Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Gold Poster

Default Re: Oregon "standoff"

Thank you for the update. It appears the FBI showed a lot of patience and that the one man who was killed was resisting arrest. The others will be facing felony charges, which is certainly warranted.

Apparently when referring to the killing of his compatriot Cliven Bundy said, "they cold-blooded killed him", proving that you do not need to know the difference between an adverb and an adjective to be a constitutional scholar.

3 out of 4 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

As of this post, the remainder of the militia is still holed up in the Malheur Reserve. LaVoy Finicum's death and the media confusion over how it happened (somebody is clearly lying) may have gained them some political sympathy. I don't understand why authorities allowed people and packages to go in and out of the reserve or why they didn't cut off it's water and power. Then again, I don't understand why Cliven isn't in jail for trespass and tax evasion.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...-goodwill-lost

For once a solid piece of journalism that presents a balanced view

Avatar is not representative of the available product - contents may differ

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    As of this post, the remainder of the militia is still holed up in the Malheur Reserve. LaVoy Finicum's death and the media confusion over how it happened ...
    ...didn't realize there was confusion...the way I understand it, while attempting to evade a roadblock set up to apprehend them, their vehicle ended up off the road in a snowbank. Finicum emerged from the vehicle brandishing a weapon....sounds like he got just what he was looking for

....may have gained them some political sympathy.
    ...not from me....I have absolutely no sympathy at all for these so called "patriots". You know, your country has had a coupla fine wars going on for years now over in the Middle East....you wanna play soldier boy why don't you head on over there and point your fancy guns at Isis and Al Qaida

... I don't understand why authorities allowed people and packages to go in and out of the reserve
    ...heh heh...got a big kick outta that one....evidently a number of packages they received contained dildos

2 out of 3 members liked this post.
    the Meek shall inherit the Earth....the Rest of Us will go to the Stars

There's one "eyewitness" claims Finicum was surrendering on his knees with his hands in the air when he was shot in cold blood. I understand Carly Fiorina was repeating this version. Another claims that Finicum was brandishing a weapon and another that he was going for his holstered firearm. I'm hoping this gets settled soon.

I do have sympathy for the loss the Finicum's family must be feeling right now. I have no sympathy for his chosen cause and I've zero sympathy for any form of armed protest. There were plenty of peaceful and non-threatening avenues these clowns chose not to explore.

...evidently a number of packages they received contained dildos
    A lonely cowboy's best friend. I wonder if they came with holsters?

2 out of 3 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Thank you dreamon for your non-verbal input. I'll translate for those you can't understand you: "I'm dreamon and I'm a teabagging asshole."

4 out of 5 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

He cold-blooded thumbed down me. But seriously, what are the chances that the guy had his hands in the air, was no threat to the police officer and was shot, but everyone else was allowed to live? I have about as much sympathy for Finicum as I do for a matador who gets gored. His family? I suppose so. I wish I were more of a humanitarian. They are certainly innocent of his transgressions.

What I think actually happened. Finicum held up his hands and said, "I come in peace. I have no weapon and no quarrel with you. Please don't shoot." And the officers said, "shoot him, we don't want word to get out about our scheme to control Oregon's valuable land. Let's only leave seven living witnesses."

Gold Poster

I have no sympathy for his chosen cause and I've zero sympathy for any form of armed protest. There were plenty of peaceful and non-threatening avenues these clowns chose not to explore.
    I agree. I have no sympathy for sedition, for claiming that your government does not have authority to act when our founding document has given them that authority. Saying you don't recognize the government does not mean the government does not have jurisdiction over you. Their only plan was to try to entice federal agents to arrest them, which was within their remit to do, and then claim they were victims of any violence that ensued. But if you say "come and get me" to a federal officer while you're dressed in camo and carrying a gun, why should anyone be surprised if you get shot?

Veteran Poster

Their problem was protesting peacefully. They should have gone about their protest like the folks in Ferguson did. No one died there.

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by dreamon View Post
    Their problem was protesting peacefully. They should have gone about their protest like the folks in Ferguson did. No one died there.
    They committed felonies. There is no logical basis for thinking they should not be arrested. They had weapons on them and signaled their intention to use them if officers duly charged with arresting them performed their jobs. How is that a peaceful protest? What exactly is your objection? The downvotes are fine...doesn't matter. What is it you think they were doing that they should not be held accountable for?

1 out of 2 members liked this post.