Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Caitlyn Jenner's Glamour Women of the Year Award and the transphobic backlash

These comments section is dumb on YouTube. When Kaitlyn Jenner receives the Glamour Women of the Year Award, Everybody went completely nuts. Now, Being black, white, Asian, Hispanic, man, woman, gay r straight shouldn't be an achievement. People in this world make something like this an achievement

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Veteran Poster

Default Re: Caitlyn Jenner's Glamour Women of the Year Award and the transphobic backlash

The 9/11 firefighter who gave back his wife's Woman of the Year Award really pissed me off.

I'll say this. I don't think Caitlin was necessarily the best choice for the award. She may have made some great strides for the trans community this year, but she also was involved in a deadly "accident" that would have resulted in charges if she weren't so famous.

That said, I get a kick out of the faux outrage people are raising. Somehow she isn't as "qualified" as a woman because she is trans? Seriously... who the fuck gave a crap about the ESPY Courage Award until this year? Now it's somehow one of the most prestigious awards in the world? People need to get over themselves.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Professional Poster

Default Re: Caitlyn Jenner's Glamour Women of the Year Award and the transphobic backlash

What did she do to win all these awards?

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoPervySage View Post

Americans are judgmental.

Senior Member Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Dudedude12345 View Post
    Again, what did she do? I'm not judging anything. I seriously want to know.

I'm assuming you're not American and feel like your country is somehow less judgmental of people(it's just as judgmental as every other country)

4 out of 4 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster Lester316's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dudedude12345 View Post
    I'll preface this by pointing out that I'm not an American... (not really sure why though).

What has she done that any other that any other individual that has recently transitioned hasn't?

Been involved in a multiple vehicle collision, avoiding criminal charges, although awaiting the events of two civil suits? Or has been the star of her own reality TV show maybe... Or belittled the efforts of women all over the world in pushing for equality by suggesting 'the hardest part of being a woman is deciding what to wear'.

I don't know a great deal about these awards for 'most glamorous woman' but I can't help but think they'd have a great deal more credibility in their support of transgender women if they gave the award to someone who didn't also happen to be a reality TV star. Of course they might be the entirely vapid type of awards that pander to exactly that type of culture; in which case she probably deserves her win.

Anyhow I have a great deal more respect for those that are brave enough to come out to friends, family and the world at large without the extra incentive of a reality TV cheque.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Before I came here I was confused about this subject. Having listened to your lecture I am still confused. But on a higher level. Enrico Fermi

I confused things with their names: that is belief. Jean-Paul Sartre

Actually, that's how she won those awards. I am from america

Veteran Poster

I believe South Park summed up why she won the award pretty well in all honesty.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoPervySage View Post
    A perfectly valid question.
    Or better yet.

What has Caitlyn done better to beat out say for example, Laverne Cox for this award?

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Senior Member Professional Poster rabbitfufu's Avatar

comming out at 65 after 2 marriages kids and a ton of money does not make you a hero. A person that is a HERO is sacrifice!!!!! I have been part of thr trans community so long that if you crossedressed you were considered gay. I have followed many people from Rene Rchards to Chriastian Jorgansen. BRUCE JENNER is a fraud!!!

1 out of 2 members liked this post.