Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Favorite transgender movie

Mine is "The Crying Game"

I like the character Dill, she's so innocent and beautiful and I enjoyed the scene when Dill got naked. Jaye Davidson deserved that Oscar nomination. I felt so bad for Dill when she had to talk to that guy through 3" of glass at the end

Regulator Professional Poster JenniferParisHusband's Avatar

Default Re: Favorite transgender movie

I've always been partial to "Bugis Street." I like the Asian ladies, and the post-op character who talks about missing her cock is just gorgeous. A bit slower than The Crying Game, but if you like art-house movies, it's pretty good.

Jus wookin puh nub.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Two films I think stand out -

Boys Don't Cry
    (Kiberley Peirce, 1999) is about the real life case of Brandon Teena and without prejudice to the facts has some outstanding performances from Hilary Swank, Chloe Sevigny and Peter Sarsgard.

Ma vie en rose (Alain Berliner, 1997) is French film about growing up transgendered so has no sex, but is sensitive and beautifully done.

I saw Shadey (Philip Savile, 1985) a few times but not for some years now and cannot recall all of it, but it is about a young man who has telepathic powers and is in search of SRS which he achieves in the end in the most unexpected manner....stars the fine actor Anthony Sher. Not sure if it works as drama, does not seem to be available on DVD in the UK.

Mascara (Patrick Conrad 1987) is a feeble film about a serial killer and as far as I know has never been transferred to DVD. It is of interest because it stars Eva Robins and Romy Haag, in their day two of the best known European transexuals; Eva Robins may have been the first transexual to have a career in films -as an actor- and is also stunningly beautiful.

The Crying Game is poor on every level, the plot device of the British soldier kidnapped by the IRA doesn't ring true -as far as I can ascertain, only one soldier was ever kidnapped throughout the troubles -Captain Robert Nairac and he was working undercover in intelligence. The scene where Fergus discover's Dill's 'secret' and rushes into the toiler to vomit is bizarre, as most men would not behave like that but a lot would give Dill a savage beating, maybe to the point of death. Script is terrible.

If people need help, there are some internet databases, one is from 1999 the other from 2001

http://www.bcholmes.org/tg/tgmovies.html

http://www.ifge.org/movies/long_list.htm

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I <3 Boobs + Blowjobs Platinum Poster RallyCola's Avatar

The Crying Game has a special place in my memory because of the timing...when I saw it for the first time, I was just beginning to understand that I was enamored with transwomen just as much as ggirls. I will agree with Stavros though...it was not a great movie. Without the so-called twist, it has nothing new to offer. Repentance? Acceptance? Vengence? Love? These are all themes done far better in other flicks.

One movie that does not get much attention, partly because it is a made-for-tv movie that, is Solider's Girl. Lee Pace plays Calpernia Adams and Troy Garity plays the army dude that falls for her but then is ultimately killed by his own unit because they are homophobic. I do enjoy this movie because it makes an honest attempt to focus on the burgeoning relationship of a transwoman and a man, instead of making it a gimmick.

4 out of 4 members liked this post.

Let's face it...some women just look better with their clothes ON

Official HungAngels Sponsor! Professional Poster darkrose2000's Avatar

There were also:

20 Centimeters
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0421528/

This one was fun as well:
    Kinky Boots
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0434124/

And this one, which I was not able to find it anywhere...I would like to watch it:
    Princesa
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0281094/

I <3 Boobs + Blowjobs Platinum Poster RallyCola's Avatar

Princesa is not a great movie but as it is about a transwoman in the game, who tries for normalcy, who then goes back into the game, I do find a sense of realism that many other movies about transwomen don't feature. Ultimately, and this may be controversial, she is the reason she can't have normalcy, not Gianni. It is not an issue of blame...it is an issue of self-acceptance. In this moment, the movie accurately portrays the struggle of many transwomen...the conflict between the woman they are and the woman they want to be.

I rented the DVD over 12 years ago from Netflix so it might be available there if the quality of the clip below is not what you are after.

5 out of 5 members liked this post.

Let's face it...some women just look better with their clothes ON

Regulator Professional Poster JenniferParisHusband's Avatar

Forgot about Princesa. Ingrid de Souza is gorgeous, and really a talented actress. Good call.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Jus wookin puh nub.

I'll second Rally's vote for Soldier's Girl. A well done movie, based on Calpernia Addams' book about her experiences.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster

[QUOTE=Stavros;1621938]Two films I think stand out -

Boys Don't Cry
    (Kiberley Peirce, 1999) is about the real life case of Brandon Teena and without prejudice to the facts has some outstanding performances from Hilary Swank, Chloe Sevigny and Peter Sarsgard.

QUOTE]

Chloe Sevigny appeared in a TV series about her being a transgender contract killer called Hit & Miss

One other thing: Brandon Teenas mom wasn't accepting of his gender change

[QUOTE=Dudedude12345;1622051]
    Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Two films I think stand out -

Boys Don't Cry

QUOTE]

Chloe Sevigny appeared in a TV series about her being a transgender contract killer called Hit & Miss

One other thing: Brandon Teenas mom wasn't accepting of his gender change
    Loved "Hit & Miss"..http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2232345/

think it's still on Netflix. Wish they would renew it.