Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Veteran Poster

Default Re: Bernie Sanders for President...

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    BTW, what do you think about the democratic candidates? Any that you find less objectionable than the others?
    No. The Democrats are rolling out the biggest shitstorm of candidates I've seen in a long time. It's actually sad how bad their candidates are this year. The Republicans have their fair share of idiots like Trump and Bush but at least there are some ok choices in that party.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    What don't you understand about the word "volunteer"?
    Good point. When I volunteered to work on political campaigns phone banking or knocking on doors I was paid exactly $0/hr.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Silver Poster

This whole 12/15 dollar tempest in a teacup sounds like one of those BreitbartFactory mud smears trying to find any mud that will stick to a candidate that in my mind is TOO ethical!
    These are the same guys who say teachers shouldn't get overtime for grading papers at home because teaching isn't a "job" it's a "calling"

I don't get Fox News on my Cable TV anymore, and I don't listen to Conservative Radio in the car unless there's a big election coming up. I doubt their listeners even know where Bernie is coming from.
    Hillary has a burning desire to settle some old scores with Republicans after the Monica/Ken Starr witch hunt humiliation.
    There will be blood!
    This time it will be personal. I can't wait.

World Class Asshole

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    This whole 12/15 dollar tempest in a teacup sounds like one of those BreitbartFactory mud smears trying to find any mud that will stick to a candidate that in my mind is TOO ethical!
    Sanders introduced a bill into the Senate that would require a $15 minimum wage.

“The current federal minimum wage is a starvation wage. It’s got to be raised to a living wage."

Sanders urged President Barack Obama to sign an executive order “so that every federal contract worker in this country is paid a living wage with good benefits and the ability to join a union,” according to a copy of his prepared remarks.

“The people who serve our food and clean our offices should not be forced to work two or three jobs just to pay the bills,” Sanders said.

“Today, we send a very loud and clear message to the United States Congress, to the president of the United States and to corporate America,” Sanders said. “In the richest country on the face of the Earth, no one who works 40 hours a week should be living in poverty.”
    Those are extremely strong comments from someone who seems to have no problem paying people something he does not consider to be a living wage, and that will send his employees into abject poverty.

It used to be that all the CEOs were in competition with each other, but now. it's like the NFL, where all the owners are buddies AND competitors. But the NFL Union could easily hire a firm of CPAs to replace the Owners and not miss a beat. The owners have there shit together much more than the players, and when I say shit I mean MONEY. You don't get rich by earning Money, you get rich by SAVING money, and the Owners have amassed huge piles of cash and the use it as leverage to dictate "how it's gonna be" ....When Reagan fired all the striking Air Traffic Controllers, he signed the Paper that says this is not a Country of the People, it's a Country of Peons.

PS The minimum wage NOW is $7.25/hr. So Bernie is actually spreadin' that wealth around pretty good.
    Republican Voters who fall in the category of "LABOR" voting for Management time and time again is the stupidest blunder in the History of all Mankind.

World Class Asshole

There is a reason Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump are so hot now, they represent the most polar opposites in American Politics. I actually know more about the Donald than Bernie, as people,
    The guy who wrote the Rolling Stone article about Trump was on CNN last night, and basically her said there are two Donald Trumps: the business savvy shark with the killer instinct who really does have a unique sense of reading economic tealeaves and the minds of Republican voters.......and a twelve year old kid who was sent away to military school as a kid by his mega-rich Dad.
    Republican voters see him building a wall around Mexico, defeating Putin and ISIS, and making all Americans rich again.
    Bernie Sanders is basically a Union Man, which during an election would translate to COMMUNIST, which is a more heinous word than BUSH in the USA. Democrat voters see him taking away all the Fat Cat's cash and distributing it 'mongst the working class, basically doubling income and making all Americans Rich again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Monopoly-save-your-token.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	875790  

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    World Class Asshole

Senior Member Professional Poster AshlynCreamher's Avatar

In June 2012, Sanders wrote a piece for The Huffington Post titled, “United Against the War on Women,”

"We are not returning to the days of back-room abortions, when countless women died or were maimed. The decision about abortion must remain a decision for the woman, her family, and physician to make, not the government."

Abortion isn't a woman's choice, its just plain evil

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	abortedbaby1.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	878146

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Therapeutic+abortion.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	878153

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Blastospheres are not people. Women DO have a right to make decisions that involve their own bodies.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	32-64-cell-stage-frog-blastosphere.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	276.2 KB 
ID:	878199   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gastrula.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	878200  

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Professional Poster AshlynCreamher's Avatar

Life begins at conception, therefore a blastosphere (embryo) is a human life and just because this human life is in the early development stages, it does not exclude its God giving right to life.

Abortion is murder, period

Ashlyn, please don't wear your HUNG ANGELS t-shirt to a pro life rally, you might get beat up. Most pro-lifers are more HUCKABEE than TRUMP, and define sex as two minutes between a man and woman, married, and as stiff as possible.

World Class Asshole