Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Senior Member Professional Poster

Default Re: Colin Kaepernick

Quote Originally Posted by chi73inla View Post
    When you are a tranny chaser and live a life full of deceit you have to be prepared to suffer the consequences. I'm sure his teammates already knew he was gay. Mia is doing him a favor. Hopefully they can work it out and get back together.
    Yes, he'll leave his current girlfriend to begin a serious relationship with a fame whoring hooker.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Professional Poster runningdownthatdream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by makerandmodder View Post
    It has a reputation for being a much more liberal and open-minded city than almost anywhere else in the world, let alone the US. Armistead Maupin's Tales of the City books, which featured a trans lead character from the very start in the early 1980s, have sold very widely and they were made into at least one television series (well, we only saw the one series here in the UK).
    A reputation with whom and where? And you're qualified to make this assertion because you've seen most cities in the world and experienced most cultures in the world?

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by runningdownthatdream View Post
    A reputation with whom and where? And you're qualified to make this assertion because you've seen most cities in the world and experienced most cultures in the world?
    Can't speak for the rest of the world, but in relation to the rest of the US, yes SF has a reputation as being one of the most liberal cities in the nation. That whom being with many Americans and the where being the US. SF is known as extremely liberal just as the deep south(Bible Belt) is known as extremely conservative. And given that it's SF, a city known worldwide, it's hard to believe that a decent number of people outside the US don't know the reputation of that city.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Colin Kaepernick fits well in the Bay Area since most residents have Bible stories tattooed all over them too, and it would be awful to see him leave because he's so well-spoken and is an intellectual on the level of Aaron Rodgers.

Kaep and Mia would make quite a couple, they're a match made in heaven.

0 out of 4 members liked this post.
    Look Marge, I'm reading The Economist, did you know Indonesia is at a crossroads?

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoPervySage View Post
    Can't speak for the rest of the world, but in relation to the rest of the US, yes SF has a reputation as being one of the most liberal cities in the nation. That whom being with many Americans and the where being the US. SF is known as extremely liberal just as the deep south(Bible Belt) is known as extremely conservative. And given that it's SF, a city known worldwide, it's hard to believe that a decent number of people outside the US don't know the reputation of that city.
    As someone who's traveled a bit, I can tell you that people in other parts of the world have a lot more to think about than San Francisco and its liberal propensities. You might be surprised to learn that other cultures think more about their own culture than they think about American culture. I'm not questioning your assessment of SF being liberal - I'm not American and never went to SF, I'm just questioning who anointed it one of the world's most liberal cities (given the thousands of cities around the world) and given the definition of liberal is also fluid based on culture.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

As someone who's traveled a bit, I can tell you that people in other parts of the world have a lot more to think about than San Francisco and its liberal propensities. You might be surprised to learn that other cultures think more about their own culture than they think about American culture. I'm not questioning your assessment of SF being liberal - I'm not American and never went to SF, I'm just questioning who anointed it one of the world's most liberal cities (given the thousands of cities around the world) and given the definition of liberal is also fluid based on culture.
    You're right, there is not ultimate authority. People can only go off of what others says, top 10 lists and talking to foreigners to make these statements. I've traveled a little and met people from all over the world who have given praise to SF for it's friendly vibe and open-mindedness(I honestly don't know how many countries use the term "liberal" as much as we do or the way we do). At the same time, I've met people who've been to SF and said thing something like "it was cool/fun" and may not have thought it was liberal in the way we think.

Senior Member Junior Poster

They said almost anywhere in world, not the most liberal city ever. Get over yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by dc_guy_75 View Post
    Kaep and Mia would make quite a couple, they're a match made in heaven.
    I'm sure his current girlfriend would disagree.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Member Rookie Poster scorpeo777's Avatar

this is what I don't get in this board. If someone give a general popular opinion then someone come with gun blazing asking if you are qualified or can you prove your statement. Maybe you should educate yourself and quit being ignorant. The opinion Sandiegopervysage gave about San Francisco is quite popular beyond the United States as SF is a major global city.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scorpeo777 View Post
    this is what I don't get in this board. If someone give a general popular opinion then someone come with gun blazing asking if you are qualified or can you prove your statement. Maybe you should educate yourself and quit being ignorant. The opinion Sandiegopervysage gave about San Francisco is quite popular beyond the United States as SF is a major global city.
    Seriously, what cities in the world are genuinely more liberal across the board than SF??
    It's a sanctuary city for illegals, gay marriage has been sanctioned there forever, etc.

There's an entire liberal list of firsts for SF that I don't know how someone could take the position that to even make the statement is questionable.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Let me first comment on the original purpose of the thread: while I personally wouldn't say negative things to a media outlet about someone I was involved with, it's Mia's right to say what she wants as long as it's not slander or libelous. It might be in bad taste and ethics might be bad but it's her right. Just as it's Kaepernick's right to stay silent. Maybe she thinks she's a crusader exposing hypocrisy or shining a light on things that are in the dark which need to be illuminated.....whatever her thing, it's her right to express it.

Second no guns blazing, just pointing out that making bullshit, non-factual, really unverifiable, grandiose, hyperbolic statements about something doesn't make it true. Just makes you look uneducated and stupid. I know, because I've committed same error in the past. If you state SF is the most liberal city in the US then great, you can probably gather a bunch of American cultural 'experts' to validate your statement. But good luck with gathering a bunch from the world community to acknowledge the same - unless you select them from the UN's offices in NY. Being forward thinking with respect to gay or artistic or even civil rights in America doesn't mean you're truly ahead of the curve for the WHOLE world.

It's this thinking by Americans that have you struggling to appreciate the merits of other cultures. Like that dog Andreesen making his comments about India recently: in his mind, Indians were better off as a colony of the UK because then they'd have no choice but to do what they're instructed to do by Western businesses. India says 'we don't want your free internet' and suddenly India should be a colony again so Andreesen and Facebook can make money by slyly offering free internet which will then enable them to control what people in India can see and do on the internet. Andreesen's paternalist view of other non-Western countries spurred his comment and that same view is what spurs hyperbole like the one earlier in this thread.

Let's attempt to be rational in our thinking. And as Sage said above, Liberal in America may hold an entirely different meaning than Liberal in each of the other countries you happen to share this earth with.

Now you can all get back to holding your cocks and imagining who was top and who was bottom in Mia and Kaepernick's 'relationship'

0 out of 2 members liked this post.