Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Default Jeff Bezos - Fire Transphobic Jeremy Clarkson Planet Transgender!!!

In what could only be described as a nightmare former Top Gear presenter, Jeremy Clarkson sought out parents of a transgender girl at a birthday party where he was a guest and proceeded to assail them with a transphobic rant. It is not known if the transgender girl was present but the friends who invited him said they were shocked.
    According to News Au.com Clarkson wanted to tell the parents that they were "free to live a lunatic life" but they shouldn't "be allowed to poison the mind of a child."
    Clarkson said as far as he was concerned, transgender people were “only found on the internet or in the seedier bits of Bangkok”.
    “They were called ladyboys, and in my mind, they were nothing more than the punchline in a stag night anecdote,” he wrote in the piece.
    Fresh from being fired from Top Gear after allegedly assaulting a producer, Jeremy Clarkson has just begun filming at Amazon Prime doing a car show which will be available online in the US, UK, Germany and Austria.
    Amazon which just begun overcoming a transphobic past has now earned a corporate rating of 85% by HRC while expanding their operations presumably in a bid to attract the best talent.
    Employing Clarkson is contrary to Amazon's own Corporate smile policy.
    We are outraged about Jeremy Clarkson's inexcusable behaviour and are curious if Amazon wants such a man to damage their hard earned reputation and position in the marketplace.
    Jeremy Clarkson goes to great lengths to make a point that he lives without concern for others rendering him basically irredeemable.

We implore Amazon to fire Jeremy Clarkson .

https://www.change.org/p/jeff-bezos-...eremy-clarkson

5 out of 6 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster blueeyeboy's Avatar

Default Re: Jeff Bezos - Fire Transphobic Jeremy Clarkson Planet Transgender!!!

That man is a prize tit.
    Think I could punch him til my arms got tired.

"Time held me green and dying, so I sang in my chains like the sea"

"bitches be begging me to skeet skeet"

Veteran Poster

Here is the full article Clarkson wrote for The Sunday Times in case anyone wants to read it before they head to the petition page:

http://failover-www.thesundaytimes.c...le1659305.html

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster Lester316's Avatar

Having just read the article it would appear people have been reading headlines and jumping to conclusions.

I'm no Clarkson fan but the final point he makes doesn't seem bad at all:

But then I thought of something. Let’s just say for a moment that one in 1,000 are transgender. Or one in 100,000. Or even that it’s actually just one. Let’s say that there is one person out there who is a woman living in a man’s body, or the other way around.

I started to imagine what life might be like for the poor soul. It would be dreadful. Absolutely awful. And all they seem to want to make their life better is a third gender option box on official documents. That’s not really the end of the world for everyone else, is it?

I'd love to know how many people who signed the petition read the above; and how many just went it's Clarkson I'm signing that.

8 out of 8 members liked this post.

Rookie Poster

Kill Clarksonaaarrrrggghhhh ... Oh wait. Nvrmnd.

Its pathetic the lengths some people go to assassinate the character of people they don't like. Fuckin' wankers.

JC said nothing wrong.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

I agree that the last few paragraphs are reasonable. I don't really understand where the beginning part of his analysis fits in with these last paragraphs except to explain the progression of his views.

Perhaps he was saying that once upon a time he held antiquated, insensitive views about ts individuals and has since developed more sensitive and progressive views. Was the end part signalling that he repudiated the previous statements (all the shit about people with napoleon complexes and french outfits) or that he believes a little bit of everything he wrote but is coming around?

Because the beginning paragraphs really did sound like obnoxious nonsense....which would be fine if his point at the end was to say that he had been wrong.

Senior Member Veteran Poster Lester316's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    I agree that the last few paragraphs are reasonable. I don't really understand where the beginning part of his analysis fits in with these last paragraphs except to explain the progression of his views.

Perhaps he was saying that once upon a time he held antiquated, insensitive views about ts individuals and has since developed more sensitive and progressive views. Was the end part signalling that he repudiated the previous statements (all the shit about people with napoleon complexes and french outfits) or that he believes a little bit of everything he wrote but is coming around?

Because the beginning paragraphs really did sound like obnoxious nonsense....which would be fine if his point at the end was to say that he had been wrong.
    I read it to be a progression of views. And whilst some of what he has said has been reported as actually happening it read to me more like here are extreme things I contemplated or could have done but I thought about it and this is the point I've reached mentally. Opinion pieces like that are a bit like essays; if you read the parts of the argument without getting to the conclusion you really will miss the point. Something which I think in the midst of their general Clarkson dislike many people have done.

Ironic really judging someone/or their opinions on an incomplete picture - much like he said he did/could have done had he not stopped to consider how much the issue matters to even just one person (in this case of course - I'm not excusing him from other discretions).

Before I came here I was confused about this subject. Having listened to your lecture I am still confused. But on a higher level. Enrico Fermi

I confused things with their names: that is belief. Jean-Paul Sartre

Professional Poster runningdownthatdream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post

Yes, I think that's exactly what he's saying: he's starting to to denounce dogma and maybe even that it's better to follow the old wiccan rede of 'an it harm none, do what ye will'. I think Clint Eastwood; known misogynist, bigot, and all-round uber white Conservative tough-guy did similar through his movies starting with Million Dollar Baby. Like he suddenly realized that what he'd been preaching for years in movies like Dirty Harry was really just a single possibly flawed point of view and he's tried to balance things somewhat by making movies about strong women (Million Dollar Baby), misunderstood immigrants (Gran Torino), and showing both sides of an historical event that's often just portrayed as a rah rah America great moment (Flags of Our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima)

We're capable of adjusting our thinking and adapting to change without bemoaning the end of anything. Maybe Jeremy's doing such or maybe he's just taking the piss.......he is English after all.

Professional Poster runningdownthatdream's Avatar

.......someone better throw some flame retardant on Seanchai's skirts

Insensitive claptrap from the prize tit, with a truly cringeworthy mini-back track at the end. Luckily for him, my ignorant right wing colleagues ensure his income by buying into his asinine games.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.