Page 154 of 224 FirstFirst ... 54104144149150151152153154155156157158159164204 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2233

Default Re: Thought for the Day

Yes ! Thanks Stavros that's the information about how the Chinese Communist Party has brutally suppressed the Falun Gong that really completes my post but I was unable to post due to the problem I've been having posting links.
    However the information about the Boxer Rebellion is new to me and very interesting.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Very good article entitled "The Big Money Behind The Big Lie" from the Aug. 9 ,2021 issue of The New Yorker magazine about how Trump's attacks on democracy and the election are being promoted and financed by wealthy conservative groups and individuals. Including all the goddam election audits .
    It's a wonder those ballots aren't falling apart some have been examined and hand counted so many times !

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by sukumvit boy View Post
    It's a wonder those ballots aren't falling apart some have been examined and hand counted so many times !
    Those Bamboo Ballots Made in China just don't last.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

6,200 Corona virus deaths in NYS Nursing homes, most Democrats don't say a word.

Governor Cuomo gets accused of sexually harassing 11 women, they all abandon him and say he must resign, which he did today.

Look I'm no fan of Cuomo or sexual harassment. But of those two issues, you would think he would have resigned for the former and not the latter.

Senior Member Gold Poster KnightHawk 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Those Bamboo Ballots Made in China just don't last.
    Nope they sure don't.

Senior Member Gold Poster KnightHawk 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sukumvit boy View Post
    Very good article entitled "The Big Money Behind The Big Lie" from the Aug. 9 ,2021 issue of The New Yorker magazine about how Trump's attacks on democracy and the election are being promoted and financed by wealthy conservative groups and individuals. Including all the goddam election audits .
    Completely Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by blackchubby38 View Post
    6,200 Corona virus deaths in NYS Nursing homes, most Democrats don't say a word.

Governor Cuomo gets accused of sexually harassing 11 women, they all abandon him and say he must resign, which he did today.

Look I'm no fan of Cuomo or sexual harassment. But of those two issues, you would think he would have resigned for the former and not the latter.

Your short but potent post hits by now what is a rusty nail on the head, and nobody wants to carry the coffin, it stinks.

In the UK we have had a similar issue with the allegation that ex-Secretary of State for Health, Matt Hancock, made a promise he could not deliver when, in March 2020 he said 100,000 people a day would be tested when neither the UK nor the indivdual health authorities in England, Scotland or Wales had the ability to test 100,000 a day, it was barely 10,000 by April. Thus

"The UK health secretary has admitted that some hospital patients with Covid-19 were discharged into England’s care homes last year because of a lack of testing capacity, as he faced claims that he lied over the policy. Matt Hancock is under pressure after Dominic Cummings, Boris Johnson’s former chief adviser, claimed the health secretary had promised colleagues that patients being sent into care homes would be tested. Some 30,000 care home residents are thought to have died from the virus. Under repeated questioning at a Downing Street press conference on Thursday about whether he told the truth about care home testing, Hancock said: “My recollection of events is I committed to delivering that testing when we could do it. I then went away and built the testing capacity.” Hancock set a target of offering 100,000 tests a day by the end of April 2020, but in the meantime Covid-19 was sown disastrously in care homes. He previously insisted he had thrown a “protective ring” around the sector. Cummings said on Wednesday, during seven hours of evidence to MPs: “We were told categorically in March that people would be tested before they went back to care homes. We only subsequently found out that that hadn’t happened."
    https://www.ft.com/content/b77b39c8-...0-5ea1889ee45b

Here's the nail -when it happened, Hancock resigned/was sacked because married man was found on CCTV snogging his girlfriend. 30,000 dead people were not the point of reference.

The woman in question was given a £15,000 a year job as a 'non-executive director' in his own department, to be compared to an entry level nurse in the NHS on £4.85 an hour or barely £10,000 a year.

You can read more about the Ministers and the gravy train for their mates in the link below, but is it any surprise if people become cynical about elected politicians who seem more interested in themselves and the perks of office, than the job they are supposed to do, and the people they are elected to serve?

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dar...in-government/

filghy2 Silver Poster

There's a simple explanation. If a politician is forced to resign for a policy failing it reflects badly on the governing party. If a politician is forced to resign for a personal failing it reflects only on them.

Let's not forget that in the Republican Party nobody is forced to resign for anything other than opposing Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    There's a simple explanation. If a politician is forced to resign for a policy failing it reflects badly on the governing party. If a politician is forced to resign for a personal failing it reflects only on them.

Let's not forget that in the Republican Party nobody is forced to resign for anything other than opposing Trump.
    Concentrated wisdom!