Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: HBO's The Wire

Veteran Poster

The only reason more people don't watch the show because it takes more for the average viewer to watch. Each and every little scene can be connected to a later bigger scene.

As much as I love the Shield, Sorpranos, Deadwood, or whatever they still have that 'wrap it up in a neat package' formula that most stories have (books, TV, movies).

The Wire is so realistic that it gets out of that mold.

It won't have you on edge each and every show like The Shield or 24 but if you invest the time in the early shows the later shows will have you wrapped up like no other show. Too many people aren't willing to invest the time in the slower scenes, the slower episodes.

Rookie Poster

why do i love the wire? sure, its one of the great shows on television right now-but thats not it...the guy who plays McNulty is actually British, and i saw an interview with him, of course speaking with an accent...does not get any hotter than that!

Life is what you make of it, so quit bitching and get going!

Rookie Poster

He's actually Australian, but his offscreen accent is pretty damn thick, yes.

No good friends. No bad friends. Only people you want, need to be with; people who build their houses in your heart.

Rookie Poster

The Wire is absolutely one of the best shows out there...and definitely one of my favorites! Plus, since I have On-Demand, I can watch episodes a whole week before they air regularly

What's the deal with McNulty this season though? I've hardly seen him at all...he was one of my favorite characters...I hope they aren't planning to write him off the show or use him sparingly...

In my opinion, I think Season 2 was the best...but then again, that's just me

*** POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING ****

I was watching one of HBO's On-Demand specials on The Wire, and it showed them interviewing the actor that plays Valchek, except he was dressed up in a higher-ranking uniform than a Major's (it looked more like a Deputy Ops uniform - like Rawls)...I wonder if this is indicative of something

Professional Poster

Looks like Omar is going to rob Marlo.

You gotta love Omar!!

Rookie Poster

For all The Wire fans, heres next weeks episode this week. Heres Episode 4 of season 4, its a link to the torrent, enjoy everybody

http://rapidshare.de/files/34546423/...4.torrent.html

if you dont like rapidshare, you can also get the torrent @
    www[]torrentbox[]com
    www[]torrentspy[]com

im seeding all night :P

fyi: the rest of the season has been leaked, so check your favorite file sharing spots to pick it up.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pinklace
    He's actually Australian, but his offscreen accent is pretty damn thick, yes.
    No he's British - a good Yorkshire boy. From the same place as Sean Bean I think.

What's more impressive in my opinion, is that the guy who plays Stringer is also British and has a strongish accent (what, their are black people in UK?).
    Another HBO series, Oz, a main black character, Kareen is also British and first starred as a little gay home nurse, in "In Sickness and in Health".

I've just started on season 4 - season 3 blew me away, just gets better.

seanchai

Professional Poster

Do you guys think Omar is going to get killed in Jail?

Rookie Poster

my fav show no doubt but i cheated and downloaded the rest of season 4 all i can say is that i was not disappointed