Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Default Students Protest Transgender Teen’s Use of Girls’ Locker Room- What Are Her Rights?

Here we go a fucking gin!!!!!

Students Protest Transgender Teen’s Use of Girls’ Locker Room: What Are Her Rights?

A transgender teen in Missouri is at the center of a heated debate about her right to change in her high school’s girls’ locker room.

Nearly 200 students walked out of Hillsboro High School on Monday in a protest that lasted two hours.

Lila Perry, the 17-year-old at the center of the debate, reportedly identified as a gay male until she was 13 and publicly came out as transgender in February. She previously used a gender-neutral faculty bathroom but began changing in the girls’ locker room this school year before her physical education class.

Protesters were divided: One side supported Perry’s right to change in the girls’ locker room; the other wants her to continue to use the gender-neutral bathroom.

“It wasn’t too long ago white people were saying, ‘I don’t feel comfortable sharing a bathroom with a black person,’ and history repeats itself,” Perry told Fox News.

She also assured parents that she is not going to “hurt” their daughters. “I’m not going to expose myself. I’m not a pervert,” she says. “I’m a transgender woman. I’m a girl. I’m just in there to change, do my business, and if they have any questions about being transgender, they are more than welcome to talk to me, and I’ll be happy to explain it.”

Perry says she began using the girls’ locker room because she didn’t want to feel segregated.

But some female students say they’re uncomfortable because, while Perry wears dresses and a wig, she still has male genitalia.

“I find it offensive because Lila has not [gone] through any procedure to become female,” student Sophie Beel told Fox. “Putting on a dress and putting on a wig is not transgender to me.”

Some parents also argue that many are left feeling uncomfortable to accommodate one person. “The girls have rights, and they shouldn’t have to share a bathroom with a boy,” Tammy Sorden, who has a son at the high school, told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. She added that it’s not right to give Perry special treatment “while the girls just have to suck it up.”

https://www.yahoo.com/health/stude
    nts-protest-transgender-teen-39-s-1248252992708662.html
    -----------------------------------------------

Now see, this is some crazy shit, the Transgender was given a way out by using a gender neutral facility. Why the fuck would this Transgender person go and violate girls? This is why Straight people don't want to fuck with gays, Transgenders etc, because some where along the line they always do some thing to fuck up the rules.

I agree with the woman the TG has no right to impose his shit on girls. Him telling people he's not going to hurt the girls is not the point, and to me his thinking is fucked up. Straight people don't give a fuck about having knowledge about gays or TG's. All they know you are gay or TG or lesbo and the shit is wrong, that's all they see. And they have a point. You can't give TG's rights over theirs that shit makes no sense. Girls walk out, fuckes up their education because the TG violates where to dress up. Everybody is not comfy with this shit and people need to understand this. Technically the girls are right, he is a guy with a fucking wig on and has a penis, the TG is a guy, he wants to be a female, naturally the TG is not!

I am looking at this guy and some thing is dismal about this TG, this shit is deeper than just being a TG, the TG need counseling!!!

Now notice they didn't say he would go in the boys locker, but I know why since the TG is claiming to be a girl there shouldn't be a boast, well their better not be or this can turn out ugly. See the TG thought he could do this to the girls, because they are just girls and they stood their ground and said fuck no you are not violating us. Technically you're not a girl that's why you have TG on as a title and was given a neutral space to dress and some how you feel you need to dress in the girls locker room? this shit is crazy!

1 out of 6 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster Hemi Royd's Avatar

Default Re: Students Protest Transgender Teen’s Use of Girls’ Locker Room- What Are Her Right

What people do for attention,,Things that make you uhmmmmmmm,he surely is a cross dresser,and perhaps want to check the girls out,,,,,But let's see the aftermath,,,,,,,

3 out of 7 members liked this post.

Default Re: Students Protest Transgender Teen’s Use of Girls’ Locker Room- What Are Her Right

Quote Originally Posted by Hemi Royd View Post
    What people do for attention,,Things that make you uhmmmmmmm,he surely is a cross dresser,and perhaps want to check the girls out,,,,,But let's see the aftermath,,,,,,,
    Bammmmmmmmmmm I am glad you said it, I didn't have to say it cause motha fuckas would of been down my throat! Thank you, for your reply. He is confused as fuck! This Catliyn Jenner shit is causing some shit!!!

3 out of 5 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster Lester316's Avatar

The question in any debate like this I suppose is when is the change mentally and psychically from identifying as male or female and actually living as a different gender than which you were genetically born. At this point the person the arguments revolve around may identify as female but there has been no actual start to the psychical transition beyond changing clothes (I'm including a wig in there). Now I respect everyone's rights when it comes to not being made to feel like an outsider but if Lila identified as a gay male until 13 and is now 17 there have been at least 4 years to change their hairstyle (ie: grow it a bit) and whilst publicly Lila didn't come out as transgender until the age of 17 that wouldn't be an issue as plenty of guys have longer hair anyhow (clearly Lila wants to have longer hair or wouldn't wear the wig).

