Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Poster

Default Re: Are any of the girls getting married now due to the decision?

Quote Originally Posted by Laphroaig View Post
    Thanks, I thought it must be something like that but I was under the (mistaken) impression that each State was free to make it's own laws on issues like that.
    Prior to this ruling, each state was free to pass its own laws on gay marriage. For example, it was legal in states like Washington and California, but not in others, such as Alabama. That was what spurred this Supreme Court case. A same sex couple was married in a state where it was legal, then returned to their home state where it was not legal (I believe Ohio but I can't remember) and it wasn't recognized.

Now, the Supreme Court ruling supercedes any of those laws. A couple states are trying to stay the ruling, and a couple are trying to appeal it, but they won't be successful.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MissAbelar View Post
    Last time I checked my I.D says FEMALE and I am a FEMALE who happens to be transgender. So I'm not sure what gay rights or same sex marriage laws has to do with me. I do find it disconcerting that so many people have this idea that being trans is exclusively a gay thing, and I can assure you its a major turn off when men are this ignorant.
    As I'm sure you know, the process for doing so can be difficult, and not all transgender women have had their IDs changed yet, so this does help those individuals.

President of Russia Veteran Poster Vladimir Putin's Avatar

This is my opinion, I consider TSs who have done everything but have SRS to be female (or male in the cases of FtoM TSs), but it was my understanding the law says otherwise. Someone mentioned that some states recognize TSs as women even if they don't have the SRS. I say it shouldn't matter if the person in question had SRS or not. If you're living as a woman, in my view you're a woman or a guy if you're a FtoM TS.