Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thumbs up Everyone here help bree!

I stand with Bree!

Thanks and peace,

SHE NEEDS YOUR HELP
    http://act.colorofchange.org/sign/Dr...=mailingSignOn

Earlier today, people took action where South Carolina politicians have failed and cut down the Confederate flag from the capitol grounds.

One hour later the flag was already back up. Join us to demand SC officials release Bree and drop any charges.

Early this morning, a multiracial group of Carolinians led by teachers and activists took down the Confederate flag from the South Carolina capitol grounds — within an hour the state had raised the hateful banner once again in time for an 11 A.M. white supremacist rally.

Bree, the Black woman who climbed the pole and cut down the flag, was arrested and taken into custody by Capitol Police. She should be promptly released from jail, any charges should be dropped, and the legislature should immediately vote to permanently remove the flag.

I demand all charges against Bree are immediately dropped and that South Carolina never raise the flag again.

According to a statement from the activists they took down the flag because:

"We could not sit by and watch the victims of the Charleston Massacre be laid to rest while the inspiration for their deaths continue to fly above their caskets."

The Confederate flag was born out of a government defending the enslavement of Black people and resurrected as an emblem for whites violently opposing racial integration. Any government that recognizes the flag is declaring that it cherishes a history of racial terror.

Taking down the flag is just one step but one that strikes a blow at the visible symbol of white supremacy. Make no mistake about it, however, racism isn't just a flag or words it's baked into our economy and inequities in our democracy and criminal justice system.

In Bree's own words:

"It's time for a new chapter where we are sincere about dismantling white supremacy and building toward true racial justice and equality."

South Carolina officials have sided with white supremacists in choosing to restore the flag before a planned rally. The legislature must immediately vote to permanently remove the Confederate flag from the capitol and all state buildings.

I stand with Bree!

Thanks and peace,

SHE NEEDS YOUR HELP
    http://act.colorofchange.org/sign/Dr...=mailingSignOn
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bree-Newsome-arrest-feature-1000x600.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	855607   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150627-bree-newsome-indiegogo.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	203.8 KB 
ID:	855608   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bree-Newsome-arrest-feature.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	316.0 KB 
ID:	855609  

2 out of 4 members liked this post.
    Last edited by natina; 06-28-2015 at 05:30 AM.

Thumbs up Re: Everyone here help bree!

Woman climbs pole, removes Confederate flag

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/27/politi...federate-flag/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aptopix-charleston-shooting-confederate-flag.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	855610   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flag1-e1435425346543.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	855611  

2 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Last edited by natina; 06-28-2015 at 05:40 AM.

Veteran Poster

Default Re: Everyone here help bree!

She was rightfully arrested.

2 out of 5 members liked this post.

Lightbulb Re: Everyone here help bree!

In who's version of what's right?

YOU BEING HERE ARE CONSPIRING TO COMMIT A CRIME. SEE BELOW!

there use to be a right to own slave.

there use to be separate but equal.

it use to be legal to rape your slaves. Chattel Slavery

it use(some places its still illegal) to be illegal to have sex with a transsexual or to masquerade as another sex/gender.

1845 statute prohibiting cross-dressing. As originally enacted, the New York statute made it a crime to assemble “disguised” in public places

an arrestable offence
    the 1845 statute that made it a crime in the state to masquerade
    Attention divas, daggers, dykes, sissies and studs: sashay shante, y’all. According to Oakland's Code of Ordinances, your style is illegal.

Immoral Dress Code 9.08.080 has been in place since 1879: “It is unlawful for any person in the city to appear in any public place nude or in the attire of a person of the opposite sex, or in any indecent or lewd attire.”

