Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I would move saved files..video,pictures to 2nd harddrive and also burn a cd or dvd copy as well just to be safe, because you never know when your haddrive might fail or run into a probleme where you have to reformat / re-install

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by kukm4
    I would move saved files..video,pictures to 2nd harddrive and also burn a cd or dvd copy as well just to be safe, because you never know when your haddrive might fail or run into a probleme where you have to reformat / re-install
    absolutely, that is rock solid advice kukm4, sweet avatar too, hey now!

Rookie Poster

Default 250 gig's? why so small?

go to newegg and shop for price, but get a BIGGER drive!!. it's external so it will move to the next machine, music, video, and pictures fill a drive FAST!! get the biggest, fastest drive u can afford now so you wont have to replace it so soon, also a bigger drive can allow you to make backups to it, while you empty space on your startup drive.
    if this is a desktop machine, install the new driv, internally, make the new drive the start drive and keep both

Rookie Poster

your best bet is www.pricewatch.com, buy an external enclosure and a harddrive seperatley. I recently bought an enclosure for 25 and a 250gig western digital for about 60 - 70 bucks. Saves you a couple 100 bucks. Harddisk wise try 2 stay with maxtor or western digital, thats all i roll wit.

5 Star Poster south ov da border's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dvda74
    Thanks for the advice folks. From what I've read a lot of these things crap out after a fairly short period of time. True?
    yea it is. I got a maxtor 200 gig in feb, and by april it died on me. not even 2 months....

too much french fries, not enough shakes...