Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Re: US marine murders transwoman

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricWoody View Post
    He didn't get much time for Murder. Is this normal time for this Country's Laws and their court system.
    He wasn't convicted of murder. He was convicted of the lesser charge of homicide.

Senior Member Veteran Poster Lovecox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by werwt22 View Post
    First off 6-12 is a long time. Secondly, can you imagine being 100% opposed to sex with a TS and then finding out you did. I was lucky that she told me before my first time right before I kissed her. Its a mind fuck...I was lost for a minute because even though it wasnt something I've done before, I couldnt help the feeling I fealt before I knew, but completely contradicted what I believed. Lucky scenario if they tell you before the dirt has been done. TS play a dangerous game with tricking men and unfortunately this is how it ends up sometimes. It completely alters a persons world that hasnt been exposed to it before. We've come a long way but this lifestyle is not normal yet.
    I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by werwt22 View Post
    First off 6-12 is a long time. Secondly, can you imagine being 100% opposed to sex with a TS and then finding out you did. I was lucky that she told me before my first time right before I kissed her. Its a mind fuck...I was lost for a minute because even though it wasnt something I've done before, I couldnt help the feeling I fealt before I knew, but completely contradicted what I believed. Lucky scenario if they tell you before the dirt has been done. TS play a dangerous game with tricking men and unfortunately this is how it ends up sometimes. It completely alters a persons world that hasnt been exposed to it before. We've come a long way but this lifestyle is not normal yet.
    Still no reason to kill a person

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

He actually used self-defense as part of his trial strategy, saying he was afraid he was going to be raped. And the judge believed it enough to give him this lite sentence. This guy disgusts me. I hope he gets shanked in the dick while he's in prison!

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    There's two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither one works.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by runningdownthatdream View Post
    No winners in this situation. He was young, inexperienced, and likely bigoted due to religion and culture. She seemed to have been experienced enough with foreigners as she had a supposed boyfriend from Europe but likely enjoyed the attention of someone young and American and probably thought he'd be able to handle her being TS.

While there is discrimination in the Philippines against LGBT it isn't as vile or as obvious as it is here in North America. LGBT are generally accepted socially although there are certain stigmas. From what I've observed it's ok for 'heterosexual' men to date TS because it's viewed as just a sexual thing but socializing with family or long-term relationships would not be acceptable. I think it's also common for men to have a TS girlfriend for the non-sexual perks - gay/lesbians/TS seem to shower their bf/gf with gifts and attention.

I would think that Jennifer would have had no expectation of being beat-up let alone killed in a place like Manila just because she was TS. In some ways this was a clash of cultures and as usual, the Westerner not having respect for the people or place where he was at.

Non religious people can be the same

Professional Poster runningdownthatdream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redtiger View Post
    He actually used self-defense as part of his trial strategy, saying he was afraid he was going to be raped. And the judge believed it enough to give him this lite sentence. This guy disgusts me. I hope he gets shanked in the dick while he's in prison!
    It being the Philippines, there was likely a lot more going on behind the scenes which resulted in that sentence. Like pressure from the US to be lenient and possibly payouts to the family as well. It's well-known and well-publicized by the family that they wanted millions of dollars + US visas for 7-8 family members to drop the complaint. That's perfectly legal there.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudedude12345 View Post
    Non religious people can be the same
    Out of everything I wrote you inferred I was blaming bigotry solely on religion?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

What, me worry? Rookie Poster

What drives me crazy is that they insuate that its understandable given that she was a transwoman. Wtf???

it doesnt matter if her genitals were internal or external. She was a woman. Period. I hope that psychopath who killed her gets assraped and killed in prison.

Can't we all get along?

Quote Originally Posted by runningdownthatdream View Post
    It being the Philippines, there was likely a lot more going on behind the scenes which resulted in that sentence. Like pressure from the US to be lenient and possibly payouts to the family as well. It's well-known and well-publicized by the family that they wanted millions of dollars + US visas for 7-8 family members to drop the complaint. That's perfectly legal there.
    The sister asked for 200M in pesos ($445,733.06 US) for damages. Jennifer's mother refused any payoff. The visa request never happened.

http://www.philstar.com:8080/headlin...defense-lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Trapt53 View Post
    The sister asked for 200M in pesos ($445,733.06 US) for damages. Jennifer's mother refused any payoff. The visa request never happened.

http://www.philstar.com:8080/headlin...defense-lawyer
    Add another zero champ, the exchange rate is usually at about 1USD = PHP45.00. And I can assure you that as late as mid-September (the philstar article is dated August) it was being reported on the larger news networks that the sister was indeed looking for the payout and visas. Of course it's nearly impossible to get at the truth of anything reported in Philippines media but it's more likely than not that the family or someone representing them made those claims. Once you spend time in the Philippines you start to gain a better feeling for what's likely and what isn't.