In terms of concentration of same sex couples, Oakland is ranked among the top five major metropolitan areas in the nation. Certainly our city is as socially conscious as it is diverse. Yet shockingly, in 2010, cross-dressing remains an offense “against public peace and decency.”
    I first learned of this wacky time warp while attending an Oakland LGBT Roundtable meeting. Stephanie McLeod, pictured above,an intern with City Council Member Rebecca Kaplan’s office, created a slide show presentation which contextualized the ordinance.
    The civil war ended and the 15th amendment was ratified. Population explosions accompanied the gold rush and the transcontinental railroad; the latter saw Oakland grow from 1,500 people in 1860 to more than 36,000 in 1880. As the railroad’s western terminus, Oakland experienced a rush of new businesses, new manufacturing industries and new jobs. Migrants from the south, and immigrants from China and Southern Europe, changed the demographics of the area.
    “People who were not perceived to be part of the social ‘norm’ were marginalized and criminalized,” said McLeod. “Everyone is affected by this, not just queer people. If this law was enforced today, all the women on the police and fire departments could be charged with a misdemeanor for cross-dressing.”
    Though I have been out of the closet for 18 years, I admit sometimes I avoid learning about atrocities of the past; I'm already overwhelmed and frustrated by present day inequality. But after McLeod's presentation, I got curious.
    San Francisco preceded Oakland with a similar law in 1866. By 1930, most cities in California had dress code laws. From the mid-19th century, the state enacted all kinds of legislation against LGBT behavior; convictions led to forced sterilization, castration, indefinite hospitalization and life imprisonment. The law lumped child molesters and homosexuals together as “perverts.” Women suffragists wore pants in protest. German theorist Karoly Maria Kertbeny disputed the criminalization of “homosexuality” (a term he coined). Racist medical texts linked the idea of "degenerate" races with "degenerate" sexualities.
    In the wake of immigration legislation in Arizona, legislation that enables racial profiling, can we afford to leave vague laws on the books, laws that are subject to the interpretation of the times? Political climates change. In 1850, the state of California outlawed “crimes against nature.” Before 1900, this mainly applied to public sex, rape, and sex with a minor. But the early 20th century experienced a heightened anxiety over visible gender difference in urban communities, and homosexuals were increasingly arrested for “crimes against nature.”
    As McLeod emphasized, “It could happen again.”
    Shush! What’s that sound? Is it the bang of 1,000 fairies fainting in disbelief, falling to the floor? Nope. It’s the vogue boom of butch-queens dropping into suicide dips, their backs clapping the ground. An elegant tranny lip syncs Mary J. “You can’t keep a good woman down

http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/sho...-its-your-wife

crime against natureral sex/sodomy/anal sex even if its your wife
    In New Orleans, a first-time conviction of prostitution is charged as a misdemeanor. It can also, however, be charged as a first-time felony with a person facing up to a possible 5 years in prison and the requirement to register as a sex offender. The offense will be carried out as the latter only if it is classified as a “crime against nature.”

A crime against nature is one that involves unnatural copulation, or oral and anal sex. Vaginal sex is not a part of this because it is not seen as unnatural. So, it can be assumed that breaking this law can be seen as largely targeting the gay and transgendered populations. How can a law that was adopted in 1805 and that so clearly promotes bigotry still be in place? Thankfully, on February 16, a file was made to challenge this bullshit

http://sexculturepolitics.wordpress....-crime-at-all/

https://sexculturepolitics.wordpress...-crime-at-all/

http://cinemawithoutborders.com/revi...-uprising.html
    http://www.dragqueendiaries.com/blog...go-this-month/

2 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Last edited by natina; 06-28-2015 at 07:25 AM.

Senior Member Junior Poster

You have the most annoying posting style in the history of the Internet.

3 out of 5 members liked this post.

If you dom't like my post don't click on them.

I don't care what you think. I am gonna be me!

I don't give a fuck about you...............

Quote Originally Posted by DeezNuts515 View Post
    You have the most annoying posting style in the history of the Internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamon View Post

Verified account Silver Poster Ben in LA's Avatar

How could you NOT expect these responses?

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

~There goes another bit of my childhood!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	generalleerustbucket.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	855708

1 out of 3 members liked this post.
    I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by natina View Post
    In who's version of what's right?
    She defaced a monument on capital grounds, that is a misdemeanor in the state of South Carolina.

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamon View Post
    Agreed.

1 out of 3 members liked this post.
    " I don't pay them(Women) for sex, I pay them to leave".

Charlie Sheen