Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4444950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
    Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Default Re: For the Brits: When will BREXIT referendum happen ?

Quote Originally Posted by peejaye View Post
    Well I just got my new passport today, I applied for it three weeks ago. It's got "European Union" on the top line of the front cover! What the fuck is that all about? Does someone know something they haven't shared with the rest of us?
    Live in hope Jericho!
    Ah, but was it maroon?

Given todays events, I think we're all going to die of old age before we have to start worrying about newblue passports!

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Senior Member Gold Poster Laphroaig's Avatar

Well I just got my new passport today, I applied for it three weeks ago. It's got "European Union" on the top line of the front cover! What the fuck is that all about? Does someone know something they haven't shared with the rest of us?
    Live in hope Jericho!
    They won't start issuing the blue ones until we're actually out of the EU. That's been known for a while and there was an announcement recently that the current ones will remain valid when/if we do leave. So, I'm afraid that unless you lose it you're stuck with it until it expires. Just as well, I need a new one soon and I'm fucked if I'd pay for it twice.

Senior Member Professional Poster peejaye's Avatar

The new blue non-EU ones will be issued from Oct 2019, mine is maroon and is valid for 10 years.

Junior Member Rookie Poster

The thing way people are treating the colour of the passport like its a holy grail. My passport is valid for another 7 years and i dont care about the colour but a guy i work with is changing his when the become available.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

The spiral known as 'Brexit' continues to gyrate, but whereas a corkscrew spirals into the cork of a handsome Burgundy to enrich a meal, Brexit is just spiralling, if not out of control, then into ever deeper depths of absurdity.

Thus,
    1) last night the Prime Minister 'addressed the Nation' live on tv -though it was not deemed important enough to interrupt either Coronation Street or Holby City- in which she said that although the British people had voted to leave the EU and her government had established 29th March 2019 as 'Exit Day', she now believed this would not happen, and it is the fault of MPs who refuse to pass the Withdrawal Agreement negotiated between the EU and the UK. She claimed earlier in the Commons that the UK would seek an extension of Article 50 to June 30th but not later than that, but we don't know if the EU will agree to it, and if they don't and the Commons if asked to do so, rejects the WA for a third time, we may find that in fact the UK does leave the EU on the 29th March, but without deal.
    But the sight of a Prime Minister blaming everyone but herself for this mess was staggering in its ineptitude, and following her petulant remarks in the Commons earlier in the day about MPs 'navel gazing', even her closest supporters have been shaking their heads in disbelief. Unless she has some secret deal with the EU, she looks to me like a Prime Minister walking the plank with only the deepest ocean before her.

2) For some time, Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has said the Prime Minister should, like the Four Tops, 'reach out' to the rest of the Commons to obtain a more popuar deal the EU will accept and the Commons pass; yet when Corbyn was invited to No 10 Downing Street for just such an exploration of MPs from across the Commons, he entered the room to find former Labour, now Independent MP Chuka Umunna seated at the table, turned round in disgust, and left, I suppose you might call it 'Jexit'. Reach Out (I'll Not Be there).
    That the leader of Her Majesty's Opposition appears to be as stubborn as the Prime Minister, capable of producing instant stasis in an earthquake makes one wonder how either of them have survived this long.
    Because nobody else wants their job, nobody wants to be responsible for the Brexit that has dominated our politics for the last two and half years.

3) When the Brexit Party was launched in January and formally registered as a party in February, it was hailed as the new 'UKIP'. Created by Nigel Farage, the fate of the Brexit Party has in just over a month already taken on the fate of UKIP, as the first leader has been forced to resign so the Party is now looking for its new leader (UKIP is currently on its 6th leader in less than 3 years). The leader, a former UKIP 'economics' spokeswoman (please don't laugh) Christine Blaiklck has had some dodgy mates in the past and has agreed to leave.
    So, Nigel, why is it that every party you touch falls to pieces? And guess what, Farage wrote an article in the Telegraph saying if the UK does not leave the EU he will tear the Conservative Party 'limb from limb' -er, Nigel, don't exert yourself, just blow hard enough and the Tories will collapse, and while you're at it, blow some smoke up your own arse.

*Nigel Farage is leading the 'People's March' for Brexit, walking from Sunderland to London, or rather, taking buses part of the way -Nigel is in the Comfy Car, if he is ever seen at all- cost of entry onto the March £50. 350 started the March. England has arisen.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

It's not my fault, I'll protect you from those lazy MP's!
    May's speech, pretty much!

Hmmm, Jexit (well played, Sir!)
    Tho, I prefer "The Squakbox" version.

But a Labour source told the SKWAWKBOX how it all unfolded:

There were two meetings. There was the one with the party leaders – and another one that the Tiggers were invited to.

But the Tiggers turned up at the main meeting and [May adviser] Gavin Barwell thought it would be rude to send them away even though they’d crashed it! Confusion reigned.

The Tiggers aren’t even a party, let alone significant enough to have been there, so Jeremy left. Apparently he didn’t miss anything, it was as vacuous as you’d expect.
    https://skwawkbox.org/2019/03/21/why...g-with-umunna/

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Senior Member Professional Poster peejaye's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brexit-party.PNG 
Views:	67 
Size:	171.0 KB 
ID:	1148860

Cheerio Yvette Cooper, Lisa Nandy & other Elitist cunts, I know YOU know best but it will cost you your jobs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brexit-party.PNG 
Views:	67 
Size:	171.0 KB 
ID:	1148860
    No policies, no seats, no future. Just another desperate attempt to hang on to €93,000 a year, plus expenses.

According to the new Prime Minister, the UK will be leaving the EU on the 31st October, 'no ifs, no buts'. So, 99 days to go.
    What leaving actually means is open to question, not least because Johnson on the ITV Peston show last week, said that the UK will leave the EU's 'legal formula' on the 31st but operate a 'stand still' approach to the Customs Union and the Single Market for the duration of the 'implementation period' that lasts until the UK has negotiated a free trade agreement with the EU. That sounds to me like the UK remaining in the EU and not being in the EU at the same time, and makes no more sense than Johnson's insistence he can negotiate changes to the existing Withdrawal Agreement which he has said is 'dead', but which also seems to be the basis of the negotiations which in any case the EU say have ended.

Put another way, Boris is saying to the EU 'Give me what I want, or I shall slam the door on the way out', so we need to see who blinks first, if either side blink. On top of that, if Johnson were to be offered something or negotiated a revised deal, it would have to be approved by the 27 Members States of the EU, and the UK Parliament, which suggests 31st October can't be the date if the process of approval is still taking place in Parliament. Boris is in a Box, and he is neither a magician, nor a rabbit.

filghy2 Silver Poster

The only problem, Stavros, is the refusal of people like you to believe in the Brexit utopia. Don't you know that all will turn out well as long as you believe it will. Don't you know that you can always get what you want if you are determined enough?
    Isn't that the substance of Boris's pitch, or have I missed something?