Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: So what do you Brits make of Trump ?

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody View Post
    It'll be interesting to see the new poll numbers, post Paris massacre
    could be a big bounce for Trump
    Homer Simpson will be nominated before Trump, .....relax.
    I'm thinking European Hard-Liners should be getting more popular due to current events.
    Odds for Trump have gone from 100-1 a few weeks ago to 7-1. If Hillary gets indicted by the FBI............then I take back my Homer Simpson joke. America will be great again.

World Class Asshole

The terror attack in Paris, either intentional or not, hit young progressives. It also may turn out that some of the participants involved may have gotten there by infiltrating the Syrian refugees...mass acceptance of which is also more of a progressive ideal...and a fear of which would bring out Republican voters big time. It could change the minds of some progressive voters and certainly of progressive Independents. Because of this, I believe that if the elections were held tomorrow, almost any of the Republicans left on the big stage would win the election for President. Its just how politics work.
    But there is still a lot of time to go before the election.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...point-4-supre/

This was the closest thing I could find to an all purpose thread for the election. But maybe the biggest thing at stake in the next election is the court. Bader Ginsburg, Scalia, and Kennedy are 80 years old or older and Breyer is 78. The court will be deciding issues such as the constitutionality of banning gay marriage, the affordable care act, and regulation of abortion...the court can always overturn old decisions because it's the highest court in the land. To me, this is the most long-lasting change. If a Democrat appoints four new justices, you have Kagan and Sotomayor plus four more with similar ideological leanings (three will do actually)...equals a majority for quite a long time.

Verified account Silver Poster Ben in LA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    America will be great again.
    America has never been great...for ALL of its residents. In America's past there's always been someone marginalized (Blacks, the Japanese, Jews, LGBT, women, children, the poor)...and electing Heil Toupee won't change that. So miss me with that "Make America Great Again" bullshit.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben in LA View Post
    America has never been great...for ALL of its residents. In America's past there's always been someone marginalized (Blacks, the Japanese, Jews, LGBT, women, children, the poor)...and electing Heil Toupee won't change that. So miss me with that "Make America Great Again" bullshit.
    Ben, as I have said before, Obama followed by Clinton really is AS GOOD AS IT GETS for the BLACK and LGBT community.
    And they get my vote, I'll be dancing election night....

HOWEVER....if Hillary erased some damning email and the FBI techies can "un-erase" it, then suddenly everything changes.
    Sanders, O'Malley, and Biden are all beatable.
    And if it came down to Trump, Carson, Rubio, or Cruz.............
    Trump V. Sanders???
    I dunno!!???????

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    World Class Asshole

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

if Hillary erased some damning email...
    Don't you just love hypotheticals. You can use them spread all kinds of shit. What if Rubio shot and killed a loan shark who held his mark and the FBI finds out?

The election is a few weeks less than a year away. Anything can happen. Anything might be discovered. What if Jesus descends from the clouds and endorses Frank Oz? Vote for Oz, Christians will.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ben in LA View Post
    On the details you are right; but it is as an idea that America is great. And even with its flaws the USA has been a great success compared to most other states, showing an ability to change which seems close to impossible in, for example, the United Kingdom or France where ossified institutions persist with no regard whatsoever for the social changes taking place around them. That might not be much comfort for Americans who are not really bothered by what happens elsewhere, but it might explain why many people would swap their life in Birmingham for a new one in Birmingham. However quite a few Brits do retire to Florida, which does need some explaining.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Don't you just love hypotheticals. You can use them spread all kinds of shit. What if Rubio shot and killed a loan shark who held his mark and the FBI finds out?

The election is a few weeks less than a year away. Anything can happen. Anything might be discovered. What if Jesus descends from the clouds and endorses Frank Oz? Vote for Oz, Christians will.
    I don't know who Frank Oz is, but I suspect that if Jesus did descend from the clouds, it would not take long for him to be arrested and end up in in a police cell. What happens after that I dread to think for a man with long hair, a beard and of Middle Eastern appearance...

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Don't you just love hypotheticals.
    In this case I guarantee you that damning emails were erased. And the FBI is looking for them. So it's not really that hypothetical.
    They actually vetted Rubio for a possible vice-president position last election and they found stuff.

World Class Asshole

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

The voice of Yoda, Frank Oz is. Emails erased guarantees there are none.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.