Page 201 of 223 FirstFirst ... 101151191196197198199200201202203204205206211 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2228
    Senior Member Gold Poster KnightHawk 2.0's Avatar

Default Re: Thought for the Day

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    "...folded like a lawn chair..." ! Love it. Gonna pinch it.
    Same here.

Here's what in the MAGA Party's so-called Limit,Save and Grow Act: 1. Rescinding 87,0000 IRS Agents,2. Reallocating unspent COVID 19 relief money,3. Eliminating Biden's Student Loan Forgiveness Program,4. Ending tax credits for companies that invest in green energy,5.Raising the age limit to 56 from 50 on work requirements to receive food stamps from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP. And 6. Blocking Biden Administration from limiting consumer access to gas stoves or ovens. The demands in MAGA Party's debt limit bill is asinine,batshit crazy,outlandish and terrible. And shows that they only care about millionaires,billionaires and corporations,and don't give a damn about the american people and also shows their disdain for President Joe Biden and unwillingness to work with him to avoid the United States from defaulting.And the US defau?,they're going to be responsible.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

I'm not a religious person. I also don't normally speak ill of a famous/infamous person who just has died. But in the case of Carolyn Bryant Donham, I'm willing to make an exception.

If there is a hell, I hope she rots there for eternity.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by blackchubby38 View Post
    I'm not a religious person. I also don't normally speak ill of a famous/infamous person who just has died. But in the case of Carolyn Bryant Donham, I'm willing to make an exception.

One of those moment in history that will not be forgotten, and may be part of the view that the 1950s was the decade when such acts, along with the momentum MLK gave the Civil Rights movement, led to the legally pivotal 1960s. The tragedy has been the attempt to reverse those gains.

As for religion, Pope Abbott is at it again. Note his fetish for the 10 Commandments rather than the Lord's Prayer, the Old over the New Testament. One is rife with incest and violence, the other with a bit too much compassion and forgiveness for a man who seems dedicated to inflicting as much cruelty as he can on American citizens, particularly pregnant women. I don't suppose it will succeed, but what if it does?

"In a disturbing yet not exactly surprising move, Republicans in the Texas statehouse have taken the first steps toward passing three bills that inject religion into public schools. One requires public schools to display “in a conspicuous place” the Ten Commandments in every classroom. Another measure will allow schools to require prayer and Bible reading time each school day for students and employees who give their consent to participate.A third bill would ensure school employees the right to “engage in religious speech or prayer while on duty.”"
    Opinion: Texas Lawmakers Want Religious Indoctrination In Schools — May God Help Us All | HuffPost Opinion

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by blackchubby38 View Post

It's another reminder that people can do the most appalling things if their social environment permits or even rewards it. People take too much for granted the social fabric that keeps us civilised.

Last week the Right Wing Sympathizers at the News Network formerly known as CNN gave the MAGA King Donald Trump airtime at a sham of a townhall. Trump News Network is a good fitting name for them.

More a question than a thought: if an Asexual person masturbates, do they need some form of stimulus to help them climax?

What is the law on human trafficking in the US? Epstein was convicted of it, a celebrated member of HA some years ago was accused of it, yet if De Santis does it, he isn't arrested -why not? Because it seems to me this is human trafficking, and I assume it is still illegal in the US, regardless of the origins of the humans being trafficked.

California officials: Florida picked up asylum-seekers on Texas border and flew them to Sacramento | AP News

Mike-Chicken Shit-Pence talking out both sides of his mouth,shows that he's a coward and a right wing loving bitch.

Junior Poster

Hard to tell who has less charisma, Pence or DeSantis?