Page 20 of 222 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070120 ... LastLast
    Gold Poster

Default Re: Thought for the Day

There have been a recent spate of hate crimes in this country, including a recent murder of an Indian man because their attacker thought he looked Middle Eastern (he wounded a second man. In addition, there have been 90 bomb threats to Jewish community centers and 2 very large Jewish cemeteries vandalized in a way that would take extraordinary time and effort, including sledge hammers etc.

There are now reports that Trump has said that he believes the threats on the Jewish community centers may have been made by the Jewish community or are in some way false flags by Democrats. This is the height of narcissism. A man thinks that it's more likely that people are going out of their way to attack a community and subject themselves to prosecution not because it will terrorize this community but because it will make him look bad. Of course, this is what you see from his supporters in droves online; pictures of Jewish caricatures tipping over graves with the caption "whatcha doing Rabbi?".

We've never had a conspiracy theorist in the white house; someone who thinks Obama is whipping up opposition to him, that Soros is paying protesters, that Democrats and/or Jews are desecrating graves. He did not and will not mention the shooting of the Indian men, but I only hope the Justice Department is looking into organized activities of neo-nazis as they seem to have proliferated. The man is plainly mad.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by broncofan; 03-01-2017 at 01:36 AM.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

No worries Bronco. Last evening Donald read from the teleprompter and never strayed too far from the script. Everything's going to be okay now.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

What would happen if the 'enemy of the people' stopped reporting what Trump says? How long would it take for him to beg them to show him some attention -even love? And what would he do to merit such attention?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    What would happen if the 'enemy of the people' stopped reporting what Trump says? How long would it take for him to beg them to show him some attention -even love? And what would he do to merit such attention?

Resign?

Avatar is not representative of the available product - contents may differ

Gold Poster

Trump is tweeting that Obama wiretapped his phones prior to the election. Assuming that the FBI or NSA applied for a warrant with the FISA court, the standard to obtain a warrant is that there must be probable cause to believe someone is an agent of a foreign power. It is questionable whether all of the FISA court's rulings are constitutional. Parties who have attempted to challenge find they do not have standing to challenge because they cannot prove as a pre-requisite that they were harmed by the activity they are challenging. This is of course, because the FISA court operates in secrecy. The court indicated that someone would only be able to challenge surveillance if the findings were proffered against them in a subsequent trial.

I am not sure if what Trump is saying is true as he is rambling. He spelled the word tap "tapp". Unfortunately, if true, it also means that tapping his phones did not yield a smoking gun.

Last edited by broncofan; 03-04-2017 at 09:34 PM.

Gold Poster

Anyway, I'm sure more will be written about this. Obama denying he spied on any citizen, but of course he is really just explaining to Trump how our government works. It would be an intelligence agency or law enforcement agency acting based on their own mandate who would apply for the warrant.

I want to also add, in fairness, that if a FISA warrant was issued, it is not incriminating in itself. I am not sure what the numbers are but they are almost summarily issued and as I said not easy to challenge or subject to oversight.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

My thought for the day is section 4 of the 25th amendment which allows the removal of a president who can no longer discharge his duties but is unwilling or unable to say so .
    This was considered in 1987 when Regan's mental capacity was called into question .
    Does Trump's not being able to make it through an entire day without stepping on his dick count ?
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...of_office.html

filghy2 Silver Poster

As the Slate article notes, there's nothing about Trump's behaviour since taking office that should have come as a surprise given his previous behaviour. Unfortunately, too many people engaged in wishful thinking and continue to do so - witness the reaction to him making one speech without ranting.

The Republicans will be afraid to do anything because they know their supporter base would turn on them, just as they did to Paul Ryan when he stopped campaigning for Trump. It's like hitching a ride on the back of a tiger - once you're on there's no safe way to get off.

Maybe....Got to get shemales pregnant!That would be so freaky, I suppose that's out there... hmm?Maybe the next step, or one of them.

Maybe , through stems cells , placenta? Maybe wear the belly button is and underneath, on top of muscle but below the skin , hook up into blood vessels . Or maybe a synthetic placenta. Then even guys will/might get preggars. Oh , I would hate carrying all that weight for nine month's, no drugs, clean food ....I don't know .