Page 49 of 223 FirstFirst ... 3944454647484950515253545999149 ... LastLast

Default Re: Thought for the Day

Dateline East Asia : Citizens of Japan and South Korea cringe as rude , bloated , sociopathic American leader arrives to pledge his support against rude , bloated , sociopathic North Korean leader.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by sukumvit boy; 11-07-2017 at 03:22 PM.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sukumvit boy View Post
    Dateline East Asia : Citizens of Japan and South Korea cringe as rude , bloated , sociopathic American leader arrives to pledge his support against rude , bloated , sociopathic North Korean leader.
    Some cunt should kidnap the pair of them and get them to slug it out, naked, in a big vat of tapioca.
    Then flush the pair of them.
    And that's my thought for the day!

5 out of 5 members liked this post.
    I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by sukumvit boy View Post
    And no sushi, no sashimi, no fish food no Udon. Just burgers and fries. Make America Fat Again.

Senior Member Silver Poster

Congrats to my fellow Virginians who swept the election tonight, we even elected a transgendered politician to the House of Delegates!!! This has been a terrible year for me, and this country, I hope tonight is a turn-around.
    My thought for today is that as long as the 5% of humans alive who call themselves Americans own 25% of the world's wealth...........you will never hear a politician talk without forked tongue. Money is the root of all evil, but it's also the root of all good. And like Casey Stengel said "I been rich and I been poor, and I liked being rich better"
    Sorry, Bernie.
    Anyway, I'll be back next year for hopefully a landslide mid-term election. Unless the Republicans just got scared straight and start accomplishing things. Ciao.

World Class Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    Anyway, I'll be back next year for hopefully a landslide mid-term election. Unless the Republicans just got scared straight and start accomplishing things. Ciao.
    One dreads to think what the Republicans think an accomplishment might be...welcome back, dude!

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

WELCOME BACK BUTTSLINGER. Long time, no see.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    That would be things like big tax cuts for the very rich and causing millions to lose health insurance - sure to be big vote-winners. And there's one guy who won't be scared straight no matter what:
    "Donald J. Trump ✔@realDonaldTrump
    Ed Gillespie worked hard but did not embrace me or what I stand for. Don’t forget, Republicans won 4 out of 4 House seats, and with the economy doing record numbers, we will continue to win, even bigger than before!
    12:40 PM - Nov 8, 2017"

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Child Marriage in the USA continues to perplex me, not least the bizarre situation in Alabama where a man called Luther Strange was beaten to the Republican Party nomination for the Senate by Roy Moore, an elderly man who rides around town on a horse while wearing a cowboy hat and kneels before the Ten Commandments engraved in stone...ironically, although in Alabama a 14 year old girl legally married a 74-year old man, child marriage in the state is actually in decline, and one hopes, a decline welcomed by Roy. I don't know if the allegations about him and teenage girls is true, but again you have to wonder at people who defend their bud with this nonsense:
    A senior Alabama politician, Ziegler argues the Bible makes it clear there is no offence when it comes to such an age discrepancy, or the youth of one of the participants.

“Take the Bible — Zachariah and Elizabeth, for instance. Zachariah was extremely old to marry Elizabeth and they became the parents of John the Baptist,” Ziegler told the Washington Examiner.
    “Also take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus ...
    “There’s just nothing immoral or illegal here,” Ziegler asserted. “Maybe just a little bit unusual.”
    http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/rea...56d7114ccbbcf6

-Hmmm... Mr Ziegler, a little but unusual...
    http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...ill_legal.html

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/fed.../558/case.html

A post on another thread reminded me that only 15 years ago it was permissible for states to lock up adults having consensual same-sex relations in the privacy of their homes. Here the Supreme Court held that it violated due process, with three dissenting opinions, by Scalia, joined by Rehnquist, and Thomas.

Just a reminder, all three dissenters were considered the most conservative justices on the court appointed by Republican Presidents. So while I am not saying every Republican is homophobic, it is simply false to claim that Republicans were merely against the rights of same sex couples to marry. The discrimination has been uglier than that and the history of it is very recent.

Last edited by broncofan; 01-08-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    https://supreme.justia.com/cases/fed.../558/case.html

A post on another thread reminded me that only 15 years ago it was permissible for states to lock up adults having consensual same-sex relations in the privacy of their homes. Here the Supreme Court held that it violated due process, with three dissenting opinions, by Scalia, joined by Rehnquist, and Thomas.

Just a reminder, all three dissenters were considered the most conservative justices on the court appointed by Republican Presidents. I haven't checked who wrote the amicus briefs arguing against the right of adults to have consensual same sex encounters but I imagine there were many Republican-affiliated organizations arguing to allow midnight raids of the homes of gay men. So while I am not saying every Republican is homophobic, it is simply false to claim that Republicans were merely against the rights of same sex couples to marry. The discrimination has been uglier than that and the history of it is very recent.
    For those not interested in the entire case (I don't blame you), here are summaries. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_v._Texas ; https://www.oyez.org/cases/2002/02-102