Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Gold Poster

Default Re: Oregon "standoff"

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Cliven has been arrested and the four remaining armed assholes in the Park are about to surrender.

http://nyti.ms/1PPqVte
    Asshole-gate is almost over and what have we learned? Maybe that you can convince a bunch of morons you have a point even when you don't just by tapping into angst and paranoia. But at the end of the day, the morons don't decide what's legal and what's not.

I would like the feds to execute on the various judgments against Mr. Bundy in addition to holding him criminally responsible for his actions. Maybe auction off his cows and use the money to help women without resources get abortions.

Why should anyone be able to avoid complying with court orders just because they tap into the paranoia of an extremist subculture and threaten rebellion? These are the fruits of their actions.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

David Fry was the last man at Malheur Refuge to surrender. In the hour or so before he finally turned himself in he asked for pizza and marijuana, threatened suicide and ranted about abortion, drone strikes and U.F.O.'s. What a group of goofballs. How'd these mentally and psychologically impaired losers acquire licenses to carry firearms in the first place?

3 out of 5 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Gold Poster

I haven't checked my user ratings but I think someone here has a case of hero worship. In case you were wondering it does not actually send an electric shock through my system when I get a negative vote. You can't stop the commentary just like you can't stop the federal government from prosecuting cattle ranching traitors who don't pay their debts. It seems like a good idea to regularly update this thread with news as the prosecution commences through to conviction and incarceration. And on and on she goes until all the outlaws are rounded up and justice is served.

3 out of 4 members liked this post.

Sometimes the wheels of justice run slow (sometimes, perhaps in this case, sensibly so...) but eventually they catch up...http://www.npr.org/2016/02/11/466451...to-take-action

...It does leave me to wonder that, if only this old fool would've learned to keep his dumb yap shut and stay put, might he have gotten away with it all unscathed ?...

3 out of 4 members liked this post.
    Last edited by fred41; 02-13-2016 at 12:33 AM. Reason: added sub-post

Gold Poster

I've given you a positive vote because I like your post Fred, but also as a bulwark against tyranny. Sic semper ......but seriously this Cliven Bundy doesn't seem much like a patriot to me...he's got a certain je ne sais quoi, like he's French or possibly just highly un-American.

Last edited by broncofan; 02-13-2016 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Misspelled a French word

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    I've given you a positive vote because I like your post Fred, but also as a bulwark against tyranny. Sic semper ......but seriously this Cliven Bundy doesn't seem much like a patriot to me...he's got a certain je ne sais quoi, like he's French or possibly just highly un-American.
    He may be French...since the word "douche" is french.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    He may be French...since the word "douche" is french.
    Touche

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

dreamon and Bobvela are so angry they can't put it into words. Just use your firearms boys.

2 out of 4 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Gold Poster

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/...rrests/462525/

For Bobvela. I had hoped he only snuck firearms into private establishments that expressly forbid it but it seems he also supports sedition. For shame. I expected him to offer a reasonable view on this. There will be more updates in weeks to come.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Speak of the devil and he doth appear.

You hope I do what now?

Sorry, but for the most part when I learn that a business asks that I not carry on their property, I respect that desire... by adding them to my unapproved-vendors list and simply not patronizing them anymore.

Sure, it's been a little inconvenient having my local movie theater on that list (after they decided to search my wife's purse when we went to see a film back in 2012, completely unaware of what was lawfully holstered inside of my waistband) we soon found a better place which isn't all that much further away and has food & booze available for order (I just wish I could hit the can while still watching the film).

You want my opinion on the Oregon standoff? Here it is: While I agree with their beefs, I do not agree with their methods.

Want more?

I subscribe to the "four boxes of liberty" view which can be summarized as: "There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Please use in that order."

The nuts in Oregon didn't fully exhaust their options for #1 & #2 and skipped ahead to #4... and now clearly hope #3 will save their butts after their previous resorting to #4.

I do have to chuckle though at the desire from many on the left to kill the lot of them with a drone, gas or pointless head on attacks... ignoring the support of Occupy Wall Street by the left not that long ago... but then who said 'progressives' were consistent?

The delayed law enforcement response was also fully predictable, not because of the color of the skin of the protestors (as supporters of say, the 4th precinct protestors in Minneapolis have been quick to claim), but an institutional memory of previous standoffs of that sort... which your article mentions.

I agree that the feds own more state land in the west than they should, however there are better initial ways to address this... such as the Article V process, something that is gaining steam (though for other reasons). I agree that Dwight & Steven Hammond got raw deals. This was a way to bring attention to both issues... but not a very good way.

Alas I do foresee multiple days where we see large armed conflicts between civilian groups and the federal government... not only because of increased federal encroachment of individual liberties, but because of a sense that #1 & #2 aren't working. The continued existence of Hillary on the campaign trail is an example of this, as is the support for Sanders in opposition... of course both seek to contribute to the decline that neither actually seek to prevent.