Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member Junior Poster

Default US marine murders transwoman

I'm pissed that this nut was given only 6-12 years for killing a transgender woman after he found out she was a male while receiving oral sex. Lance Cpl. Joseph Scott Pemberton, punched and choked Jennifer Laude, leaving her face down and unconscious in a toilet. She was later pronounced dead after drowning.

Senior Member Professional Poster gaysian71's Avatar

Default Re: US marine murders transwoman

Oh, so he found out she was trans after she went down on him? Yeah right. He should have gotten life, or SRS at the very least.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster ElectricWoody's Avatar

He didn't get much time for Murder. Is this normal time for this Country's Laws and their court system.

Junior Poster

its probably normal for a country that desperately wants the us to stand up to their neighbourhood bully.

when i was stationed in japan, they made us watch a video about how awful japanese prisons were, fish head stew and no heat to name a few of the highlights... i assume a prison in the philippines would be even less nice than a japanese prison. 6-12 years in a filipino might seem longer than life in prison in some american states.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricWoody View Post
    He didn't get much time for Murder. Is this normal time for this Country's Laws and their court system.
    Just in America

Veteran Poster

First off 6-12 is a long time. Secondly, can you imagine being 100% opposed to sex with a TS and then finding out you did. I was lucky that she told me before my first time right before I kissed her. Its a mind fuck...I was lost for a minute because even though it wasnt something I've done before, I couldnt help the feeling I fealt before I knew, but completely contradicted what I believed. Lucky scenario if they tell you before the dirt has been done. TS play a dangerous game with tricking men and unfortunately this is how it ends up sometimes. It completely alters a persons world that hasnt been exposed to it before. We've come a long way but this lifestyle is not normal yet.

1 out of 4 members liked this post.
    Reality is perception.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by werwt22 View Post
    \Secondly, can you imagine being 100% opposed to sex with a TS and then finding out you did.
    He knew she was trans.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by dreamon View Post
    He knew she was trans.
    if he knew before he took her home then he should rot.

Reality is perception.

Professional Poster runningdownthatdream's Avatar

No winners in this situation. He was young, inexperienced, and likely bigoted due to religion and culture. She seemed to have been experienced enough with foreigners as she had a supposed boyfriend from Europe but likely enjoyed the attention of someone young and American and probably thought he'd be able to handle her being TS.

While there is discrimination in the Philippines against LGBT it isn't as vile or as obvious as it is here in North America. LGBT are generally accepted socially although there are certain stigmas. From what I've observed it's ok for 'heterosexual' men to date TS because it's viewed as just a sexual thing but socializing with family or long-term relationships would not be acceptable. I think it's also common for men to have a TS girlfriend for the non-sexual perks - gay/lesbians/TS seem to shower their bf/gf with gifts and attention.

I would think that Jennifer would have had no expectation of being beat-up let alone killed in a place like Manila just because she was TS. In some ways this was a clash of cultures and as usual, the Westerner not having respect for the people or place where he was at.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by werwt22 View Post
    if he knew before he took her home then he should rot.
    1. He most likely knew before they went home.

2. Even if he didn't, the fact that there were two used condoms in the hotel room implies that they fucked each other.

3. Even if he still didn't know, it doesn't excuse murdering her. In fact, it makes it a hate crime which is even worse.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.