Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I <3 Boobs + Blowjobs Platinum Poster RallyCola's Avatar

Default Re: AMC's "Fear The Walking Dead"

2nd episode review...

i stand by what i said in my first set of remarks...it lacks any originality or tension. i care nothing for any of the characters because their development is heavy-handed and rushed while the zombie apocalypse is tiresome and uninteresting.

but what irked me the most is that no one can talk to another here, instead choosing to keep everything internal and believing they are sparing them of the truth. it is a pathetic crutch and thankfully my wife realized how crappy it is after tonight's episode and she deleted it from the dvr. we shan't watch this dreck again.

how many times can someone ask what is going on and get a blank stare or no answer? it is a plot device that this episode relied on to a fault and shred the entire hour of anything redeeming.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Let's face it...some women just look better with their clothes ON

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RallyCola View Post
    2nd episode review...

i stand by what i said in my first set of remarks...it lacks any originality or tension.

but what irked me the most is that no one can talk to another here, instead choosing to keep everything internal and believing they are sparing them of the truth.
    1) I'm not asking you to change your perspective - it's yours and your entitled to it.
    2) Yes I agree with you about not oddity of no one talking about what they say.

And to re-emphasize my last post, IMHO, this series should be moving at about the same speed as The Strain....

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

in all honesty, i will never have anything to add to this thread after this episode because i gave it two and won't watch any more. I don't agree with your Strain analogy though.

Del Toro said he could see 1 season (of which 13 episodes were ordered at once) from 2 books and then essentially carry forward from there. AMC only ordered 6 episodes. They have no chance to really develop anything and they have made it a point to emphasize this blended family dynamic so heavily that it takes away from the zombie apocalypse. That is the ultimate failure here...the zombies are not yet relevant after 2 episodes and the main family is cliched and silly. In The Strain, there is far more time to actually flesh out ideas. So...because of AMC's choices and the idiocy of the showrunners, FTWD can't possibly evolve like The Strain.

As I re-think it now, with the speed that events are happening, it's possible that it's just a 6 episode mini-series - nothing more...nothing less...Just 6 and done.

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    As I re-think it now, with the speed that events are happening, it's possible that it's just a 6 episode mini-series - nothing more...nothing less...Just 6 and done.
    yeah, you have no idea what you are talking about. it's already renewed. you've just lost all credibility in debating this show.

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...n-2-75397.html

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/46...sodes#/slide/1

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...ter-81957.html

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

Regulator Professional Poster JenniferParisHusband's Avatar

It's meant to be a slow burn and build up, remember "The Farm" on The Walking Dead, how it was meant to slow things down and lead up to the barn, shane, the town, and big herd coming after the farm? I get what they are doing with this, and have every confidence that when they get to the end of this season, the build up will lead to something good. But its a real damn slow way of getting there, and it's not the best way to start off the show.

And I still want the drug addict kid to get eaten, and hopefully replaced by the kid who was being a badass and saying in the middle of a zombie outbreak, I'm going to get my knife back. And not even a real knife, a steak knife, incase he wanted to have a steak dinner while fighting off zombies. That kid is the best character on there. He's the East LA Darryl. I want him to roll around the zombie apocalypse in a low-rider the way Darryl does his Harley.

Last edited by JenniferParisHusband; 09-01-2015 at 06:40 AM.
    Jus wookin puh nub.

Quote Originally Posted by RallyCola View Post
    yeah, you have no idea what you are talking about. it's already renewed. you've just lost all credibility in debating this show.

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...n-2-75397.html

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/46...sodes#/slide/1

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...ter-81957.html
    I thought you were done with this thread (obviously not).

I see you couldn't resist the opportunity to insult rather than hold an intelligent discussion/debate though.

Last edited by MrFanti; 09-01-2015 at 06:53 AM.
    "I am, a SIGMA Male...

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferParisHusband View Post
    And I still want the drug addict kid to get eaten, and hopefully replaced by the kid who was being a badass and saying in the middle of a zombie outbreak,
    LoL!
    On a side note, more Black people getting zombified - I wonder who's next?

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

All I am going to say is I Fear that it will come on again! Bring back the real Walking Dead, pleaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    I thought you were done with this thread (obviously not).

I see you couldn't resist the opportunity to insult rather than hold an intelligent discussion/debate though.
    what is intelligent about what you said. you are clearly wrong and misinformed. there is nothing to debate when you think the series will end at 6 episodes when it already has been renewed. unfortunately, as i said, you've lost credibility on that topic.

i will have nothing to add for subsequent episodes but i will allow you to entertain me with your misconceptions of this series until next week. at that point, where i haven't watched the new episode, i will have no standing.