There is a gender neutral changing area which Lila can use, they might not like that and feel it impacts upon their rights/feelings but in all fairness why should the rights and feelings of all of the female students come second? Surely they have a right not to be forced to share changing areas with someone who is psychically 100% male.

It may not be fair to everyone but in general I'm a believer that in situations that will never be fair to all involved democracy should apply. To quote Star Trek 'the needs of the many outweigh the needs of they few'. We've seen similar stories pop up with regards to gyms and such places I don't want anyone to be/or feel discriminated against but sometimes you just can't find a solution that works for everyone so whatever is the best of the bunch has to be used (ie: a third changing area).

Also I should add what we have here is a school. We are all aware that despite sex ed, biology and other classes that children/teenagers develop sexual maturity and understanding at varying ages they don't all reach the same point in their heads at the same time; therefore forcing students to share facilities with someone who is in every sense genetically sexually different to them is not fair.

I respect Lila for coming out at a young age, it's very brave, but if you are that brave then be brave enough to accept that while it isn't fair you have to make the best of the situation and use the option provided. Coming out at 17 is very mature thing to do but not everyone will be as mature emotionally as that and they shouldn't be forced into something they (and their parents) find uncomfortable whilst they are still at school.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Before I came here I was confused about this subject. Having listened to your lecture I am still confused. But on a higher level. Enrico Fermi

I confused things with their names: that is belief. Jean-Paul Sartre

Gold Poster

Are we talking about whether the individual in this case identifies as transsexual or whether in general transsexuals should be able to use the bathroom of the gender they identify with? These are two separate issues and obviously the first post in this thread is an incoherent screed against the rights of transgender women generally with some homophobia thrown in.

I have no idea whether the individual in question is sincere in her transition but I imagine she is and doesn't have an ulterior motive. Personally I think if someone is sincere in their transition and wants to identify as a female, then people should be accepting of that and that includes use of restrooms matching their gender identity. Typically public restrooms are not locked, and so if someone is a sex offender, it is not the permission to use the bathroom that gives them access. In women's restrooms there are stalls and so if someone is uncomfortable with a transgender woman being in the restroom they are allowed to control their privacy by using stalls.

Anyhow, surprising to me that on a forum for admirers of transsexuals there are so many people who could care less how they are treated.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

That was profoundly said!!!!!

Only thing I disagree with is the maturity. the females of the school aren't mature and neither is the TG. We know in school you can't have boys in the girls looker room and vice versa. Disrupting normal activities at school because of your personal is not good. Really to me he is a CD, he's confusing and confusing shit at the school. If parents boycott that school and say their child is not going there it will be a wrap for the TG/CD. Listen those children know what's going on better than some grown folk, they know what a gay person is, I don't know why certain TG's feel they need to educate people. There are people that don't want to hear it or you coming in front of them trying to explain. You want to be a woman, plain and simple, whatever emotional rollercoasters you have that's on you, people don't need to know that, for real.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester316 View Post
    The question in any debate like this I suppose is when is the change mentally and psychically from identifying as male or female and actually living as a different gender than which you were genetically born. At this point the person the arguments revolve around may identify as female but there has been no actual start to the psychical transition beyond changing clothes (I'm including a wig in there). Now I respect everyone's rights when it comes to not being made to feel like an outsider but if Lila identified as a gay male until 13 and is now 17 there have been at least 4 years to change their hairstyle (ie: grow it a bit) and whilst publicly Lila didn't come out as transgender until the age of 17 that wouldn't be an issue as plenty of guys have longer hair anyhow (clearly Lila wants to have longer hair or wouldn't wear the wig).

There is a gender neutral changing area which Lila can use, they might not like that and feel it impacts upon their rights/feelings but in all fairness why should the rights and feelings of all of the female students come second? Surely they have a right not to be forced to share changing areas with someone who is psychically 100% male.

It may not be fair to everyone but in general I'm a believer that in situations that will never be fair to all involved democracy should apply. To quote Star Trek 'the needs of the many outweigh the needs of they few'. We've seen similar stories pop up with regards to gyms and such places I don't want anyone to be/or feel discriminated against but sometimes you just can't find a solution that works for everyone so whatever is the best of the bunch has to be used (ie: a third changing area).

Also I should add what we have here is a school. We are all aware that despite sex ed, biology and other classes that children/teenagers develop sexual maturity and understanding at varying ages they don't all reach the same point in their heads at the same time; therefore forcing students to share facilities with someone who is in every sense genetically sexually different to them is not fair.

