Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Gold Poster

Default Re: Students Protest Transgender Teen’s Use of Girls’ Locker Room- What Are Her Right

Hey shmo. I've answered the question several times in this thread. I said I don't think the use of a female restroom by a mtf transsexual is a violation. I've even stated my opinion as to this case, which is that I doubt she is insincere in her desire to transition. I think that if she used the restroom it would not violate the privacy rights of other girls since restrooms are partitioned into stalls.

And yes, your English is terrible. You say I haven't heard you speak, but typically people don't speak as clearly as they write. I hope for your sake that's not true.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

Senior Member Gold Poster Laphroaig's Avatar

Default Re: Students Protest Transgender Teen’s Use of Girls’ Locker Room- What Are Her Right

Quote Originally Posted by jamesedwards View Post
    Of course I am aware, I like to talk ghetto mixed with a lil slang, I say ain't instead of "isn't" LOL trust me I know how to write a simple sentence, and know how to carry grammar well if I wanted to. I talk all types of shit here, this ain't school ya know? LOL
    That part we can all agree with.

4 out of 4 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster Lester316's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dreamon View Post
    It really confuses me that people could actually think that someone who looks like a woman would be more distracting in a women's room than a men's room.

Most of the people who oppose transgender rights seem to spend a lot of time thinking and worrying about where people take shits. It's kinda creepy to me.
    This kind of misses the point in my opinion it's a locker room a place where you change clothing in front of other people and possibly take a shower - this requires nudity last I checked and it is exactly at that point where Lila would look 100% male as physically she still is. It's all a matter of what is appropriate for the venue involved. We all accept that it is clear transgender people are born into the wrong bodies but until they transition those bodies stay as they genetically started out - Lila or any TS girl has every right to how she feels but until she has changed how she looks it is not fair on everyone else using that facility.

Imagine a different scenario without transgender people involved. At a gay men's bathhouse/sauna a woman walks in and start to strip off in the changing area and when challenged she says 'but I like cock too I won't bother anyone' - is this acceptable? These men have chosen to go to a place designed to be private and suitable for their gender and sexual identity. Or make it even simpler at a gym a woman goes into the male locker room and starts stripping off - now I'm sure plenty of straight guys would joke 'fine by me' or whatever but some of the men using that gym may be gay, others may feel uncomfortable around a naked woman they have never met.

I know in Lila's case (and for other TS girls) they identify as female and want to go where they feel comfortable - genetics let them down and that isn't fair after all; it also isn't fair to all the girls that use that locker room to enforce sharing with someone who is genetically male. There is no perfect solution in this case, why should a minority's feelings take precedent over the majority's or vice-versa; of course no one should be forced into an unfair situation but when you can't find a way to make everyone 100% happy you do the best you can. Extra facilities are available and should be used.

4 out of 5 members liked this post.
    Before I came here I was confused about this subject. Having listened to your lecture I am still confused. But on a higher level. Enrico Fermi

I confused things with their names: that is belief. Jean-Paul Sartre

Senior Member Gold Poster Laphroaig's Avatar

No I am not going to post the def. of phobia, who told you that? Now you read minds? GTFO!
    Too late, you already did. Please try to keep up, you're making this far too easy...

Phobia means scared, are you telling me, straight people are scared of homosexuals?

Here's the defintion:
    Homophobia
    noun
    unreasoning fear of or antipathy toward homosexuals and homosexuality.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by Laphroaig; 09-05-2015 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    Hey shmo. I've answered the question several times in this thread. I said I don't think the use of a female restroom by a mtf transsexual is a violation. I've even stated my opinion as to this case, which is that I doubt she is insincere in her desire to transition. I think that if she used the restroom it would not violate the privacy rights of other girls since restrooms are partitioned into stalls.

And yes, your English is terrible. You say I haven't heard you speak, but typically people don't speak as clearly as they write. I hope for your sake that's not true.
    Dude, I can write very well, I am here to have fun most the time, and when I type out of term, its because I am having fun. <-------You see how well constructed that sentence is?

Stop the bullshit, stay on topic, what you don't like that I used the word bullshit?

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Laphroaig View Post
    Too late, you already did. Please try to keep up, you're making this far too easy...
    Yeah I already did but did you read his post? He said I am going put up the definition, if I already did why in the fuck would I put it up again?

Some of you motha fuckas are to worried if I used the def. of Phobia, and how I type.

TALK ABOUT THE FUCKING GIRLS AND THEIR RIGHTS AND STOP WORRYING ABOUT WHAT I DO, ITS NOT IMPORTANT! EVERY TIME I ASK ABOUT THE GIRL'S RIGHTS SOME OF YOU MOTHA FUCKAS PUT RED HERRINGS INTO THE DAM QUESTIONS! IS THE GIRLS BEING VIOLATED, I SAY YES, BOYS HAVE NO BUSINESS IN A MIDDLE SCHOOL OR HIGH SCHOOL LOCKER ROOM WITH GIRLS! NOW LETS TALK ABOUT THAT!

