Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Monaco Grand Prix

The Formula One Monaco Grand Prix is this Sunday, and it's already being said that rookie Lewis Hamilton is a favorite. Anybody got any thoughts on the race?

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

5 Star Poster

Whoever wins the pole

Seriously, it seems that way some of the time on such a narrow street course.

Thursday free practice (2) - Monaco Grand Prix.

1. Fernando Alonso Spain McLaren-Mercedes 1:15.940
    2. Kimi Raikkonen Finland Ferrari-Ferrari 1:16.215
    3. Lewis Hamilton Britain McLaren-Mercedes 1:16.296
    4. Jarno Trulli Italy Toyota-Toyota 1:16.354
    5. Giancarlo Fisichella Italy Renault-Renault 1:16.753
    6. Felipe Massa Brazil Ferrari-Ferrari 1:16.784
    7. Robert Kubica Poland BMW Sauber 1:16.848
    8. Nico Rosberg Germany Williams-Toyota 1:16.852
    9. Mark Webber Australia Red Bull-Renault 1:17.292
    10. David Coulthard Britain Red Bull-Renault 1:17.414
    11. Rubens Barrichello Brazil Honda-Honda 1:17.449
    12. Jenson Button Britain Honda-Honda 1:17.457

http://www.crash.net/home~cid~1.htm

When people abandon the truth, they don’t believe in nothing, they believe in anything.

Junior Poster

what he said, because everyone knows there is nothing more exciting than a 60 mile race where no one passes anyone.

actually, lewis has made an amazing show of it this year. Kimi is my fave, then Fernando Alonso, but Massa is looking pretty fast too. Monaco is usually about the dullest of all the F1 races (though qualifying was pretty good last year when Schumacher spun his car out to block the last runs, harhar), but I love to see all those fifty million dollar yachts in the harbor....some amazing tubs in that pool.
    Now if only Danica could get an F1 ride and show those guys how to REALLY drive a car.

we're always a step out of time,
    now ain't that a shame

Quote Originally Posted by tsafficianado
    Now if only Danica could get an F1 ride and show those guys how to REALLY drive a car.
    I'm assuming you're joking, as Danica hasn't proven herself in the series she's in. Anyway, there has indeed been passing at Monaco, though it is admittedly rare, and I have a good feeling you'll see a pass or two this race.

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TJ347
    I'm assuming you're joking, as Danica hasn't proven herself in the series she's in. Anyway, there has indeed been passing at Monaco, though it is admittedly rare, and I have a good feeling you'll see a pass or two this race.
    He is. Seems to have a fixation on a driver racing around in her bikini. IRL is a distant 3rd behind F1 and CHAMP.

All McLaren front row!

But, I do watch GPs when I can catch them. Thing about F1 is that the technonlogy is taking over. Best tech cars now are Mercedes/McLaren and Ferrari, plug in almost any driver and they win.

Qualifying times - Monaco Grand Prix:

1. Fernando Alonso Spain McLaren-Mercedes 01:15.726
    2. Lewis Hamilton Britain McLaren-Mercedes 01:15.905
    3. Felipe Massa Brazil Ferrari-Ferrari 01:15.967

4. Giancarlo Fisichella Italy Renault-Renault 01:16.285
    5. Nico Rosberg Germany Williams-Toyota 01:16.439
    6. Mark Webber Australia Red Bull-Renault 01:16.784
    7. Nick Heidfeld Germany BMW Sauber 01:16.832
    8. Robert Kubica Poland BMW Sauber 01:16.955
    9. Rubens Barrichello Brazil Honda-Honda 01:17.498
    10. Jenson Button Britain Honda-Honda 01:17.939
    11. Alexander Wurz Austria Williams-Toyota 01:16.662
    12. Vitantonio Liuzzi Italy Toro Rosso-Ferrari 01:16.703
    13. Jarno Trulli Italy Toyota-Toyota 01:16.988
    14. Heikki Kovalainen Finland Renault-Renault 01:17.125
    15. Kimi Raikkonen Finland Ferrari-Ferrari no time Q2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hamiltonalonsomassa1_184.jpg 
Views:	783 
Size:	163.3 KB 
ID:	100557  

When people abandon the truth, they don’t believe in nothing, they believe in anything.

Junior Poster

>>> plug in almost any driver and they win.<<<
    yes, WMC, i see what you mean

Name:	danica_f1_169.jpg 
Views:	754 
Size:	155.2 KB 
ID:	100599  

we're always a step out of time,
    now ain't that a shame

5 Star Poster

>>> plug in almost any driver and they win.<<<
    yes, WMC, i see what you mean
    I said almost, IRL drivers don`t count

Unless you prefer them driving around in a bikini.

Name:	danicapatrick_202.jpg 
Views:	812 
Size:	228.7 KB 
ID:	100605  

This is my favorite race of all time. No passing? I'll never forget when Jackie Stewart passed Emerson Fidipaldi (sp?) on the chicane(sp?) on the last lap to win the race.

The chicane was essentially a u-turn. Fidipaldi was pinned on the inside going into the turn by Stewart. Stewart went in wide slammed on the brakes causing his rear end to slide around the turn and ended up with the inside track. Then he gunned it and blew away emerson.

The most amazing manuever I've ever seen in racing.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ezed
    This is my favorite race of all time. No passing? I'll never forget when Jackie Stewart passed Emerson Fidipaldi (sp?) on the chicane(sp?) on the last lap to win the race.

The chicane was essentially a u-turn. Fidipaldi was pinned on the inside going into the turn by Stewart. Stewart went in wide slammed on the brakes causing his rear end to slide around the turn and ended up with the inside track. Then he gunned it and blew away emerson.

The most amazing manuever I've ever seen in racing.
    I forgot how amazing the cockpit cam angle looks on such a tight street course after watching the qaulifying.

Last year, Michael Schumacher passed at least six cars, trying desperately to make sure he finished well into the points, as he was in a heated battle with Alonso. People who say there's no passing at Monaco don't know what the hell they're talking about, as in the last four years, there has been passing in each and every GP. It's rare, but it does happen. And on an unrelated note, while technology has intruded too much into F1, you cannot simply plug any driver into a car and get the same result you would if any other driver was in the car. For example, if Schumacher was still driving, Ferrari would be ahead in the constructor's championship, as he wouldn't be having half the bad luck (due to his unfamiliarity with the car and difficulty adapting) that Kimi's having.