I respect Lila for coming out at a young age, it's very brave, but if you are that brave then be brave enough to accept that while it isn't fair you have to make the best of the situation and use the option provided. Coming out at 17 is very mature thing to do but not everyone will be as mature emotionally as that and they shouldn't be forced into something they (and their parents) find uncomfortable whilst they are still at school.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

No, we are not trying to identify what the person identifies as, that's been established, suppose to be transgender!

The subject is violating female's locker room because technically the TG is a male with just a wig on and a dress and still have balls and a cock, and the females don't feel comfy with this. The facility already took care of this problem with giving the TG a neutral locker, so why do the TG feel the need to go into the girls locker room? The TG is going to lose, because if the adults didn't see it as a problem at first they wouldn't have given the TG a neutral place they would of told the TG go ahead into the girls locker room. The parents are going to fight back, straight people are getting tired of this shit, trust me.

Homophobia? Hmmm that word is ignorant, here's why, it's a play on words and straight people's psyche. If it means people are scared of homosexuals that is dumb! People aren't scared of homosexuals, they don't like their life style, so what word can we use for that? Homophobia was created to make the straight people feel sorry for homosexuals and to compromise their position, that's it.

You're not looking at both sides of the coin and how society really is. People don't have to accept shit! You're telling me a young teen female has to accept a male in the locker room with them or bathroom? This is why people are getting furious it's causes mad confusion! This shit is trinkling down to the children and it's not right! This is what was said by straight people before, they fear for the children and now it's come to past! Children should not be forced into this shit, and they should feel comfy while at school. they have to deal with drugs, male predators, sex, violence, correct education curriculum, food, health, teen pregnancy, suicide, racism, and now this shit? It's to much for a child to take. I like when a TG transitions, But I am also a fucking realist, you can't force young girls into this shit it could fuck them up mentally. They shouldn't have to deal with this shit they should be learning.

We are not talking about sex offenders dude! We are talking about a technically boy going into a female's locker room! Those young females shouldn't be put under that type of pressure! THEY HAVE RIGHTS ALSO! When you start fucking with the children then I have a fucking problem! I haven't seen not one TG come out and say this is wrong to do on female girls!

You will see the fathers in full force, so you better get ready.

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    Are we talking about whether the individual in this case identifies as transsexual or whether in general transsexuals should be able to use the bathroom of the gender they identify with? These are two separate issues and obviously the first post in this thread is an incoherent screed against the rights of transgender women generally with some homophobia thrown in.

I have no idea whether the individual in question is sincere in her transition but I imagine she is and doesn't have an ulterior motive. Personally I think if someone is sincere in their transition and wants to identify as a female, then people should be accepting of that and that includes use of restrooms matching their gender identity. Typically public restrooms are not locked, and so if someone is a sex offender, it is not the permission to use the bathroom that gives them access. In women's restrooms there are stalls and so if someone is uncomfortable with a transgender woman being in the restroom they are allowed to control their privacy by using stalls.

Anyhow, surprising to me that on a forum for admirers of transsexuals there are so many people who could care less how they are treated.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by jamesedwards; 09-03-2015 at 10:50 PM.

Senior Member Veteran Poster Lester316's Avatar

On a side note I think the school should be more concerned about spelling and grammar...

Did you see that guy's sign he totally doesn't get how to use an apostrophe; I bet he went there. Too much time arguing about changing facilities and not enough spent on the differences between plurals and the possessive. I'm outraged!!!!

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Before I came here I was confused about this subject. Having listened to your lecture I am still confused. But on a higher level. Enrico Fermi

I confused things with their names: that is belief. Jean-Paul Sartre

Gold Poster

I respect reasonable disagreement on the subject (for that see Lester's post). I don't care for the garbled self-hatred espoused by James or the insinuation that this is just an attention seeking pervert and not someone who wants to transition...there is room for disagreement about how we defend competing interests but your posts are too moronic to really argue with James. Your bigotry towards homosexuals and transgender individuals and your generally irrational views only show what decent people have to contend with.

The term homophobia was not invented to make people feel sorry for gay men and women but because they have historically been subject to abuse for their sexual orientation. You could not be a bigger fool if you tried.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester316 View Post
    On a side note I think the school should be more concerned about spelling and grammar...

Did you see that guy's sign he totally doesn't get how to use an apostrophe; I bet he went there. Too much time arguing about changing facilities and not enough spent on the differences between plurals and the possessive. I'm outraged!!!!
    I seen that, and he made a mistake also with the word "Right's" But the apostrophe should of went where "Girl's Rights" <-------like that, he would of had the proper sign. But see that's why the children need their education not be worried about some person invading their school privacy.