Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Veteran Poster

Default Re: So what do you Brits make of Trump ?

Trump is doing his friend Hillary a favor by weakening the Republican Party and letting her glide to the Presidency. A Hillary Presidency is going to be really depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamon View Post
    Trump is doing his friend Hillary a favor by weakening the Republican Party and letting her glide to the Presidency. A Hillary Presidency is going to be really depressing.
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...tial_race.html

As some of the present polling results show, there is some truth to this (again, though things can very much change)...it would probably be even worse if he ran as an Independent. Some of the present data indicates that even though both candidates have a large unfavorable rating...Trump's is worse...and Hillary Clinton should be able to beat him.

...although now that I read a bunch of polls on the net...that unfavorable rating jumps around a little bit also.

here's an interesting article about the unfavorable rating:

http://theweek.com/speedreads/593213...te-independent

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    And I understand there is a Godwin's Law argument against calling anyone a Nazi. The parallels become so thin that it appears one is only saying it for shock value. Afterall, Bush, Obama, Carson, Sanders have also been likened to Mein Fuhrer. I suppose it depends upon which parallels you like best, whether the comparison makes sense and is helpful in explaining someone's behavior....
    I don’t know if I’d compare Trump to Hitler...yet; although Trump is indeed a demagogue. Nevertheless, I would compare the crowds that cheer and applaud the two men. One was a congregation of ignorant, hate-filled, mean-spirited, violence-threatening, racist, small-minded bigots who were too afraid to publicly vent their poisonous hearts before they were given permission to do by a third rate painter. The other is a congregation of ignorant, hate-filled, mean-spirited, violence-threatening, racist, small-minded bigots who are too afraid to publicly vent their poisonous hearts before they were given permission to do by a third rate celebrity.

6 out of 6 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Silver Poster

I would pontificate that there is a slight parallel between the States today and Germany in the 1920s, not only had Germany lost WWI, most Germans thought their own GOVERNMENT blew that war. And the working class German suffered the most when it took a wheelbarrow full of Marks to buy a loaf of bread. Blaming the Jews sounded pretty good.

Today's working class Republican sees Illegal Immigrants taking their jobs, and feels like Bush II blew Iraq and killing Osama BinLaden.
    Not to mention wrecking the economy. They suffered most from Bush. Trump is talking directly to the frustration of the blue collar Republican. He and Sarah Palin are the first not to talk down to them.

Trump is all about his own BOTTOM LINE financially, and then the rest is gravy. The BOTTOM LINE in this deal was a Publicity stunt to make the Trump Name more marketable. He has NO real plan for being President. No team, no vice President, nothing in writing. He hasn't spent much money. The FOX News hammer and lunchpail crowd is his new Bitch and he's fucking the hell out of her. He's on an ego-trip and his fortune will grow because of it.
    ENJOY,...Democrats..............
    This is going to be an eight year party for us. On Tap.
    VOTE IN 2016!!!!
    REGISTER NOW!!!

World Class Asshole

Muhammad Ali Hits Back at Trump’s Anti-Muslim Comments:

I'll take a "depressing" Clinton presidency over a dangerous Trump presidency.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I'll take a "depressing" Clinton presidency over a dangerous Trump presidency.
    Hell, I'd take almost anyone else other than Trump that's running now in either party...including some I generally dislike.

Member Rookie Poster

I think he is saying things which a lot of people think, but can't say as they don't want to be attacked like he is being now.

Saying stuff like he is doing is not good for their own business or political ambitions.

But honestly, Western countries have a serious problem with regards to immigration.