Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camera Shopping

Official HungAngels Sponsor! Professional Poster darkrose2000's Avatar

Default Re: Camera Shopping

Quote Originally Posted by Skye View Post
    Yeah. Thanks a ton for the responses. While the goal isn't to compete with actual photographers, we definitely want our photos to not look like they came from my Z3. My price range is definitely preferably 500 max. I have an canon eos 20D, but i feel like it's so old and obsolete. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the t5i. I greatly apologize that I don't understand a lot that was said, here, but I'll understand it eventually, and then the photos I upload will eventually look nicer.

Also, do any current cameras asupport chroma key?

If your budget is $500 then wait and don't buy anything.

Canon 20D is a VERY GOOD camera and you can create lovely photos, even in low light (for example with Sigma 35mm F/1.4 lens)

Invest in lens, get some experience and then save some money for Full frame camera, no matter the brand (it is your choice - most of the brands have very good models).

Regards,
    Kalin

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

To piggy back on what some others have said, bodies come & go but glass last forever. Recommend going a generation or 2 older than the current model that you're looking at, get yourself a cheap used "nifty fifty" ( 50mm f1.8 - ) and have fun!

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RACQUEL View Post
    Look at a used Nikon D300s excellent camera for shit money! Spend the money on a 85mm lens for people shots/ 200 zoom VR for outside stuff Ive used all of this for years. I just bought the Nikon D750/w the Nikor 28-70 lens This is a 5000 dollar setup, pics are FANTASTIC!!
    I treated myself to the Nikon Df - but went with an older 80-200 f2.8

That being said, both the 300s and new 750 rock!

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Junior Poster

I had a 20D that the shutter finally went bananas on so I got a 7D which I love. Lenses make the difference, I used to think that people were just being snobs when they talked about L glass, but after getting the 70-200 f4 I was amazed at the clarity and sharpness. The 7D could have better high ISO performance, I have heard good things about the 6D in this regard. One thing to consider is if you want full frame or crop sensor. I like the extra magnification the crop dives on the 7D, but it is like looking through a toilet paper roll when trying to go wide.

Senior Member Gold Poster Laphroaig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skye View Post
    Yeah. Thanks a ton for the responses. While the goal isn't to compete with actual photographers, we definitely want our photos to not look like they came from my Z3. My price range is definitely preferably 500 max. I have an canon eos 20D, but i feel like it's so old and obsolete. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the t5i. I greatly apologize that I don't understand a lot that was said, here, but I'll understand it eventually, and then the photos I upload will eventually look nicer.

Also, do any current cameras asupport chroma key?
    I don't know what you or your girlfriends current photographic skill level is but maybe you could look into photography courses?

Don't worry about not understanding some of the terms used, photography is like many other subjects, it has it's own language, acronyms, etc. Just ask or google anything and you'll soon pick it up. (I've got no idea what chroma key is )

Kindle has a lot of photography books (often for free). Some good, some bad, but I've picked up a few bargains. Even if you don't have a Kindle e-reader, the pc app is free and as long as you have an Amazon account you can download the books. In fact, reference books often work better on pc/tablet than on the e-readers. The link below shows current free Kindle books. Have a look under the "arts and photography" section. Appologies that it's the UK link but I assume there will be a Canadian equivalent.

http://www.dailyfreebooks.co.uk/

Last edited by Laphroaig; 04-21-2015 at 08:38 AM.

my fav book for general shooting is bryan petersons understanding exposure 3rd edition ... if u have a general idea of the exposure triangle it will really help u out...plus its only about 13 dollars on amazon

u will be fucking fat bitches in no time