Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Gold Poster Laphroaig's Avatar

Default Re: TG Rights, Yes...But Is This Too Much?

Quote Originally Posted by nysprod View Post
    Apparently, you have the need to fill this thread with irrelevant drivel as well.
    I only pointed out an existing thread, that despite it's faults, covers the same topic as this one. You're the one who successfully derailed your own thread by highlighting the irrelevant material.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laphroaig View Post
    I only pointed out an existing thread, that despite it's faults, covers the same topic as this one. You're the one who successfully derailed your own thread by highlighting the irrelevant material.
    Are you going to make a relevant comment or is it to be just more of the same?

Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.

Professional Poster lifeisfiction's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nysprod View Post
    Are you going to make a relevant comment or is it to be just more of the same?
    It was pretty thorough discussion. I commented in it and I don't want to have to retype my statements again. Not to undermine your thread, but it was a solid discussion. It sort of went another path in the end, but for most of it, it was a great discussion.

Junior Poster

The school is requiring that the trans student change behind a privacy screen. Fine by me as long as they require ALL of the students to change behind those screens.

4 out of 5 members liked this post.

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scottnapx View Post
    The school is requiring that the trans student change behind a privacy screen. Fine by me as long as they require ALL of the students to change behind those screens.
    Exactly. I don't think underage kids should have access to ANY naked bodies, regardless of gender. The same argument being used against the TS girl is also legitimate for lesbians, if it's legitimate at all. That said, the lack of privacy in such situations is mind-boggling, IMO.

~BB~

So a FtM transgender shouldn't be allowed to change with the boys cause he's got a Vag and might be faking it?..lol

Hell, it doesn't matter because a TS (as also has been mentioned many times over)...may be a transsexual, but lesbian...and you can't bar homosexuals from locker rooms anyway.

...and let's face it - a TS at that age may be more uncomfortable about her naked body than any of those teenage girls ...just saying.
    So who are we protecting and from what?

Illegal mind rape?..lol.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

Forcing the trans student to act differently reinforces the idea that she is, by her very nature, wrong and different. It is morally reprehensible to do that. If the other students are uncomfortable they don't have to look. Their possible discomfort does not limit her rights.

3 out of 4 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

I'm seeing some very expressive and well thought out comments, and I appreciate the input.

What scott said about "forcing the trans student to act differently reinforces the idea that she is, by her very nature, wrong and different" really got me thinking about what it was like to be an adolescent as compared to an adult.

Certainly, for a young person in a high school setting, the idea of being seen as "different" can be very painful...and for a transgender person, I can barley imagine how this must be magnified.

I think that people need to be taught that different should not and does not automatically equate to being wrong, and that differences should be embraced rather than vilified.

Because at the end of the day, we're all different.

Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.

Junior Poster

"I think that people need to be taught that different should not and does not automatically equate to being wrong, and that differences should be embraced rather than vilified."
    -nysprod

This statement is the basis of my basic life philosophy. I had a teacher in 5th grade... mostly a raving lunatic, but she said one thing that stayed with me for my entire life... paraphrasing...

"The American melting pot is both a terrible image and a horrible goal. In a melting pot all the ingredients become one tasteless uniform mush. A fruit salad on the other hand has many different ingredients that add to one another without losing what they are by themselves."

This is how I live my life. celebrating diversity. be it gender, sexuality, race, religion, political affiliation, social status, whatever. It has kept life interesting.