Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Professional Poster peejaye's Avatar

Default Re: For the Brits: When will BREXIT referendum happen ?

In fact; everyone is laughing at the incompetence of the current leader of the UK except you. What cunt can't see that?
    I know the thought for you horrible Liberals of a left wing Government will cause you more sleepless nights but it's actually a master stroke by Corbyn getting Labour closer to No.10 Downing Street, that's why you're really annoyed.
    YOU & your lot are everything that's wrong with this country.
    Mr's Mays' Government doesn't need any help undermining itself. It's the worst Government in living memory! You should be more concerned about what's happening on your own doorstep like 16 young lives being lost in London alone this year because of knife crime, education & the teachers crisis & the NHS instead of worrying about big business & fucking millionaires. People like you have too much money & time on your hands, telling everyone else without money and much time due to working how we should be living ours!

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Peejaye, as you know I am not a Liberal, and am opposed to Labour and Corbyn for many reasons other than their fantasy policy framework. Corbyn as I said in the post you have responded to has tried to stir things up in the Tory Party with its customs union gimmick, but Labour policy on Brexit is the same as the Tories but I note your post actually says nothing about Brexit because you are in denial about the partnership on the EU that Corbyn has formed with Theresa May.

As for domestic policy, you don't know what I think about it because I have not discussed it in a thread on the EU, and I have not even implied I know better than you how to spend your money. At the core of this is your refusal to engage with the reality of Brexit, which may make it harder, not easier to resolve critical issues in housing, education, NHS funding and corporate greed. As the ex-civil servant pointed out yesterday, the UK leaving the EU is equivalent to swapping a three course meal for a packet of crisps. In a few years time, that may be all we can afford to eat. Better focus on the matter at hand than make personal statements about me that are of little interest to anyone and wildly off the mark.

All you big PRO-Establishment fuckers can do is speculate. We may as well all listen to a clairvoyant. And as for the ex-civil servant; You mean the millionaire ex- civil servant, probably another cunt crying over the gravy train(for the privileged few, not the many) as all of you remaining moaners are; I'll take the packet of crisps, thanks!
    Go and find some gullible cunt who doesn't see right through you lot, your wasting my time.... & oh,
    What are you bastard lot going to accuse Jeremy Corbyn of next week? We've had a terrorist & a spy amongst others so far!
    I'll go paedophile next?

Quote Originally Posted by peejaye View Post
    All you big PRO-Establishment fuckers can do is speculate. We may as well all listen to a clairvoyant. And as for the ex-civil servant; You mean the millionaire ex- civil servant, probably another cunt crying over the gravy train(for the privileged few, not the many) as all of you remaining moaners are; I'll take the packet of crisps, thanks!
    Go and find some gullible cunt who doesn't see right through you lot, your wasting my time.... & oh,
    What are you bastard lot going to accuse Jeremy Corbyn of next week? We've had a terrorist & a spy amongst others so far!
    I'll go paedophile next?
    How odd -RedVex calls me a Communist when I don't share her views, and when I don't share yours it is because I am 'Pro-Establishment'. Had you asked I would have agreed with you that the campaign against Corbyn is plain daft, not least because when I went to a meeting in London in 1981 after the Brixton riots with someone who later sat on the Labour's Front Bench and was a Secretary of State under Blair, on the way home she asked me did I notice the guy from Special Branch? The Mail and Murdoch's dirty rags are desperate, Corbyn at the time was under surveillance owing to his 'dialogue' with Provisional Sinn Fein, so the idea he was a Soviet Spy who had access to British intelligence of any kind is bizarre. And who cares what Margret Thatcher had for breakfast?

I don't oppose the state or public ownership of utilities, I just wonder if the UK can make it work given that our track record is so poor. It is worth asking how it is possible for that Bastion of Capitalism, Switzerland to prefer state to private ownership of its utilities, its train services, and so on. If it was a magic formula then we could adopt it without tears, but after Brexit, I don't see where the money is going to come from to pay for it all, though the irony is that if the foreign owners of our utilities and train companies decide the business is no longer profitable for them, the Labour Govt may have to taken them into public ownership anyway, and still nobody wants to concede Brexit will mean rises in income tax, interest rates, VAT or its replacement, customs and excise duties on alcohol and tobacco etc etc.

More to the point: the economy of the Republic of Ireland is deeply connected to the UK; Northern Ireland costs the UK taxpayer around £11 billion a year in subsidies, so when are you going to offer us a solution to the fact that, thanks to you, the UK will be leaving the Single Market and the Customs Union, and that this creates a problem owing to the clause in the Good Friday Agreement that guarantees an open border between North and South? You can speculate as much as you like about what life will be like outside the EU, but right now we need practical solutions, which you seem unwilling to even discuss.

And unless I am mistaken, you are on the same side as that pompous Liar, Boris Johnson, and his menagerie of liars, frauds and fantasists ranging from Jacob Rees-Mogg to Liam Fox, Dominic Raab and Danniel Hannan, not to mention that proven racist Nigel Farage, the man who wants to break up California. A bit more focus on policy might serve you better.

Ha ha ha, brilliant. You really are very ill with it aren't you.
    You Politicians have been told by "The great un-washed" what we really think of you lot, with your fucking duck-houses & your £40 breakfasts your claiming everyday & you can't handle it. GET OVER IT! I don't debate Politics with Politicians who hide behind a mask.
    Firstly; I'm not on anyones' side. I'd stick all those cunts above on top of a bonfire on November 5th....apart from Farage. WE have him to thank for this wonderful moment.
    Secondly; RedVex calls everyone a communist!
    & Thirdly; The Railways of Switzerland(SBB) are actually ran by a group of private franchisees over a very lengthy period of time(20+ years).
    Go & see your GP for some more medication, the last lot clearly didn't work? Oh & good luck. If it's anything like my surgery, be prepared to wait 4/5 week!

