Page 203 of 223 FirstFirst ... 103153193198199200201202203204205206207208213 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2226
    Rude Gurl Professional Poster Yvonne183's Avatar

Default Re: Thought for the Day

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Rainwater, good, if you get enough of it. Mountain lions and bears, not so good.

I have been in and out of hospital in recent years, but 4 ops later I am in good health now, if overweight. I had to move from the centre of town to the outskirts, but it has some benefits, not least the views. Stay well!

Attachment 1422395
    No mountain lions, but have run into bears on occasion and one mean Fisher Cat. I have a hunting dog that keeps bears away.

Sorry to hear about the hospital visits and ops. And you stay well too, my Anglo friend.

My thought of the day:
    If the love of money is the root of all evil
    And time is money
    Is the love of time the root of all evil?

Bye Starvos, see you next year or so.

I'm the girl nobody knows until she commits suicide.
    Then suddenly everyone knew me.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne183 View Post
    No mountain lions, but have run into bears on occasion and one mean Fisher Cat. I have a hunting dog that keeps bears away.

Sorry to hear about the hospital visits and ops. And you stay well too, my Anglo friend.

My thought of the day:
    If the love of money is the root of all evil
    And time is money
    Is the love of time the root of all evil?

Bye Starvos, see you next year or so.
    But time is also motion. Stop moving, and you might end up in not-time, and we all know what that is...(about to google 'Fisher cat').

Today is June 19th. Means nothing in the UK, means a lot more in the US. We have enough to worry about here, but so do Americans...

This Juneteenth, Remember the GOP Is the Neo-Confederate Party (yahoo.com)

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Gold Poster KnightHawk 2.0's Avatar

Throw the book at,and lock up the MAGA King,Domestic Terrorist Leader,Petulant Child and Sore Loser Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Today is June 19th. Means nothing in the UK, means a lot more in the US. We have enough to worry about here, but so do Americans...

This Juneteenth, Remember the GOP Is the Neo-Confederate Party (yahoo.com)
    Indeed the GOP sure is.

The MAGA King Donald Trump claims he hires the best people,then insults them when they won't kiss his ass anymore. Shows how insecure and thinskined he is.

Gold Poster

Joe Rogan is an antivaxxer. He is not just asking questions any more than someone obsessed with the construction of gas chamber doors at Auschwitz is simply interested in carpentry. That should be obvious to all of his moron fans, many of whom are harassing Peter Hotez, an eminent doctor who fights infectious disease in developing countries and has saved countless lives. He received a death threat today which is supported by thousands of conspiracy nuts and other subliterate cousin fuckers on twitter. These ignoramuses are absolutely making this country unliveable.

filghy2 Silver Poster

And guess who else weighed in? https://www.yahoo.com/news/elon-musk...183306569.html

It's the standard strategy:
    1. Make claims based on spurious evidence
    2. Demand that experts spend time debating said claims
    3. If they do, refuse to accept what they say
    4. If they don't, claim that they have some motive for ignoring the issue

Its a disingenuous performance because the people who claim to be only seeking answers could easily find them if they bothered to do a bit of googling.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightHawk 2.0 View Post
    The MAGA King Donald Trump claims he hires the best people,then insults them when they won't kiss his ass anymore. Shows how insecure and thinskined he is.
    Thanks for the Lincoln Project videos which I had not seen before. But this is the problem with anyone who makes bombastic claims about themselves when they don't have the ability to support them, indeed, because of their inherent weakness, are easily exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    Joe Rogan is an antivaxxer. He is not just asking questions any more than someone obsessed with the construction of gas chamber doors at Auschwitz is simply interested in carpentry. That should be obvious to all of his moron fans, many of whom are harassing Peter Hotez, an eminent doctor who fights infectious disease in developing countries and has saved countless lives. He received a death threat today which is supported by thousands of conspiracy nuts and other subliterate cousin fuckers on twitter. These ignoramuses are absolutely making this country unliveable.
    I would like to think it is just your country in which the proven abilities of professionals, in all walks of life are subject to ridicule and threats, but it seems to be part of a global trend -either you support my argument or you are a threat that must be eliminated. This is what used to be called Stalinism, it is alive and well in the Russian Federation, where Putin's domestic tactics when dealing with criticism is no different from Stalin's.

And yet, here in the UK, Boris Johnson's career is in ruins because his lies have been exposed. Not long after his election victory in 2019 he stated his belief/desire he would be in power for 10 years, but he has now been barred from even entering the Palace of Westminster by a House of Commons Committee -most of whose members are from his own party- and endorsed by the House of Commons. Truth does matter.

The facts of the case are stark -Johnson came onto national tv to tell us, more than once, to stay at home, to limit social interactions, to wear masks in public, when he and his staff in No 10 Downing St, and at Conservative Party HQ were mocking the very same instructions. That so much has been exposed has caused immense damage to the image of the Conservative Party, but I believe there is even more damaging material to come, not least in the Covid Enquiry that began in London this week.

Add in some of the rulings in States like Alabama that have prevented the implementation of bans on the medical treatment of 'Trans Kids', and the attempt to disbar John Eastman in California (he wanted to call as an 'expert witness' on election fraud, an accountant with no election experience [!]); and one can at least see that all is not lost, that the lunatics have not taken over the asylum.