Page 200 of 223 FirstFirst ... 100150190195196197198199200201202203204205210 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2227
    filghy2 Silver Poster

Default Re: Thought for the Day

You know the Fanti rule: if somebody mentions a problem with guns, change the subject.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

You know, there is something fitting about both of them being fired on the same day.

As Carlson and Lemon Exit, a Chapter Closes on Cable’s Trump War

/www.nytimes.com/2023/04/25/technology/tucker-carlson-don-lemon.html

Senior Member Platinum Poster

I was going to ask who Dan Lemon is, as I don't know. I think I read he made insulting remarks about Nikki Haley. Again: is it important? These people come and go, like some of the BBC journalists who have been and gone. And are soon forgotten.

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    Nothing in that post suggests as much. I don't know why you insist on repeating yourself. You've said previously that you're Black and don't have the same views that some people assume Black people have. But where did I suggest Black people are monolithic?
    Read my post carefully...
    Did I say YOU suggested that? Nope...

I keep repeating myself because whenever the term "Black People" is uses to make a statement, we've already been categorically made monolithic.....And yes, we also do this to ourselves (me as well)......

Relax dude.....

Last edited by MrFanti; 04-26-2023 at 02:34 AM.
    "I am, a SIGMA Male...

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    I keep repeating myself because whenever the term "Black People" is uses to make a statement, we've already been categorically made monolithic
    You see a story saying black people are particularly affected by trigger-happy shootings and your only response is to complain about this? Weird.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    Read my post carefully...
    Did I say YOU suggested that? Nope...

I keep repeating myself because whenever the term "Black People" is uses to make a statement, we've already been categorically made monolithic.....And yes, we also do this to ourselves (me as well)......

Relax dude.....
    I'm not upset or agitated but I just don't think I said anything that implies I think Black people all believe the same thing.

The only purpose race had in my post was to say I think Ralph Yarl was shot because he's Black and the guy who shot him is a racist. I still believe that.

Also, it is not true that whenever someone says the words "Black people" it means they assume Black people are monolithic. That's why you have to read what people say. This heuristic of yours is not a great one. If someone says "some Black people believe" it means they don't think Black people are monolithic. Why? Because it implies they realize not every Black person believes the same thing. Ditto if they say "most Black people vote for Democrats". This has been your complaint in the past, but this also doesn't assume Black people are monolithic for the obvious reason that it implies there is dissent within the community but one viewpoint is more popular than another. If someone says "some racists perceive Black people to be", it doesn't mean the speaker views Black people as monolithic. It might mean they think racists view Black people that way etc.

Gold Poster

anyway i'm tired. i denied being agitated but if I am agitated it's because I don't think you addressed the substance of what i said about Ralph Yarl. I also feel like we talk at cross purposes and wonder whether it's worth it.

Senior Member Gold Poster KnightHawk 2.0's Avatar

Not surprised at all that Kevin-Spineless Coward-McCarthy failed in his big test as speaker,when he folded like a lawnchair and gave into the demands of the MAGA Caucus{ the people he sold his soul too}. And their so called debt limit bill that they past by party line will be dead on arrival in the US Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    anyway i'm tired. i denied being agitated but if I am agitated it's because I don't think you addressed the substance of what i said about Ralph Yarl. I also feel like we talk at cross purposes and wonder whether it's worth it.
    Don't worry about it, Mr Fanti doesn't do substance, so there is no point expecting it.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightHawk 2.0 View Post
    Not surprised at all that Kevin-Spineless Coward-McCarthy failed in his big test as speaker,when he folded like a lawnchair and gave into the demands of the MAGA Caucus{ the people he sold his soul too}. And their so called debt limit bill that they past by party line will be dead on arrival in the US Senate.
    "...folded like a lawn chair..." ! Love it. Gonna pinch it.