Lester that was fucking profoundly said!!!! thank you!!!!
    This is the violation, the school gave Lila a way out, meaning they gave a neutral locker room, Lila then goes into the girl's locker room because Lila didn't feel comfy in a place where Lila was alone? Notice, Lila is all by herself/himself with no other people around, now I have to ask, why in the FUCK did Lila think Lila could and should go into the girl's locker room? To start some shit! Plain and simple! The school accommodated Lila, went our their way to give Lila her/his space and Lila chose to violate the girls!

A boy, has no dam right in a girls locker room and vice versa, now who is going to be the rabbit's ass to say I am wrong? Saying shit like "I'm not going to hurt them" what the fuck, they don't know that? This is the confusing this shit starts, but me I am not confused, Lila shouldn't be in the girls locker room! Lila, is suppose to be Lila, get the operation, have a pussy and tits and look like a female! If you don't use the neutral locker room!

You mean to tell me we can't protect our girls from things that are not right? This shouldn't even be an argument! Some of you have no answers, motha fuckas worried about how I write, or type. If I was to talk on a corporate level, these same motha fuckas wouldn't understand shit I was saying.

Those girls need their privacy! Period, and boys shouldn't be in it. My main post on this shit is about RIGHTS, then gender because its the subject after rights. Lila has violated the school's principles on the matter because Lila is trying to prove a fucking point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester316 View Post
    This kind of misses the point in my opinion it's a locker room a place where you change clothing in front of other people and possibly take a shower - this requires nudity last I checked and it is exactly at that point where Lila would look 100% male as physically she still is. It's all a matter of what is appropriate for the venue involved. We all accept that it is clear transgender people are born into the wrong bodies but until they transition those bodies stay as they genetically started out - Lila or any TS girl has every right to how she feels but until she has changed how she looks it is not fair on everyone else using that facility.

Imagine a different scenario without transgender people involved. At a gay men's bathhouse/sauna a woman walks in and start to strip off in the changing area and when challenged she says 'but I like cock too I won't bother anyone' - is this acceptable? These men have chosen to go to a place designed to be private and suitable for their gender and sexual identity. Or make it even simpler at a gym a woman goes into the male locker room and starts stripping off - now I'm sure plenty of straight guys would joke 'fine by me' or whatever but some of the men using that gym may be gay, others may feel uncomfortable around a naked woman they have never met.

I know in Lila's case (and for other TS girls) they identify as female and want to go where they feel comfortable - genetics let them down and that isn't fair after all; it also isn't fair to all the girls that use that locker room to enforce sharing with someone who is genetically male. There is no perfect solution in this case, why should a minority's feelings take precedent over the majority's or vice-versa; of course no one should be forced into an unfair situation but when you can't find a way to make everyone 100% happy you do the best you can. Extra facilities are available and should be used.

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

Dude, I can write very well, I am here to have fun most the time, and when I type out of term, its because I am having fun. <-------You see how well constructed that sentence is?

Stop the bullshit, stay on topic, what you don't like that I used the word bullshit?
    If you keep saying things that are objectionable, then how can anyone stay on topic? I noticed that you have such kind words for Lester, as though you are trying to bring him onto your side. But I wonder whether he sees your various posts as a validation of his beliefs. What he is saying is very different from what you are saying in scope and content.

I will point out one misconception a lot of people have about democratic processes. A democracy does not protect people from the tyranny of the majority. This is one of the reasons we have guaranteed rights in our constitution and why we have a judiciary that scrutinizes democratically passed laws. Different countries have set up different institutions, but not everything is held to a referendum or decided based on the number of people claiming grievances.

A law that requires people to use the bathroom of their biological sex would probably not be overturned and no court has found this to be a fundamental right of transgender individuals. I will point out though that if same sex marriage were held to a referendum in this country it might not pass, but our Supreme Court has now said that it cannot be outlawed. The reason I feel the way I do is that I think it's dangerous for people to claim they should be able to exclude others because they are uncomfortable with their presence. If they could prove that the person was insincere or really trying to get access to the restroom for their own gratification and posed a threat to them, my view would change.

Here's a hypothetical. If heterosexual men, who far outnumber gay men, were to decide that they feel uncomfortable sharing a restroom with men who might find them sexually attractive, should their numerosity dictate the outcome?

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Professional Poster lifeisfiction's Avatar

This thread has been popcorn good. Still, everyone realizes we are talking about teenage girls and boys. The age where boys and girls are still learning about their bodies and all that stuff. I remember in High School a lot guys in the locker room felt uncomfortable about being naked in front of another male. Wasn't like college where almost everyone walked around naked.

I think in this situation people should remember these are kids we are talking about not adults.