Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: "No Black Guys"

Senior Member 5 Star Poster LovinThaTSLadiez's Avatar

Default Re: "No Black Guys"

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    There doesn't have to be any choice involved to be proud of who you are.
    You can be proud of who you are without being proud of your race. Content yes, but proud? Why? Does race alone define an individual? I think not as I am a firm believer that everyone is an individual regardless of race.

Being proud of an accomplishment makes sense. Being proud of race is just another form of ignorance.

Race only exists for those who want it to. Those who think they are better than someone else because of race and the stereotypes that are attached to it. Or those who blame others for their position in life because of race. Does racism exist? Sure. It likely always will. But we are only perpetuating the ignorance by being proud of something we have no control over.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by LovinThaTSLadiez; 01-23-2016 at 02:43 AM.

Member Rookie Poster

Be curious for some of the girls to contribute their thoughts on why this seems to be a relatively common theme. Clearly it's racism, but there must have been some issues in these girl's lives to make them think that way, especially when it turns down business. But it's got to be more than just sexual preferences. A lot of guys on the NYC thread want to boycott the girls who say that, but I feel given the unique line of work involved, they have the right to see who they want, and we shouldn't judge too hard without knowing their reasons. Also, a lot of the girls deal with a shit ton of discrimination in their own lives. Some of the discrimination may even involve guys who secretly seek them out for fun in the dark. Lots of bullshit out there my brothers.

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nycRock View Post
    Clearly it's racism,
    No it's not since many of the women are Black who also state they don't want any Blacks....

Note: I am Black...

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

I strictly prefer black men, although I am open to most people I find them the sexiest.

Member Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    No it's not since many of the women are Black who also state they don't want any Blacks....

Note: I am Black...
    With all due respect, if someone flat out refuses to provide service to someone solely based on skin color alone, it's racist. Doesn't matter what color the racist is, or what color they are being racist against. It might be viewed as a "preference" in the case of these girls, but it is definitely racist.

Member Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by KatieCD159 View Post
    I strictly prefer black men, although I am open to most people I find them the sexiest.
    Now that sounds like a preference, not racism. If you're talking about dating and relationships then it's usually just a preference or attraction. If you're talking about basing a business transaction on color then that's a different story. Not saying people don't have their reasons though.

With all due respect, if someone flat out refuses to provide service to someone solely based on skin color alone, it's racist. Doesn't matter what color the racist is, or what color they are being racist against. It might be viewed as a "preference" in the case of these girls, but it is definitely racist.
    They didn't say based on color did they?
    Have you factored in past experiences? (This would explain why many Black women say "No Blacks").

Again, I am a Black male.

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Is the below a racist comment or preference?
    For someone who isn't Black, how is the below comment supposed to be interpreted?

Quote Originally Posted by KatieCD159 View Post
    That being said, I agree with you in that one can't disregard racism in all cases - it's definitely still around.

Last edited by MrFanti; 01-23-2016 at 11:58 PM.
    "I am, a SIGMA Male...

Member Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    They didn't say based on color did they?
    Have you factored in past experiences? (This would explain why many Black women say "No Blacks").

Again, I am a Black male.
    This thread started as a discussion about the comment "please no Black guys." So it was definitely based on color. Past experiences are often a source of racism, but don't justify it, and I'm sure everyone has some bad experiences with people of every color. Just spend one day riding the NYC subways. Guess we have to agree to disagree on this.

Member Rookie Poster

[QUOTE=MrFanti;1665868]Is the below a racist comment or preference?
    For someone who isn't Black, how is the below comment supposed to be interpreted?

I'm not sure what KatieCD159 meant, but I took it to mean sexual preference, and not sex for money.