Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    President of Russia Veteran Poster Vladimir Putin's Avatar

Default Re: Tranny Awards Event

Quote Originally Posted by GroobySteven View Post
    Although I appreciate that you'd like to bring your better camera, we feel this would undermine both the feel of the event, the privacy of some guests and issues with not knowing who official photographers are. We have very limited media passes and these are given to photographers whom we either know, or who work for named industry publications.

The event is to be viewed, enjoyed and participated in. It's not meant to be a fashion show, zoo or gawkers exhibition and having unlimited pro-cameras would push it in that direction.

If you want to drop us a line at admin@grooby.com with some samples of your photography, we may be able to see if something can be worked out.

As far as 'after parties', there are a few industry or private parties going on but these are either not part of the show or ran by private individuals. Last year, both Buddy Wood's Pool Party and the a private after-party seemed to get a bit out of hand, by people turning up uninvited or tag-alongs and there may be stronger restrictions this year. I know that Buddy's is a party for models, industry, sponsors and guests and we'll certainly be limiting the amount of people who aren't part of that circle, as space is limited and last year there were too many for safety and costs.
    Thanks, check your E-mail.

Member Rookie Poster

I checked out theteashow.com site but there no place on the site that says how to purchase a ticket. Do I have to buy it thru grooby or something? I didn't see any details about it. Maybe its too early to get a ticket. or maybe I have to sign up on the grooby site. Anyone know how they purchased a ticket last year?

Relax, man. The show is still six months away, and all the details probably haven't been settled yet. When tickets go on sale, Steven will be sure to announce it in the forum as he always does.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niceguy4ts View Post
    I checked out theteashow.com site but there no place on the site that says how to purchase a ticket. Do I have to buy it thru grooby or something? I didn't see any details about it. Maybe its too early to get a ticket. or maybe I have to sign up on the grooby site. Anyone know how they purchased a ticket last year?
    As Max stated, it's too early. We'll probably do a discount early bird in Oct.

Cool Veteran Poster CoolAwesomeBXDude's Avatar

As far as 'after parties', there are a few industry or private parties going on but these are either not part of the show or ran by private individuals. Last year, both Buddy Wood's Pool Party and the a private after-party seemed to get a bit out of hand, by people turning up uninvited or tag-alongs and there may be stronger restrictions this year. I know that Buddy's is a party for models, industry, sponsors and guests and we'll certainly be limiting the amount of people who aren't part of that circle, as space is limited and last year there were too many for safety and costs.
    i wont lie the after parties are what i was most looking forward to

hopefully i can make it to one of those

Although I appreciate that you'd like to bring your better camera, we feel this would undermine both the feel of the event, the privacy of some guests and issues with not knowing who official photographers are. We have very limited media passes and these are given to photographers whom we either know, or who work for named industry publications.

The event is to be viewed, enjoyed and participated in. It's not meant to be a fashion show, zoo or gawkers exhibition and having unlimited pro-cameras would push it in that direction.

If you want to drop us a line at admin@grooby.com with some samples of your photography, we may be able to see if something can be worked out.

I went to a private one the night of the official after party and not the awards show. I was chatting with a girl and she asked if I was going. I said I didn't know anything about it and she said well....your coming with me then. I got lucky I guess.

Life is short. Just enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by ed_jaxon View Post
    I also recommend not bringing a good camera. Couple of years ago I brought mine and lost it at the after party.
    No you lost it because you put your trust in the wrong people. Plus we made sure a girl got into a safer environment after passing out at the venue.

Living your dream! Just call me your superhero! JIX
    1/3 of the Legendary Trifecta called O ED & the Jizzzyyy...
    PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

President of Russia Veteran Poster Vladimir Putin's Avatar

Did tickets go on sale yet? I checked the site and I didn't see anywhere where you could buy tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by ed_jaxon View Post
    I also recommend not bringing a good camera. Couple of years ago I brought mine and lost it at the after party.
    I remember that night oh too well. Carrying an unconscious drunk up a flight a stair (without getting puked on)

I do find the night before awards party to be quite invigorating. Closer to the date I will let you know if we are doing an afterparty of our own

Living your dream! Just call me your superhero! JIX
    1/3 of the Legendary Trifecta called O ED & the Jizzzyyy...
    PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Putin View Post
    Did tickets go on sale yet? I checked the site and I didn't see anywhere where you could buy tickets.
    No, not yet. We moved the show back a couple of weeks so everything else has been knocked back a bit also. It will be this month - don't worry, you won't miss the amount of promotion we do when it goes live

1 out of 1 members liked this post.