Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

Default Re: Scott Weiland formerly of Stone Temple Pilots found dead in Minnesota tour bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben in LA View Post
    Will folks make fun of him like they did Whitney Houston and Amy Whinehouse?
    Comedy = tragedy + time

Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.

President of Russia Veteran Poster Vladimir Putin's Avatar

Default Re: Scott Weiland formerly of Stone Temple Pilots found dead in Minnesota tour bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben in LA View Post
    Will folks make fun of him like they did Whitney Houston and Amy Whinehouse?
    Although Scott battled drugs and most likely also misbehaved along the way, I don't recall reading a single news report of him making an ass out of himself like the way Whitney and Amy did. If there were such news reports, then I guess they didn't grab as much interest as Whitney or Amy.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Putin View Post
    Although Scott battled drugs and most likely also misbehaved along the way, I don't recall reading a single news report of him making an ass out of himself like the way Whitney and Amy did. If there were such news reports, then I guess they didn't grab as much interest as Whitney or Amy.
    I agree....singers like Scott Weiland are known amongst his fanbase, and he did achieve a certain amount of fame outside his genre (he did win a couple of Grammys), but he never became a pop icon like the other two did. Whitney's crash was in contrast to when she came up in music...she was the all american cutie pie with the big voice.
    Amy Winehouse never even achieved the body of work the previous two did but, even though she was a soul/blues/jazz singer, she was big among the pop and celebrity circuit (the twitter crowd), same as Whitney...so that puts them 'out there' a lot more. The folks who 'tweeted' about their death, probably didn't even know who Scott Weiland was.

...and as VP has stated, I don't recall him saying or doing anything as publicly stupid as the other two. His fans knew his problems and may have kidded about them and Scott himself was often self deprecating in his comments and some of his lyrics about the whole thing...

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by fred41; 12-05-2015 at 02:25 AM.

Junior Member Rookie Poster ScarlettPixl's Avatar

That guy was awesome. Huge fan of STP and Velvet Revolver here. Shame he died of drug issues

RIP

Cam Girl Junior Poster crystalsopen's Avatar

Personal Fave: Intestate Love Song.
    Sometimes when I'm alone late at night it still goes through my head.

Makes me think of driving tired and alone when I just want to be home, or having to concentrate on work a day when I just want to cry.
    The good ones make art that makes us feel.

It sucks that it seems substance abuse got the better of him.

See more at ...
    My Tumblr
    and now on crystalsopen.com

Its sad.
    He probably woke up from the same trip dozens of times before.
    As you get older you have to cut it back or you run the risk of waking up dead.
    Big loss.

RIP Scott.