Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ballot-Selfies

Gold Poster

Default Re: Ballot-Selfies

The selfie may possibly include other people's faces though...that's a potential invasion of their privacy

I think ballot selfies are a wonderful idea. I think it could prevent more election fraud than not. It's proof you voted for the candidate you voted for. I think that electronic voting machines are subject to hacking and old fashioned ballot box stuffing still happens here and there.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

One of the big differences between the UK and the USA is that your ballot papers there can be as big as an A4 sheet of paper with multiple candidates running for local, state and Presidential posts, which you then feed into a machine, whereas in the UK there is one slip of paper with the names of the candidates per election, so if on the same day there is a General Election for the House of Commons in London, and another for the local council, there will be two separate ballot papers, and you vote by placing a cross against the candidate you want with the pencil that is provided in the station (but you can use your own pen if you take one with you).

I wonder if it would be easier and less prone to fraud if the ballot papers for your President were separate from the rest -?

In principle,selfie-ballots are a bad idea as the right to vote in secret is fundamental and I think should not be mediated just to suit the vanity of a few voters who think otherwise.

Gold Poster

Some of the ballots are now A4 size here too because of the number of candidates - it was beginning to look like a Littlewoods Pools coupon with much the same outcome in terms of success