Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Re: Charlie Sheen to disclose he is HIV Positive on Today Show

Question for those that are knowledgable about the meds: As far as anti-HIV drugs work, I have heard that some work so well, the patient no longer tests positive anymore. They still need to take the meds, of course, but the meds are doing a great job.

Is it possible that anti-HIV drugs can make somebody non-contagious? I'm hoping those people quit acting because they took pics of his medicine cabinet, and got paid off, instead of testing positive themselves.

Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisfiction View Post
    I know some pretty awesome personal injury lawyers and even they will have their limits. When a defendant's attorney is excellent at civil procedure money makes a huge different when bringing a suit. Of course Charlie paid them off. We all know he consults legal counsel regularly. I am sure he settled out of court any potential claims against him.
    You know shit...any PI attorney who backs off a case like this would be laughed out of business.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    Charlie Sheen might be a cokehead and a sex fiend, but he's not dumb.
    I would definitely argue that.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Queens Guy View Post
    Question for those that are knowledgable about the meds: As far as anti-HIV drugs work, I have heard that some work so well, the patient no longer tests positive anymore. They still need to take the meds, of course, but the meds are doing a great job.

Is it possible that anti-HIV drugs can make somebody non-contagious? I'm hoping those people quit acting because they took pics of his medicine cabinet, and got paid off, instead of testing positive themselves.
    The drugs lower the viral load; therefore, you are less likely to become ill. You are still "contagious"; however, the risk of transmission isn't as high if you have a high viral load. There is a possibly that Charlie can still pass the virus to somebody else. However, it is suppppppppppppppppppperrrrr low if he engages in safe behaviors.

Last edited by notdrunk; 11-18-2015 at 12:07 AM.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by nysprod View Post
    You know shit...any PI attorney who backs off a case like this would be laughed out of business.
    Going to have to agree. There is simply too much money to be made for a lawyer to back out. Even with the chance of losing the case (which I personally believe would be small... the burden of proof in civil cases is much, much lower), the NPV of suing Chuck would be very much positive. They would only need to find one plaintiff to make it worth their time.. Guarantee there will be at least one person out there willing to sue him.

Professional Poster lifeisfiction's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nysprod View Post
    Not trying to argue with you. If you think the case is a slam dunk that's good for you. I never saw this case as a slam dunk. I see various problems that would have to be addressed. Charlie covered his ass, if you look at his steps. He was never stupid. He was willing to pay upwards of 10 million. It also appears to have taken the right steps in giving himself protection through NDAs and settlements. He is already alluding to his defenses. He is ready for war and I don't think people understand what he is doing. I will never say with certainty that no one will win, but your are going to have to damn hard to win against him. That's all I am saying.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

NDA's will be worthless in this.

By the way ... #WINNING !!!

4 out of 4 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by christianxxx View Post
    Don't forget Gavin Rossdale and Eddie Murphy my friend.
    a) It was not a comprehensive list, b) yes Eddie Murphy (I think he was into Summer St Cerly), and c) I have never heard of Gavin Rossdale...guess I will have to google him. All of this being more interesting than Charlie Sheen, who to me is a minor figure with little talent if Half a Man or whatever it is, is anything to go by.

Professional Poster lifeisfiction's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GroobySteven View Post
    NDA's will be worthless in this.

By the way ... #WINNING !!!
    They won't stop information, but if done right can make things tricky. I will leave it at that. No one is going to believe me. Let's see how many will win against him.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisfiction View Post
    They won't stop information, but if done right can make things tricky. I will leave it at that. No one is going to believe me. Let's see how many will win against him.
    If they are settling out of court for large sums of money it's the same thing as winning (the attorney who negotiates the settlement would also get paid). Also, why would someone sign an nda unless they are being paid damages? If he told his partners he did not have hiv and then transmitted it to them, it probably won't matter how crafty his attorneys are.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.