Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105055565758596061 LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: For the Brits: When will BREXIT referendum happen ?

Quote Originally Posted by holzz View Post
    no. you reckon this entire site is your personal playground. it's not. people can say what they want here, even if it doesn't meet your spec. wow, the arrogance!
    We are all equal on this site, it is up to each member to contribute as much as they wish within the rules, and you are a sterling contributor of images, which I am sure most members appreciate as I do. I am confident about some topics, that is not arrogance, but I must point out you make points, often vague, but don't really debate the issues.

In 2021 Northern Ireland becomes our only land border with the EU, it was there for all to see in 2016 but I don't recall signficant debate on it. Is Northern Ireland to remain in the Customs Union? If it is, then is the UK not in some way bound into the CU and thus the rules set by the EU and judged by the European Court of Justice? Or is the UK Government going to violate the Good Friday Agreement?

Fishing is a minor part of the UK's economy but seems to pack a punch for those whose ignorance enables them to ignore the precedents for sharing that go back centuries. I could go on, but I am not sure you want to go into the details, and yet that is where the devil lurks, waiting to spoil even the best efforts we make to survive in the coming years. It took the Czech Republic and Slovakia ten years to complete the process of separation, I expect the UK and the EU to be negotiating the fine details for a similar length of time, and would therefore not be surprised if you expressed your exasperation with it all.

Senior Member Gold Poster holzz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    We are all equal on this site, it is up to each member to contribute as much as they wish within the rules, and you are a sterling contributor of images, which I am sure most members appreciate as I do. I am confident about some topics, that is not arrogance, but I must point out you make points, often vague, but don't really debate the issues.

In 2021 Northern Ireland becomes our only land border with the EU, it was there for all to see in 2016 but I don't recall signficant debate on it. Is Northern Ireland to remain in the Customs Union? If it is, then is the UK not in some way bound into the CU and thus the rules set by the EU and judged by the European Court of Justice? Or is the UK Government going to violate the Good Friday Agreement?

Fishing is a minor part of the UK's economy but seems to pack a punch for those whose ignorance enables them to ignore the precedents for sharing that go back centuries. I could go on, but I am not sure you want to go into the details, and yet that is where the devil lurks, waiting to spoil even the best efforts we make to survive in the coming years. It took the Czech Republic and Slovakia ten years to complete the process of separation, I expect the UK and the EU to be negotiating the fine details for a similar length of time, and would therefore not be surprised if you expressed your exasperation with it all.
    pretty false.
    you have a plot here who posts what, or who contributes what. the mods never set that out. it's funny to see. expectign the world to conform to your inner dialogue lol.

pretty false.
    you have a plot here who posts what, or who contributes what. the mods never set that out. it's funny to see. expectign the world to conform to your inner dialogue lol.

I don't know what you are referring to, but I do note your reluctance to debate the isses generated by Brexit.

filghy2 Silver Poster

also, i'm just stating my opinion. don't get fucking terse, as i say what I fucking wish. get over that reality.
    Why are you so thin-skinned? If you state an opinion other people are entitled to respond to it. But don't worry - I don't intend to waste any further time responding to your inanities. If others have any sense they will do the same. Enjoy your future discussions with yourself.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by filghy2; 12-15-2020 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    Why are you so thin-skinned? If you state an opinion other people are entitled to respond to it. But don't worry - I don't intend to waste any further time responding to your inanities. If others have any sense they will do the same. Enjoy your future discussions with yourself.
    because you comically think you have extra-rules in this world. hahha. what a dope! that's fine, we all have to believe the rules/norms of some 50-year old who thinks the world fears him. I guess you're this lonely and sad that you wish to manipulate online strangers lol. You're not here for genuine "debate" but just to silence people.

I don't know what you are referring to, but I do note your reluctance to debate the isses generated by Brexit.
    You do it all the time. Thinking you own this space and can dictate what's said and done here. I'm not wrong for calling this out.

You do it all the time. Thinking you own this space and can dictate what's said and done here. I'm not wrong for calling this out.
    I don't 'own' this space any more than you do. I do not dictate anything, because you are free to challenge what I write, and you are wrong, because debating the issues means just that, but is something you do not do. What is your view of the predicament the UK is in with regard to Northern Ireland and the Customs Union? I don't know. What sort of commercial relationship should the UK have with the EU, a privileged one because of its 47-year old relationship, or one based on the deal the EU has with Canada? I don't know. And I doubt on previous evidence that you will tell me. I really don't care what you think of me, but this is an open forum and as the section suggests, it is for people to say what think about Politics and Religion. Why not engage with the issues and drop the personal stuff?

I don't 'own' this space any more than you do. I do not dictate anything, because you are free to challenge what I write, and you are wrong, because debating the issues means just that, but is something you do not do. What is your view of the predicament the UK is in with regard to Northern Ireland and the Customs Union? I don't know. What sort of commercial relationship should the UK have with the EU, a privileged one because of its 47-year old relationship, or one based on the deal the EU has with Canada? I don't know. And I doubt on previous evidence that you will tell me. I really don't care what you think of me, but this is an open forum and as the section suggests, it is for people to say what think about Politics and Religion. Why not engage with the issues and drop the personal stuff?
    i've seen your posts. a whole range of simple stuff. so then you insistence i cannot post isn't logical. you do reckon you own this space and it's funny.

i've seen your posts. a whole range of simple stuff. so then you insistence i cannot post isn't logical. you do reckon you own this space and it's funny.

You do post, and I do not objeact to any of your posts, but there is a difference between posting a one-sentence opinion, and debating the issues of the thread. Do you have a view on Fishing, on intelligence and security, on Northern Ireland? Instead of focusing on me, debate the issues, that is what Politics & Religion is for.

Gold Poster

I don't think he polices content more than anyone else. There are times when just about everyone on this side of the forum has noted something is off topic (including my post here) or personal or looks like abuse depending on what is posted. That is only natural and I haven't seen him tell you exactly what you should say. Disagreeing with someone's view is not trying to control what someone says but offering a different view. And yes, saying they think you're wrong about something. That was all he did.

Last edited by broncofan; 12-16-2020 at 07:54 PM.