Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    seamonkey Junior Poster

Default Re: what happen to San Francisco

That's the answer: San Francisco has become so gentrified and expensive that middle and working class people, artists, musicians, and other creative types have had to move outside the city. And it's not cheap to live in the suburbs either. I lived in the North Bay for 20 years and watched the changes. I left CA after the recession and ended up back in my home state of Michigan, where it is a lot cheaper to live. But I miss CA sometimes.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Junior Member Rookie Poster Dominion's Avatar

They have been priced out, luv. SF is the most expensive place to live in the USA - period. I used to live in a TS working girl building up the hill from Divas. We would all constantly be walking to and fro from the club. it was like a little family, we all took in TS run-aways (my personal CV was 11 girls) when we could.

You can't fight economics, every 6 weeks another girl got kicked out and her few meager belongings cast on the street, like so much garbage. And as of last Oct the building is all but gone. The girls can't get to Divas to make the $$$, no girls = no guys, so less girls show up the next time and so on. Divas is but a shadow of what it used to be.

The Redbook shutdown didn't help, it cut off the new entrants (girls) from the existing customer base, so it basically galvanized the money for more established girls.

I'm doing about 17X better now than I did on my best week in SF, but I'm girl without a home. Sometimes I wish I was back in my grungy little apartment. I guess you really can't go home.

Last edited by Dominion; 02-09-2016 at 06:25 AM.

Verified account Silver Poster Ben in LA's Avatar

Plenty of girls in LA as well, but the club scene isn't the way it used to be either. Maybe because LA is getting expensive as well?

I was last in St. Francis back in 2010; went to Diva's and had a blast. I'm sure when I head back up its going to be culture shock.