Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 232829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: So what do you Brits make of Trump ?

Whale, I have to remind everybody that the GOP was thumbs down on Trump about 96% throughout the Republican Debates. Now they are 96% Pro-Trump.

World Class Asshole

Hey! my post just posted itself without me hitting the button!
    What a fucking day.
    My point was going to be that THE PEOPLE are the danger now, and I don't see a cure for that.

World Class Asshole

Happy birfday, Unca Donald, seventy three years young.

You are quick-witted and versatile. Your nature is a tad contradictory, as you crave change and adventure, yet you also need stability and security. At times impulsive, and other times very deliberate, your dual nature can be both intriguing and frustrating! You are a person who enjoys building and accumulating, and you can be very resourceful. Famous people born today: Yasmine Bleeth, Steffi Graf, Lucy Hale, Marla Gibbs, Che Guevara, Donald Trump, Burl Ives.

World Class Asshole

Senior Member Platinum Poster

The key content of today's meeting on the DMZ between the leader of the Workers Party of Korea and the President of the USA, coupled with the President's words of praise for Mohammed bin Salman: the USA endorses dictatorship, torture and terror, and dismisses democracy, freedom and the rule of law.

The USA -and most other states- does not recognize that North Korea is a legitimate state, yet Kim Jong-un is desperate to be acknowledged as the supreme leader of his country along with the Eternal Leader Kim il-Sung. To him, little else matters as this underlines his authority, and firms up the claim North Korea and the Workers Party has to rule the whole of the Korean peninsula.

Surely Congress, the Senate in particular, must remind the President the USA does not recognize North Korea, that the President alone cannot do that, so that neither man can legally enter either country. The US doesn't even have an ambassador in South Korea.

Or maybe the truth is that Congress is now irrelevant, that the Constitution is worthless, that power is all that matter and only one man has it, and will use it as he sees fit, to spite Obama, to make himself rich, to piss in the mouth of every American because he can, and because he thinks he knows better than anyone how to conduct the political affairs of the USA.

What an idiot, what a fool, what a menace to freedom this man is -get rid of him, America, and do it now!

Rookie Poster

Stavros totally agree

I think we all agree the other side is wrong, the rednecks are just as afraid that the queers and wetbacks are going to take over as the limp-wristed libs are afraid the backward racists will rule.
    If you live in the city, you're used to crime, traffic, high costs, locking your door. Not knowing your neighbor. Trump didn't attack the Democrats, he attacked the illegal immigrants. And he won.
    Small Town America doesn't want the World's problems. The World is murdering them.
    You won't beat Trump by calling him a dumb racist. You'll beat him by proving he laundered millions of dollars from Oligarchs and Putin made him his sissy because of it. And on Fox TV, that never happened.

When I used to go to the Chronic Fatigue Group meetings, they could tell me the doctor to go to if I wanted to have Lime Disease, and they could tell me the doctor to go to if I didn't want to have Lime Disease. Frustrating.

World Class Asshole

Can someone confirm that when George Washington and his troops stormed into John Wayne Airport in 1775 crying "where's the Duke! Where's the Duke!" An eight year old Mexican boy replied, " senor he is at school in Dublin"--?
    And it was the Air Force that won the war against the British. Ok?

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    And it was the Air Force that won the war against the British. Ok?
    We had a huge advantage because all of the British Airways flights were cancelled. The redcoats, stuck on a layover in Atlanta, weary from trying to get their muskets through airport security and trapped by flight commander Sherman at the luggage carousel, finally surrendered.

Their slogan in 1812 was, "this time we fly first class" and they made reservations months in advance, all accommodations paid for. It was a masterclass in travel planning that gave the yankees absolute fits.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

But then – as he discussed his trade war with China – came a new twist as Trump bestowed himself with a new title certain to launch a million Twitter memes.“This is a trade war that should have taken place years ago… somebody had to do it. I am the Chosen One.”That last line echoed a tweet the president had sent earlier in the day, in which Trump quoted the conspiracist Wayne Allyn Root, who in the past has said that violence including the murder of a peace activist at a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, was “probably paid actors & infiltrators hired by Soros”.“The Jewish people in Israel love him,” Trump quoted Root as saying on Wednesday, “like he’s the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God.”
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...wish-democrats

Nurse! Come quickly!

The link below is to an article that argues P45 has three qualities that can win him a second term: authenticity, consistency and emotional resonance. A lot thus depends on whether having used all three or one at the same time will win it again -nobody doubts his ability to connect, but will voters still be seething with rage and resentment when the judgement being made is not on Obama but his successor? And does a new generation of voters connect with that authentic voice and the consistent messages if they don't agree with them? He has to maintain his 37% and maybe more -and a lot depends too on who the Democrats choose, and the skills they employ in their campaign.

There is also an interesting review of P45's August tweetery, which may be disturbing enough to undermine the thoughts in the first link...

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/trump-2020-campaign-success-bill-clinton-strategist-branding-republicans-a9093216.html

https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-from-trumps-washington/trumps-wacky-angry-and-extreme-august-twitter