Page 151 of 224 FirstFirst ... 51101141146147148149150151152153154155156161201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2231
    Gold Poster

Default Re: Thought for the Day

In Nashville a hat shop is selling Stars of David that say not vaccinated. I'm at a loss for words and am not going to say what the difference is between the treatment of people forced to wear that symbol and those who aren't vaccinated. If you don't know there's something wrong with you. Just really reprehensible stuff but it's not worse than we've seen with a confederate flag in our Capitol on January 6th or the other ugliness we've seen. It just shocks you every time.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

“In NO WAY did I intend to trivialize the Star of David or disrespect what happened to millions of people,” the store, hatWRKS, wrote in an Instagram post. “I sincerely apologize for any insensitivity.”

yeah right. Or you didn’t care until it hit your sales. The mind boggles at the ignorance or the indifference. And this will not end, this week, next week another offensive and inane stunt will occupy the 24 hour news cycle.

Then you have Flynn saying the US needs what Myanmar has got....

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    “In NO WAY did I intend to trivialize the Star of David or disrespect what happened to millions of people,” the store, hatWRKS, wrote in an Instagram post. “I sincerely apologize for any insensitivity.”

yeah right. Or you didn’t care until it hit your sales. The mind boggles at the ignorance or the indifference. And this will not end, this week, next week another offensive and inane stunt will occupy the 24 hour news cycle.

Then you have Flynn saying the US needs what Myanmar has got....
    Flynn is more than an embarrassment, he's a genuinely dangerous person at this point. Some of the people in this cabal have pushed the envelope and come really close to psychosis. Lin Wood, Rudy Giuliani, Flynn. These are people who are dangerously unhinged.

As for the Star of David it is disrespect but I also see it as more of the ignorance and self-pity we've seen from anti-vaxxers. People on the right have no sympathy for those like Eric Garner, one of many Black people killed by police, but immediately see themselves as the ultimate victims. Why? They have chosen not to inoculate themselves against a disease that killed 600,000 people in this country. They haven't been blindsided by this, they've chosen to delude themselves.

People are still dying from a disease that everyone in this country is privileged to be able to vaccinate themselves against. They've chosen to turn down a privilege that people all over the world would make enormous sacrifices for. I recal back in January when I was worried about my parents getting exposed to the disease about the kinds of sacrifices I'd make for their safety. It boggles the mind people can turn down vaccines that have gone through a year of clinical trials and then see themselves as any kind of victim at all. Amazing to me that they could put on a star like that and not realize how callous and stupid they seem.

Gold Poster

The concept of Chosen-ness in Judaism is misunderstood, even notably by some Jews, to be a supremacist doctrine and not a statement of the burdens imposed on those who practice Judaism. That's why I hesitate to say without that caveat, anti-vaxxers are not Chosen, they chose.

And they have more to fear from the disease they haven't protected themselves against than the social stigma of advertising their ignorance.

The people described in this article on Idaho are referred to as ‘Conservatives’, but surely the time has now come to describe them as the Fascists that they are. Three percenters do not believe in Democracy and their fidelity to the Constitution is doubtful, their contempt for Congress absolute. And not just Idaho, but other States too. Unless, and until these groups of people either allied to Trump through the GOP or outside columns of support are identified as what they are, with the racist, the anti- democratic and anti-liberal, and yes, anti-Conservative project they are engaged in, I see no way of stopping them extending their influence to breaking point, ie, gunfire.

Does anyone have the courage to take them on for what they are?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-mask-mandates

Senior Member Veteran Poster

So what was the point of banning him then?

What Happened When Trump Was Banned on Social Media

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...media-ban.html

Quote Originally Posted by blackchubby38 View Post
    So what was the point of banning him then?

What Happened When Trump Was Banned on Social Media
    Is there an irony that by banning him, the media has limited Trump's opportunity to make statements liable to become incriminating evidence in a Court of Law? Had he been free to range free, who knows what he might say? There are the historic claims about his tax returns and the valuation of his property and business dealings, and normally I would assume his lawyers have told him to keep his mouth shut though that is a big ask. That all he seems interested is banging on about the 'steal' and without the ban would even his supporters not begin to tire of it, day after day?

What I want to know is how 'people in Italy' -what people, where?- managed to use military satellites to instruct voting machines in specific counties in the US to switch votes fror Trump to Biden. If it was serious enough for Mark Meadows to break protocol and write 5 emails to the DoJ seeking an investigation, maybe the man in wrinkled trousers should clarify this claim...?

Gold Poster

Is there an irony that by banning him, the media has limited Trump's opportunity to make statements liable to become incriminating evidence in a Court of Law?
    I couldn't read the article because I've reached my limit of free articles but this is a good point. And not just incriminating statements respecting crimes but liability for defamation which he no longer is protected against.

Since I don't know what the NY Times article says I can't really evaluate it but at the time twitter made its decision they can't know all of the effects. These things are easier to see in hindsight. He had just stoked an insurrection and was continuing to do so when they banned the idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    I couldn't read the article because I've reached my limit of free articles but this is a good point. And not just incriminating statements respecting crimes but liability for defamation which he no longer is protected against.

Since I don't know what the NY Times article says I can't really evaluate it but at the time twitter made its decision they can't know all of the effects. These things are easier to see in hindsight. He had just stoked an insurrection and was continuing to do so when they banned the idiot.

Point 1- it may be tedious, but if you register with the NYT you can many of their articles and reports but you have to go to your email first and click a verification button.

Point 2- my argument is derived from the hole Sidney Powell has dug for herself in the legal conflict with Dominion, thus-

"In a March 22 motion to dismiss in the Dominion suit, Powell’s attorneys argued that “no reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact” and that they are simply “her opinions and legal theories on a matter of utmost public concern.” (In the United States, statements of opinion are protected from defamation claims if they cannot be “proven as fact” or if they use “loose, figurative, or hyperbolic language which would negate the impression that the writer was seriously maintaining” a position as fact.)

But a half-hour into the panel at the Dallas Patriot Roundup late last month, Powell appeared to veer away from the defense her attorneys had set out, according to multiple videos reviewed by The Daily Beast.
    “I don’t think they realized that some of us litigators were going to catch on and hold their feet to the fire and expose what really happened or that they could shut us up by, say, suing me for 4.3 billion dollars in three different states,” Powell said at the panel discussion. “Threatening me is like waving a red flag in a bull’s face.”
    Dominion’s suit against her should be dismissed, Powell continued, because “number one, they don't have jurisdiction over us and number two, we meant what we said and we have the evidence to back it up.”
    https://uk.news.yahoo.com/sidney-pow...ux3YmTWei-bkSn

Gold Poster

Point 1- it may be tedious, but if you register with the NYT you can many of their articles and reports but you have to go to your email first and click a verification button.
    I was reluctant to sign up but I did end up registering with them maybe six months ago and frequently read their articles. I've now apparently read so many of them that they want me to pay a dollar a week to continue reading. It's not expensive but there are just so many newspapers I read just as often that I'm not going to.