Thread: Perspective

Default Perspective

I believe that every time you gain a perspective, wether it's negative or positive, you become more in touch with the world. I don't believe in any organized religion, would rather get more in touch with the world.

Gold Poster

Default Re: Perspective

Masochist

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoarder View Post
    I believe that every time you gain a perspective, wether it's negative or positive, you become more in touch with the world. I don't believe in any organized religion, would rather get more in touch with the world.
    I’m not sure what you mean by becoming, “more in touch with the world.” If you mean better able to understand the world and cope with the situations the world tosses your way, then I would make a minor amendment to your initial thought, namely: every time you gain an accurate perspective, whether it's negative or positive, you become more in touch with the world. Acquiring a false perspective might in fact make the the world more difficult to understand and more difficult to cope with.

As to your further thought, I agree that some religions, sometimes, encourage their followers not to worry about the things of this world and instead focus upon the world beyond this Earthly life. Yet at other times those same religions advise their followers to be fair and understanding of those they encounter in this world.

I’m wondering why you make a distinction between religion that is organized and religion that isn’t. Organization per se isn’t a bad thing. A lot of organized science has worked quite well, the confirmation of the Higgs Boson being an example. Organized democratic rule is (in my estimation) better than anarchy. I admit that organization can introduce evils that weren’t there to begin with, but my feeling is that if there is something generally wrong with organized religion, then the seed of that wrong can probably be found in religion sans the organization.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Or become a Buddhist and find a way to be one with the world by detaching yourself from it.

Senior Member Silver Poster

From the perspective of a sixteen year old, fast cars, fast women, parties, friends,...these are the charms the world dangles before one's young eyes.
    If you're sixty-six, the house is paid for and the kids are gone, you know your days are numbered and before you meet your maker you might want to use your time to get to the mountain top and see the world in it's totality, before you check out.

World Class Asshole

Senior Member Silver Poster

Before my personal hunting and gathering needs draw me away from this site again, I'd like to use hoarder's thread to acknowledge that if Ben, Trish, Giovanni, and all the brothas and sisters here emphatically insist that race problems are a huge part of the American dilemma, I believe them, ...there are actually unlimited chances to cross over into other people's perspectives of the world, but the bravery needed seems to be in less supply.
    This site has a special little facet called TRANSITION__
    Could I transform into a Woman, A Stud, (a better life) ?????????
    Is it best to use ten years to become fabulously rich, or use ten years knowing what it's like to be black, be a woman, a poor man, a Kerouac, a lover, a prisoner in jail, maybe. Or face the slings and arrows and become an ADVENTURER, Traveler, Writer, Artist....????
    In my case I made the decision to become a working stiff, given the choice of paying the rent or sleeping on my parent's couch, I made the BOLD decision to get a stinking job and see the world from the perspective of a guy whose bills were all paid at the end of the month.
    This decision is not so much based on what I wanted, more like what the Military/Industrial Complex wanted for me.
    Hopefully after everybody makes their moves they settle into a place where they can find some PEACE, where they belong. Eventually you have to make peace with the confines of being human, everybody needs to lie down and get a good night's sleep.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	__t.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	156.5 KB 
ID:	863883  

World Class Asshole