Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Default Re: The Curious Case of Alexander Litvinenko

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    but not everyone who dislikes Corbyn is a liar or has some special interest. That assumption makes his movement look a bit cult-like.
    Here's one of the reasons the Corbynistas are so 'rabid' sometimes.

One of the BBC's flagship political news programs, Newsnight, had this as a backdrop during a recent discussion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newsnight.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	1063905

So much for neutrality!

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    Here's one of the reasons the Corbynistas are so 'rabid' sometimes.

One of the BBC's flagship political news programs, Newsnight, had this as a backdrop during a recent discussion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newsnight.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	1063905

So much for neutrality!
    You're right. That's not a neutral image that's a partisan image.

But we have to ask what kind of look he's trying to affect with that hat. I found it in a slightly different shade https://www.ebay.com/i/122336404395?chn=ps&dispItem=1 And for women https://www.amazon.com/Hula-Girl-Ush.../dp/B00WWEDNME

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

But we have to ask what kind of look he's trying to affect with that hat.
    Well, before it became "hat of choice" for the Allfather, we just used to call them twatcaps!

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Senior Member Professional Poster peejaye's Avatar

You're right. That's not a neutral image that's a partisan image.

But we have to ask what kind of look he's trying to affect with that hat. I found it in a slightly different shade https://www.ebay.com/i/122336404395?chn=ps&dispItem=1 And for women https://www.amazon.com/Hula-Girl-Ush.../dp/B00WWEDNME
    This is just scratching the surface! This is why you guys overseas should NEVER ever believe what the BBC report on Politics in this country. There Chief Political Editor is a member of the Tory Party!

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by peejaye View Post
    This is just scratching the surface! This is why you guys overseas should NEVER ever believe what the BBC report on Politics in this country. There Chief Political Editor is a member of the Tory Party!
    Welcome back, comrade. Perhaps you can explain why your Brexit chums like UKIP and its former leader Nigel Farage regard the BBC as a left-wing organization fully committed to the implementation of Marxism's Common Purpose...?

filghy2 Silver Poster

[URL] Corbyn's supporters will often post excerpts of his speeches and say, "what is wrong with that. Why is the Tory press attacking him?" It's because the picture he paints is not consistent with reality, in a hundred different ways. Then you look at people who have historically supported him or been allies of his, like Livingstone, going on RT to insinuate there was maybe a false flag, and it makes one wonder what motivates Corbyn's slightly peculiar responses.
    What I find bizarre about this is that there is nothing left-wing about the Putin regime, which is characterised by crony capitalism, ethno-nationalism and social conservatism. Putin has far more in common with Trump and the right-wing governments of Hungary and Poland than with Corbyn and his supporters. It's as if these people can't move beyond the reflexive reactions they learnt in their youth when Russia was communist.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by filghy2; 03-18-2018 at 02:48 AM.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by peejaye View Post
    Out of idle curiosity I googled this claim and could not find a shred of evidence for it. The most I could find is that she was once listed as an invited speaker at a conservative conference fringe event, but the invitation was refused.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    It's as if these people can't move beyond the reflexive reactions they learnt in their youth when Russia was communist.
    I agree. It's almost as if the identity of the parties involved matter more than principles and facts. Even if Russia were still a communist country, they either had a hand in poisoning a former spy or they didn't. But as you say, there is nothing left-wing about the Putin regime.

Is there a possibility of some sort of frame-up or false flag? I swear to God if there is ever a large-scale false flag that fools most honest people and then is revealed we are going to be paying for it for the next hundred years. It would legitimize infowars and their ilk to some people.

To avoid outlier views on twitter I've ignored those with fewer than 3000 followers and I've still heard bizarre theories, from the number of different countries who could have been involved to the hypothesis that maybe novichok wasn't even used. I still haven't heard the definitive view on whether Corbyn's hat in that image has been altered to make it more Russian, as though it needed the help.

Out of generosity I was going to point out all the differences between Trump and Corbyn, of which there are many, but Corbyn's ineffectiveness is especially dangerous because of whatever the hell is going on with Trump, which is not mere ineffectiveness.

Last edited by broncofan; 03-18-2018 at 03:42 AM.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Is there a possibility of some sort of frame-up or false flag? I swear to God if there is ever a large-scale false flag that fools most honest people and then is revealed we are going to be paying for it for the next hundred years. It would legitimize infowars and their ilk to some people.
    I think the key question here concerns motive - who gains? It's obvious that the Russians had a motive to kill this guy, and they have plenty of form in that regard. I find it very hard to see who would gain sufficiently from provoking a dispute with Russia at a time when the UK is going through a messy divorce with the EU and we have a US president who is averse to taking firm action against Russia. Also, you have to wonder about the role of Russia in promoting these conspiracy theories, given they also have form in that area.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Professional Poster peejaye's Avatar

For anyone genuinely interested of a non-Establishment point of view, self confessed Conservative Peter Hitchins writes;

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co....-are-next.html