I forgot to add to your latest tantrum;

I am actually on the side of the 52% of the UK population.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

You're not with 52% of the population.
    You're with 17 million adult voters.

A small thing, but worth pointing out.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Ha ha ha, brilliant. You really are very ill with it aren't you.
    You Politicians have been told by "The great un-washed" what we really think of you lot, with your fucking duck-houses & your £40 breakfasts your claiming everyday & you can't handle it. GET OVER IT! I don't debate Politics with Politicians who hide behind a mask.
    Firstly; I'm not on anyones' side. I'd stick all those cunts above on top of a bonfire on November 5th....apart from Farage. WE have him to thank for this wonderful moment.
    Secondly; RedVex calls everyone a communist!
    & Thirdly; The Railways of Switzerland(SBB) are actually ran by a group of private franchisees over a very lengthy period of time(20+ years).
    Go & see your GP for some more medication, the last lot clearly didn't work? Oh & good luck. If it's anything like my surgery, be prepared to wait 4/5 week!
    I was a political activist, I admit to that, but have never been a politician, and as a result of what I saw in the CLP I was mostly active in (there were two both in London) I did not want to be associated with corruption even at that level. I could give you the details but I suspect you would find a reason to dismiss them, and I have no doubt that the corrupt practices in Labour councils are replicated by Tory ones too, there are some goodies the most diehard comrade cannot resist, when offered.

The Swiss rail network is mostly owed by the State, with some branch networks jointly owned by the State, the Canton and local communities. Many are small alpine railway lines that are used for ski resorts in the winter.

As for the NHS, without going into the details I have had extensive treatment these past 18 months and have no complaints other than with hospital food, but that is because I don't like porridge, which is basically vomit and unfit for human consumption; but even if I could, I would not spend £40 on breakfast.

As usual, you are keen to defend Brexit, and I even understand why, yet you cannot think through it to offer us your solution to the border between Northern Ireland and the Republic if and when the UK leaves the Customs Union, or if the EU insists that NI remain in the Customs Union provoking, potentially, a constitutional crisis in the UK.

Don't correct me on Swiss Railways. I've travelled every line in the country since the mid 90's & worked as a correspondent for a magazine on the subject. I also have a good friend who's a driver in Luzern. The SBB is ran by private franchisees'.
    Just accept; You DON'T know everything!
    My job, as stated to you SEVERAL times, is not to find solutions to aid Politicians. I'm a railway man(35 years) in 2013 I attended brewing University in Edinburgh. I now work part time in a family ran brewery. You want me to solve solutions on either those two subjects, maybe I can help you.
    I also don't debate with you because you don't accept ANYTHING you don't agree with. You're absolutely obsessed and furious about the subject.
    Get the picture?

Don't correct me on Swiss Railways. I've travelled every line in the country since the mid 90's & worked as a correspondent for a magazine on the subject. I also have a good friend who's a driver in Luzern. The SBB is ran by private franchisees'.
    Just accept; You DON'T know everything!

I also don't debate with you because you don't accept ANYTHING you don't agree with. You're absolutely obsessed and furious about the subject.
    Get the picture?
    I will let you spend your own time finding out what a franchise is, in the meantime I am open to change my mind on any issue if I am persuaded that I am wrong or don't know enough about it-you are unable to persuade me that Brexit is a good idea because so far you have not given me any reason to think so, and when asked about the consequences you shut down debate by claiming it is all speculation.

What is not speculation is what we have now, a single market of 500 million producers and consumers, a customs union with tariff free movement of goods, trade worth over $200 billion a year. If I knew what was so wrong with that the UK should leave the EU altogether for something better you need to be more specific about what better means. In fact, it is the Leave campaign that have based everything on speculation, as if reality were too much to bear.

Here is an interesting contrast: Gibraltar with Northern Ireland. Because of its different history and connections to both the UK and Spain, Gibraltar appears to present a conundrum every bit as fraught as Northern Ireland. In fact I think now that the situation of Gibraltar, which voted overwhelmingly to remain in the EU, as it has voted to remain part of the UK, can be solved through a bespoke Customs Union arrangement similar to the ones which affect the French Caribbean, and protectorates like Monaco, San Marino, Andorra and the Vatican. It would require agreement with Spain, which has a veto on Gibraltarian affairs, but in practical terms, the fact that Gibraltar has a border with Spain not the UK, means in it is in the interests of both to find a common agreement. It would mean a part of the UK was still in the Customs Union and subject to both the Single Market and the jurisdiction of the ECJ, but I think this is a compromise that would be accepted even by leave lunatics like Rees-Mogg.
    A useful article on the Gibraltar issue is here-
    http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a8234516.html

Whether a similar bespoke agreement could be reached with Northern Ireland would depend on the Democratic Unionist Party, currently ignoring the fact that most of Northern Ireland voted to Remain in the EU. Theresa May before the Referendum in 2016 argued it would not be possible for the UK to leave the EU without re-imposing a hard border between Northern Ireland and the Republic, that she now has to oppose just that highlights the dilemma of a Conservative Prime Minister who, in reality doesn't believe in the Brexit project she is supposed to be leading.