukumvit Boy. This I find more depressing given that education cynics here complain students leave school knowing only the fate of Henry VIII and his six wives, and the Nazis...
    They're such snobs.
    Everyone knows the Romans beat the Nazis at the battle of Hadrians Wall in 1066!

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Terribly Mysterious Veteran Poster Nick Danger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sukumvit boy View Post
    I find it sad that some posters find it so difficult to be kind and generous instead of always just be looking for an argument .
    Really? Does that sadden you? I doubt it. What saddens me is Stavros' non-stop cookie-cutter liberal rhetoric. I get over it by verbally smashing him in the mouth now and then. Doesn't matter, he's literally terrified to reply to me, like a little girl. Also, he claims he doesn't read my posts, so I should theoretically be able to say anything to him and it shouldn't bother him. Or you.

We are number one. All others are number two or lower.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
    Really? Does that sadden you? I doubt it. What saddens me is Stavros' non-stop cookie-cutter liberal rhetoric. I get over it by verbally smashing him in the mouth now and then. Doesn't matter, he's literally terrified to reply to me, like a little girl. Also, he claims he doesn't read my posts, so I should theoretically be able to say anything to him and it shouldn't bother him. Or you.
    I heard anti-vaxers who had to get the vaccine were trying all sorts of weird remedies to undo any dangerous (read imaginary) side effects from it.

I read if you shower daily, brush your teeth morning and night, and wear deodorant you can avoid most of these severe side effects. Just a rec;

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    I heard anti-vaxers who had to get the vaccine were trying all sorts of weird remedies to undo any dangerous (read imaginary) side effects from it.

I read if you shower daily, brush your teeth morning and night, and wear deodorant you can avoid most of these severe side effects. Just a rec;
    It will please you to learn that I continue to be immune to this virus, Bronco, no matter how far it mutates from its original path of destruction. I truly have the immune system of a god; but I am a benevolent deity so I am now a volunteer at my local hospital, emptying bedpans and generally cleaning up after the handful of Covid patients there for a few hours a week. That will end Dec. 5 when their vaccine mandate goes into effect, but for now, I am using my natural immunity in a positive way, brushing and flossing frequently if not twice daily, showering for effect, and investing $20-30 annually in some of the finest deodorants available on Amazon.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
    I offer anyone who is interested to read them, threads and posts which are not about me but the issues I think are important and interesting, and there is no obligation on anyone to reply to them. I have never blocked anyone's posts and yes, I do read them all because I believe in free speech and open debate. It doesn't mean I am obliged to reply to posts, and other than this one, I stopped replying to your posts because there was no point when you rejected the truth about the massacre at Sandy Hook to posture on your own verifiable rubbish heap of lies. If you cannot accept the facts in such an appalling act of violence, what is the point of engaging you in debate?

So yes, say whatever you like, but I would prefer it if you did not make it personal, as I am not the news -and neither are you.

PS, I am not a Liberal, but as an American I doubt you would understand the distinctions in political labels that we make in the UK.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I offer anyone who is interested to read them, threads and posts which are not about me but the issues I think are important and interesting, and there is no obligation on anyone to reply to them. I have never blocked anyone's posts and yes, I do read them all because I believe in free speech and open debate. It doesn't mean I am obliged to reply to posts, and other than this one, I stopped replying to your posts because there was no point when you rejected the truth about the massacre at Sandy Hook to posture on your own verifiable rubbish heap of lies. If you cannot accept the facts in such an appalling act of violence, what is the point of engaging you in debate?

So yes, say whatever you like, but I would prefer it if you did not make it personal, as I am not the news -and neither are you.

PS, I am not a Liberal, but as an American I doubt you would understand the distinctions in political labels that we make in the UK.
    You lost the Sandy Hook debate, Stavros, and you're a bad loser so YOU decided to make it personal. But that's okay, Stavros, I accept your apology.

I feel we can start our relationship anew on firmer footing, now that you have seen the utter economic ruin being delivered by the current liberal administration. Thankfully, they got their infrastructure bill passed, so that pretty much means the social spending bill, which would have left this country reeling for decades to come as we struggled to meet the needs of the lazy portion of the population, is dead in the water.

We can move on now. Biden and his team of sucker-punchers have done most of the damage they can do, short of continuing to push citizens in an even more anti-government direction with their incessant Covid politics. The mid-terms are a Republican lock, and no one is going to hand Biden 4 more years in 2024 - he's the boy who cried wolf. It's over. So now, we don't have to be at each other's throats anymore, Stavros, the Democrats have taken less than a year to go full Barney Fife, and I feel certain you're ready to acknowledge that.

Frankly it's a better scenario than I could have imagined short of a Trump win. We get the infrastructure bill, which the Republicans would never have created, then three full years of watching an instantly lame duck Democratic administration flounder around aimlessly. It's going to be Carter-tier comedy gold.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fife-gun.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	1352536

An American woman convicted of Manslaughter in the First Degree because she had a miscarriage -and the claim her drug abuse caused the death opens so many questions without a coherent answer, as these two links suggest, and not just in the US but also in Central America. If drugs are the cause of death, why not tobacco smoke inhaled from someone in the street? And to give a foetus the same rights as a citizen is an absurdity -shoud the foetus have legal counsel in a court case? As to the difference between a person and a human, well an experienced psychologist once confessed 'we don't know how to define a person'...

Depressing reading, but important-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59214544

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ushers-go-free

How does one defend oneself from potential harm in Kenosha, Wisconsin, on a night of protest?

A) Drive 20 miles into the city, armed with a battlefield weapon the law says you cannot own, and shoot as many unarmed people as you can,

or

B) Stay at home.

How does one defend oneself from potential harm in Kenosha, Wisconsin, on a night of protest?

A) Drive 20 miles into the city, armed with a battlefield weapon the law says you cannot own, and shoot as many unarmed people as you can,

or

B) Stay at home.
    He never said he was trying to defend himself from harm, he said he was going to protect businesses, which, goddamn shame when a citizen has to take up arms and do what the police won't, but he did. Got off scot-free too and most of sane America is quite happy about that tonight. Does that bother you, Stavros? Even after seeing clearly on surprisingly high-quality video that he was being attacked by 3 people and was obviously defending himself from grave bodily harm? What's wrong with you, are you genuinely delusional or have you trapped yourself into this absurd line of reasoning with your constant echoing of far left media rhetoric?

Gold Poster

I saw the video. He was being attacked by three people. When he shot Rosenbaum, he was being chased by a guy who was looking to harm him. Then he got chased down the street by dozens of people. He shot Huber when Huber attacked him and he shot Grosskreutz who had a gun drawn and who then decided to charge at him after initially surrendering.

I DO think walking around with an AR-15 creates a danger for people, particularly in an already charged situation. I also don't buy that there is any call for him, a shmuck, to protect other peoples' businesses for which he would not have a privilege to use deadly force.

Now about the calibration of force. He was being attacked and I guess when you have a gun drawn the inference is that if you're overtaken your assailant will shoot you. I would not have been where he is doing what he was doing but I have to admit I am not sure he'd have gotten out of there alive without shooting those three. It doesn't please me to say it because I don't think he had any cause to patrol a protest with a weapon like that for reasons that had nothing to do with him.